Unhealthy =\

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment, im very unhealthy, my energy levels are almost always at zero, scince I live a quite a bad life style. I used to be really overweight in school, but when i finished school, somehow I started losing a lot of weight, I didnt really change my lifestyle that much other than walking to my friends and back (scince they live across town) which is roughly about 3 or 4 miles. Recently though, i've been putting weight back on, and I really dont want to, scince life was even more miserable when I was fat, it really damaged my self esteem and confidence. I drink regularly, I smoke, and I only have one good meal a day, rest of the time I eat nothing but crap. I dont think the drinking will change, since its quite casual, but cutting down on smoking is a goal, I intend to stop smoking when they introduce the ban for smoking in pubs and bars, since the most enjoyable time for me to smoke is with a beer in a pub, once that's gone, there's really not any other time that I'll enjoy it. These days, I tend to do nothing much but sit at the computer or go out with my mates, and I think the lack of stamina really makes me apathetic and I just can't stand it any more.

I was thinking, maybe I should start running in the mornings before I go to college, thing is, I'm not sure how much to do, or how much would be beneficial. I was thinking 3 times a week, and try to do a mile. Other than that, I dont really know what to do, I wanna sort out my sleep pattern too (since its completely ****ed, has been for a long time). Has anybody got any advice for me? things I should take into account and such because I really know **** all about keeping fit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yo david go on aim or msn, i can talk to you about it.. im actually studying the medical field atm ^^

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually almost at the same situation as you are...
Only I was always skinny...my waight is rediculesly low for my hight and age but I definatly dont eat right or work out...I always feel lack of energy as well, just cant lift myself up and the truth is I have no idea what to do either...;x

I almost gave up on myself in that area but I'm aware it's very unhealthy...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nothing really strange, take a day, sleep out, eat breakefast and then make a sport/fitness day.... you should feel fine then. be sure to drink meat,milk,vegetables and bread!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pfft, like they'd touch a dbz forum obsessive stoner like me.

I know what you mean SV, its a catch 22 situation :(

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do something like boxing or kick boxing or something that interests you and try and do it twice a week minimum. No point running if you don't enjoy it because you'll just stop after a few times but if you're doing something you enjoy it'll be alot better. Plus find a few things you enjoy doing and alternate regularly should keep you interested in what you're doing and keep you healthy.

FYI : When most people quit smoking they tend to gain weight.

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/weightgain/a/weightgainquit.htm

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I could enjoy running if it didnt destroy my lungs, like It does every time I try, I enjoy walking when I can listen to my music, I figured running wouldnt be that much different. Thats the thing with smoking though, it makes all exercise so much harder I'll definitely need to cut down if I start running =/

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I can suggest is a get a membership at a gym and go there every 2-3 days like I do. I drive a truck and sit on my ass all day pretty much and if I didn't get to the gyms for my workout I would probably be a blob but right now I only weigh 195-200LBS usually somewhere in that area and at the gym I usually use the bike machine and work with the free weights. People say the gym is a waste of money but it keeps you in shape and you have lots of energy to do many other things.

Best answers
Well David,you've made the right move about thinking to change things.
Now 3 times a week is perfect. I don't really know how far your suppose to run. I myself am a Cross Country State Runner :laff:
Ages: 9-10 do 2km
Ages: 11-13 do 3km
Ages: 14-16 do 5km-This is what I do
Ages: 16-18+ do 8km

These is what they do at my school, make ur decision, it would be good to start of slowly, gradually you'll get better at this and take it easy.

I train usually 4 times a week making sure my muscles get there "Free time" aswell.You've made a great decision by changing your ways, keep it up XD
And yes...a girlfriend can keep you active >_> o_O

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, I would actually say try running everyday. I did that for about a month and lost like 20 pounds.

Shortly after I celebrated my loss of 20 pounds by eating 20 pounds worth of food. Not a good idea <_<

Anyways, I lost a good sum of weight running but I stopped and I gained it back. I gotta start running in the morning again. Anyways, I'd say go to a gym. If you wanna gain some muscle it's a great idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds like my lifestyle right now, David. :talk: Do you have blood sugar problems? Those are horrible.

Best answers
The best advice I can give you is to eat less crap.

- Have a decent breakfast (bread, coffie/milk/orangejuice, piece of fruit), a decent lunch (bread, coffie/milk/orangejuice), piece of fruit, some white meat (chicken for example, but basicly anything low fat (like lowfat ham)) and a decent dinner (just watch the greasy stuff here, quite logical that potatoes and chicken are healthier than steak and chips/fries)
- Only eat fruit (or vegies) in between. No cookies, soda, chocolate, ...
- Drink lots of water (2l per day at least), at first you'll be pissing every 3 steps you take, but after a week or 2, your body will get used to it (resulting in less peeing). Water will help you burn stuff faster.
- After dinner (final meal of the day), go for a walk (or run, whatever makes you happy), this will help you burn the stuff you ate during that whole day.

And if you don't believe this works: I lost 22kg that way.

And don't be fooled by people going "omg start doing fitness and bodybuilding". That stuff only makes you fit and bulky, but would hardly change a thing to your weight if you don't watch your food.

PS: beer is one huge fattiemeister. A glass of beer has worse effects on your weight than a glass of cola for example.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks man, I will definately take that into account, makes a lot of sense really, I do drink a lot of coke though :x I really need to stop that, as it is I rarely drink just water, usually tea or juice if not coke.

I would go to a gym if i could afford it =\ but thats not gonna happen... its also good to know I couldnt run as far as a 12 year old :'(

Best answers
You can always do what i did.....get surgery...

actually with it i was put on a liquid diet for 2 weeks with NO alcohol and NO smoking.

you want to quit smoking this is what you do.

Make short term goals for not smoking...a day...a week...whatever you want to start with. From there you just slowly add on a day or what not to when you can't smoke. So you have to go 3 days without a cigarette...on that 4th day you can have one...but then you have to go 4 days....or take it slower...however long it takes as long as you are slowly helping yourself. It is about will power. that or change to cigars and only have mouth cancer

same thing goes for food. If you eat healthy and allow one day of binging...that won't kill you either. It is actually quite good for your metabolism to have a change in dieting so that it can react and pump itself up.

if you want go on aim or msn and message me too, i enjoy talking about this stuff since i have done it all my life

Best answers
To be honest, surgery would be a last resort to me.. If your weight was about to breach the border of endangering your life, then go for a surgery. But if you just think you can spare a few pounds, just start eating healthier.

And about quiting smoking: just quit -_- I never understood how it can be that hard.. I smoked for 3 years, one day I said "**** it" and I quit. Nothing hard about it :/

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're last meal should be like 4 hours before you sleep i hear that's how alot of people put on weight becuase they eat right before they sleep and that food turns into fat so i say don't eat after 10 at all if you're planning on sleeping at 2?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And don't be fooled by people going "omg start doing fitness and bodybuilding". That stuff only makes you fit and bulky, but would hardly change a thing to your weight if you don't watch your food.
Thats why theres different machines for different workouts and what you want to work on and such. So running for instance you can totally control your speed you want to run at exactly and how much of an incline you want which to me is a lot better then trying to find an incline in the city. Plus nothings better then being fit and not having any fear if some guy steps up to you for a fight. ^_^

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Body building? You mean weight lifting? Weight lifting increases your lean muscle mass which in turn boosts your metabolism. You'll have to weight lift a lot on a daily basis if you want to have a bulky appearance, it's not something that can be gained in a few months of weight lifting.

Best answers
Im not sure its a tip.. but when u have a bicycle and u need to use it to get to an appointment... try to leave the house about 5 minutes to late..
so u need to cycle like hell to get on time.. (that im always leavin 5 minutes late is standard for me.. and im (still) in good shape =D)

my height 1.81
my weight 64 kg

I drink/smoke/blow..
and i eat healthy food (but is snack alot to)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom