Unreal Tournament 2007

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look it up... i got it in my gamespot news letter i think...

The games a freaking playable high rez cinematic...

Those unreal guys sure know what they are doing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good lord its just crazy isnt it! its beautifull

unreal 3 just raped the source engine, with their hdr

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my god.
It can't be playable like that, surely? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bleh, i can only imagine the type of sytem you would need to play that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I know. My freaking IMAGINATION doesn't have graphics like that...

Actually, it's probably a resource hog but the way they are building this game is pretty smart. If you read up on it, basically they are building the game for gampley BEFORE adding all the eye candy textures and lighting and stuff, so that they can perfect the maps without having to redo all the textures in a hallway they just widened, etc.

As a direct result of that I imagine they'll be able to track down any graphics hogging stuff as they go simply by seeing the framerates and such change as they layer more stuff onto the game.

Either way UT is always a monster. I consider UT, Warcraft III, and Max Payne to be pretty much the best built games of all time so I expect great things from Epic and Cliffy B. Hehe.

Best answers
Yeah, I thought it was really cool that they build a the maps on a gameplay level first, and then add all the eye candy afterwards. Shows that they aren't just building the game to showcase their engine. Also, as for it being a resource hog, just check that name again. I don't think it would be too much of a long shot to say that it's going to be coming out somewhere around 2007, and by that time I dare say most peoples rigs will be more than enough to deal with it on decent settings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea... but i dont plan on spending 1500 bucks ona good computer with ram and a graphics card anytime soon... or later

Best answers
It looks great! The UT series consistently impresses with slick graphics, legendary gameplay and bright-as-**** AI. I'd actually like to see them do something BADLY for a change... (No, actually, let's keep the games hawt, okay? :p)

I hope they bring back that razor gun from UT. I can't really remember the name of it, but it shot blades that could decapitate people plus ricochet off walls. I was a pretty fun weapon!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont worry about buying a new machine, as ive said countless times before, if they release a game publicly, its so they can make money. which means it must be playable by the majority, not jsut the super computer owners. if they made it just for super computer owners, they wouldnt get much buisiness...

wasnt that gun the sniper rifle in that game?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, majority of people will just have to play it on low settings. =P

Best answers
The Ripper I think it was called, and yeah, I wanna see it back too X)

But ho-lee-sweet-potatoe does this game look sweet... But now is where I exit and scrounge for money for a new pc X)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to me , it look slike a cross between the source engine and the upgraded version of the d00m3 engine that chronicles of rid**** uses

i hope i'm not still using a 2400+ by 2007 , now that would suck hard

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the shrapnel cannon!

it shot the litle blades that bounced, and it shot grenades!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
to me , it look slike a cross between the source engine and the upgraded version of the d00m3 engine that chronicles of rid**** uses
Rid**** didn't use the Doom3 engine, they designed their own with similar kinds of technology.

I think it looks more like what they WISH Unreal II looked like.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in order to play it as shown in the screenshots, you will need a GeForce FX 6800 or FX 6600SLI, its not that disasterous.

keep in mind this will be released somewhere around the end of 2006, by then these things wont be as special. think of the first doom3 tech video, presented at the introduction of the GeForce3, people were more amazed than we are about unreal engine 3 now.

by the time doom3 came out, weve had several studios who ehm, lets say borrowed the techniques(far cry, halflife2 suddently came up with normal mapping and other shaders) and added a decent gameplay on top of that, rendering doom3 a nice-looks-only game (i think the gameplay was far from worth playing, doom3 just looked nice)

the shaders used are nothing new, ive had techdemos showing these techniques years ago, using HDR, normal mapping, soft shadowing, bloom shader, VDM, and some stuff that escaped my notice, perhaps.

oh and whats this crap about mixed engines?

when a game looks like another, newbies tend to say they used the engine of the game it looks like, or even mixed the engines of games, this is bullsh.. you CANT "mix" engines, ar rather, you could, but it would
1. take a hell lot of time
2. be twice as expensive as you need to buy 2 engine licenses + the full source code(in order to mix them), most developers dont even give this out nodaways.

trust me, you can make VERY different looking games running at the same engine, engine doesnt tell how the game is going to look, it just gives the game other limitations, like some engines are good with large open spaces(cry engine?), and some can have small details(unreal engine 2)
and some live off a 100% normalmapped geometry (doom3, unreal engine 3)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dudeman said:
in order to play it as shown in the screenshots, you will need a GeForce FX 6800 or FX 6600SLI, its not that disasterous.

keep in mind this will be released somewhere around the end of 2006, by then these things wont be as special. think of the first doom3 tech video, presented at the introduction of the GeForce3, people were more amazed than we are about unreal engine 3 now.

by the time doom3 came out, weve had several studios who ehm, lets say borrowed the techniques(far cry, halflife2 suddently came up with normal mapping and other shaders) and added a decent gameplay on top of that, rendering doom3 a nice-looks-only game (i think the gameplay was far from worth playing, doom3 just looked nice)

the shaders used are nothing new, ive had techdemos showing these techniques years ago, using HDR, normal mapping, soft shadowing, bloom shader, VDM, and some stuff that escaped my notice, perhaps.

oh and whats this crap about mixed engines?

when a game looks like another, newbies tend to say they used the engine of the game it looks like, or even mixed the engines of games, this is bullsh.. you CANT "mix" engines, ar rather, you could, but it would
1. take a hell lot of time
2. be twice as expensive as you need to buy 2 engine licenses + the full source code(in order to mix them), most developers dont even give this out nodaways.

trust me, you can make VERY different looking games running at the same engine, engine doesnt tell how the game is going to look, it just gives the game other limitations, like some engines are good with large open spaces(cry engine?), and some can have small details(unreal engine 2)
and some live off a 100% normalmapped geometry (doom3, unreal engine 3)

are you calling me a newbie , shame on you

people tend to say it looks simlar

hehe , i still like pwning in ut2k4 & ut2k3 (i play ut2k3 at lans , 2k3 simply becoz some of them hav crappeh comps that can't run 2k4)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2k3 and 2k4 practically run the same with an exception of the assault and onslaught mode..

2k4 shouldnt be a problem, it even has technical improvements that should make the deathmatch run better than that of 2k3.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
dudeman said:
2k3 and 2k4 practically run the same with an exception of the assault and onslaught mode..

2k4 shouldnt be a problem, it even has technical improvements that should make the deathmatch run better than that of 2k3.
Yep that is true, I own both, they are on the same engine basically, I think 2K4's engine is tweaked a bit, but still it if the pc can run 2K3 it should run 2K4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom