unnamed gal

Bolteh2

B

this is a quick drawing (bout 15 mins of work) of some new style im trying (american comic style) i did some quick overview sketches of proportions, heads, eyes, noses, lips, ears, posing etc... before i started on this one, i think i got the anatomy and proportions right etc only think that i always mess up are hands and arms, dunno why actually, cant seem to find any good hand tutorial explaining the basics of sketching hands

i was kinda inspired by witchblade (u prolly thought that u have already seen that pic somewhere :p, now u know from where) dont mix up, i was inspired by witchblade, but i did not trace it its 100% own drawing + concept

anyway, buh, meh :p

ps: i know i have shaky hand and that i cant take care of smooth lines :x

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O very nice :D, looks great but needs a few tweeks here and there, heres sum crits:

The chest (not breasts) needs widening a little. the muscles on the arms arent corectly placed, and for an american comic style you want the muscle lines to be a lot softer. The arm on the left needs to be a little wider, and at the moment the hand on the left looks like there isnt enough space for 2 more fingers. Imo the stomach is too long and the hips may be a little wide.... as for the face, i think the nose and mouth are a little out of line, and maybe a little to far down the face. The left side of the neck is a little too angled, smooth it out a little imo, the breasts are good but, they seem to be too... downwards, they should slant a little to the sides.... thats all that i can see....

Here's a GOOD tutorial site that you can find a lot of info on: http://www.geocities.com/silverfox0440/dpixl8/

On that site there is a link that has scans outta sum book, it'll tell you pretty much how to draw in an american style, heres the link if you dont wanna look through it on that tut site: http://melgage.no-ip.org/Pictures/DrawingTutorials/

Well i hope that helps you out, your a good drawer i reckon you should post more of your work

BTW, how did you scan that? because i never can get pencil scans that clean... cud you tell me how? thanx

Bolteh2

B
hey thanks, but ima check out or media-library at school tomorrow, they have amazing anatomy books in there, but that site u gave me is great to, thx m8

oh, and the scan: normal scanner..

just scan with photoshop (import -> scanner) and than i just crank up the contrast, and if there are some small lines left i fix them up with the curves tool

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice work.

1) Hair needs more lines. It looks like she is missing a chunk of hair in some places.

2) Arms and wrists are a bit thin.

3) Left elbow has a weird indentation.

4) Her legs are pointed in an unrealistic way. She could never stand like that. It makes the drawing look a bit odd.

Nice work though!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shes hot!
:) its a really good drawing, but her face is abit wier, cant put my finger on why.......
overall shes a babe, good work m8!

Best answers
quality. the neck is a bit too small and the body seems to be too big for the head

Bolteh2

B

ehm, i think i am better off with male bodies than with female bodies no?

this is a 10 min drawing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<table width="246" height="229" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#FFFFFF" bgcolor="#000000"><tr> <td width="242" height="21" bgcolor="#009900"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good points</font></td></tr><tr><td height="39"><p><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">-The sizes and shapes are right<br>-Damn shes hot!<br></font></p></td></tr><tr><td height="18" bgcolor="#FF0000"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bad points</font></td></tr><tr><td height="34"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">-No bad points i guess</font></td></tr><tr><td height="18" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Overall Rating</font></td></tr><tr><td height="97"><table width="242" height="92" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#000000"><tr><td width="224" height="19"><p><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Colors----------------------------------------------</font></p></td><td width="18"><div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>-</strong></font></div></td></tr><tr><td height="19"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Detail-----------------------------------------------</font></td><td><div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>8</strong></font></div></td></tr><tr><td height="19"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Text-------------------------------------------------</font></td><td><div alig="center"><div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>-</strong></font></div></div></td></tr><tr><td height="19"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originality-----------------------------------------</font></td><td><div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>7</strong></font></div></td></tr><tr><td height="16"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Total------------------------------------------------</font></td><td><div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>7.5</strong></font></div></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
^
the Overall Rating counts for both of em..
good job..

Best answers
WOW very well done. I love the last pic of the girl it;s brilliant :laff: :)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the face on the girl in the first picture more but the second's body seems to be more together. I feel the proportions for the girl are fine but the stomach area of the male needs to be a bit wider for my liking. Besides that its great.

Best answers
you are very talented. these probably the best drawing ive seen on these forums :p

edit:

the db ng is also the best ive seen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lips on the last drawing are a little wierd, but thats probably just the style.

Amazing work man, I love it ^_^

You should try drawing like a army guy or something, that would look awesome ^_^

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you amazing peice of legendary artist...

Best answers
Have her looking at the camera, instead of her looking up. It looks strange.. o_O Overall, nice work. I can't wait to see this thing complete. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom