Unpredictable Factors with Stamina

Best answers
I think the more unpredictable you make the game, and the more circumstantial factors you throw into the mix, the more skilled and interesting the game becomes. For example, teleport is one of the few current 'unpredictable' factors this game possesses, since it can be used for a variety of things. It consumes Ki to instantly move yourself to a nearby location. I think implementing more of this would make the game better.

For example:

Using a move to replenish Ki at the expense of Stamina immediately.
*The character could scream and their aura could flicker larger for an instant.

Initiating transformations reduces Stamina immediately (depending on PL to mastery).
*Maybe also make a person with less Stamina able to transform more quickly as a way to promote fighting untrans and creating a progressive fight.

Using a move to immediately stop yourself after being hit, and maybe make a loud boom noise and sprite animation behind them.
*This would be useful for blocking a second hit, or stopping a ki ball from hitting you. Otherwise, it becomes routine.

Curently Stamina works in Ki struggles to give an extra edge.
*That's an unpredictable factor.

Also, maybe have a Taunt, which in effect turns Ki into Stamina. I know Taunting has been considered before, but this gives it purpose.
*If there's concern about spamming, either allow it only after a kill or have a cool down set for it, like every minute.

The idea is... when used correctly, it allows a player to get out of tight spots and turn the tides in the short-term. However, if overused, timed poorly, or predicted constantly, it will make the player weaker as the fight progresses.

------------

This is all assuming Stamina takes awhile to regenerate and has long-term effects in a drawn out fight, such as taking more damage from melee attacks and consuming more Ki to stand.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the more unpredictable you make the game, and the more circumstantial factors you throw into the mix, the more skilled and interesting the game becomes. For example, teleport is one of the few current 'unpredictable' factors this game possesses, since it can be used for a variety of things. It consumes Ki to instantly move yourself to a nearby location. I think implementing more of this would make the game better.

For example:

Using a move to replenish Ki at the expense of Stamina immediately.
*The character could scream and their aura could flicker larger for an instant.

With a full Ki bar in 1 second its not really neeed

Initiating transformations reduces Stamina immediately (depending on PL to mastery).
*Maybe also make a person with less Stamina able to transform more quickly as a way to promote fighting untrans and creating a progressive fight.

Havent really thought of that

Using a move to immediately stop yourself after being hit, and maybe make a loud boom noise and sprite animation behind them.
*This would be useful for blocking a second hit, or stopping a ki ball from hitting you. Otherwise, it becomes routine.

Was discussed before, wait for update

Curently Stamina works in Ki struggles to give an extra edge.
*That's an unpredictable factor.

Not really that unpredictable, but it does give you extra energy to spend if you saved it up

Also, maybe have a Taunt, which in effect turns Ki into Stamina. I know Taunting has been considered before, but this gives it purpose.
*If there's concern about spamming, either allow it only after a kill or have a cool down set for it, like every minute.

Quite honestly. I dont like it. It kinda defeats the pourpouse of having an unaffectable system doesnt it?
Thats about all i have to add ^^

Best answers
What's being defeated here in making the game less restrictive and more open-ended? The purpose of keeping the game predictable and repetitive?

Maybe you could explain what you mean. Thanks.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Stamina is used mostly as a special moives meter. In a way. It refils by itself but the person has very little controll over it.

Im not really sure how much about it i can say with out Dam getting on my ass for "Ruining his updates" but with a recharge rate of 5 per second and 10 per second if you are powering up it refills quite fast.

Best answers
So Stamina is kind of like a Stamina Bar and Rage Bar combined then, and not really two separate things. I wonder how that's going to work out. Sounds like a good idea since it'll create more openings and make a smaller window on recovery. I'm interested to see how it all pans out. It'll be tougher to keep track of the enemy's stamina, that's for sure. Thanks for the reply btw. ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Stamina is kind of like a Stamina Bar and Rage Bar combined then, and not really two separate things. I wonder how that's going to work out. Sounds like a good idea since it'll create more openings and make a smaller window on recovery. I'm interested to see how it all pans out. It'll be tougher to keep track of the enemy's stamina, that's for sure. Thanks for the reply btw. ^_^
Think of it like this. When you have stamina youll be able to do certain things. BUt doing them will cause you to loose stamina. How much stamina you loose will depend on the balancing and how isefull that option actually is.

For examle the PS. You allready know that you can channel stamina into KI while in a PS. Stamina is a limiter for certain unbalanced aspects of the game. Since using up KI would be pointless cause you can recharge it in less than a second. But if you cant recharge it you have to think carefully before using something like that.

Kinda like the SAM bar for melee (check the melee thread). It functions much like it. Just that SAM is a reward system that rewards your actions with bonus points and stamina is just a limiter system that limits the overuse of certain unbalancing aspects of gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom