unhandled win32 exception when using beam attack.

Best answers
the title says it all.

I am certain its something wrong with my computer, any idea on how to fix it?

I'm installing it into half-life (last version before steam, why? cos steam used up all my bandwidth when it was installed).

I'v tried ever videomode/resolution config available (ok not every but quite a few).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update your windows and drivers if you already havn't. With my extremely limited knowledge that's the solution that always works for me when I have a gaming problem. Give it a go.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post your system specs. I can't do much of anything if I don't know what I'm looking at.

Best answers
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz
ATI x700 pro (128mb ram)
1 gig ram
Windows XP home
I also had Visual C++ installed a while back (the error box I get says something about a just-in-time debugger not being found, which was part of visual c++ when it was on the computer).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use Steam. Your system can handle it just fine. Unless you're on 28.8k/s or 56k/s, you should be able to run it merrily.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
Use Steam. Your system can handle it just fine. Unless you're on 28.8k/s or 56k/s, you should be able to run it merrily.
Or he could leave his pc on overnight and let steam download half-life (that's what I did atleast & it was 93% complete buy the time I woke up).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
Or he could leave his pc on overnight and let steam download half-life (that's what I did atleast & it was 93% complete buy the time I woke up).
Wow, it only takes me 30 minutes on average to download Half-Life through Steam.

Best answers
it'll take me about 4 hours.

Anyway, steam didnt fix the problem :(

Could it be my desktop resolution? (1280*1024)

nope same problem.

The crash festers in either 3 ways, one way it just shuts off to the desktop, another time it gives me just-in-time error, and the third is, it gives me a bsod and something about a serious error.

This happens to me in all render modes and every resolution I have tried.

The crash only occurs when one of the laser attacks (or power attacks or whatever they are called) comes into contact with the ground.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say it's either:

1. Your ESF installation.
2. Your video card.
3. Your RAM.

Try re-installing ESF, and tell us how that goes. If that doesn't work, try defragmenting your hard drive, that can cause lock-ups in quite a few situations. Just narrow the possibilities down.

Best answers
already done, its the videocard. It runs on another computer properly (albeit 'properly' is a very distinct term in that it plays without crashing at 12 fps).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow... are you shure you have your updated video drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom