underwater and skybox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got 2 bugs to report, here they are:

The first one was also in 1.2 but NOT in 1.1, when playing a map with water and you swim until the bottom where you get close to the ground underwater it just makes you fall as if there isn't any water there, I don't know the cause of the problem, all I know is that it wasn't in 1.1 ^^

this one, I'm not really sure is fixable but when you're playing any map where you can fly against the skybox if you're intouch with the skybox and then look at the map from a certain view all the brushes in the map dissapear except for models and entities, it can get in your wway sometimes when playing and some ppl use it to find someone on the otherside of the map or someone hiding.

that's all I got, I hope I explained em good enough for yaz!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The first one was also in 1.2 but NOT in 1.1, when playing a map with water and you swim until the bottom where you get close to the ground underwater it just makes you fall as if there isn't any water there, I don't know the cause of the problem, all I know is that it wasn't in 1.1 ^^
Yea, also known bug. Just for some reason, I don't think the mappers figured out why or what it is causing it. I did asked before to KongKong, but I believed he never knew the problem as well. It is a possibility the code itself in the game is causing the problem.

this one, I'm not really sure is fixable but when you're playing any map where you can fly against the skybox if you're intouch with the skybox and then look at the map from a certain view all the brushes in the map dissapear except for models and entities, it can get in your wway sometimes when playing and some ppl use it to find someone on the otherside of the map or someone hiding.
Known bug throughout all the mods when you use third person camera view. I believe you barely get this when using first person view, but I could be wrong as well. I just know It's a camera problem. It's because the camera view goes a little outside the map, which causes for you to mostly see the whole map.

Best answers
Known bug throughout all the mods when you use third person camera view. I believe you barely get this when using first person view, but I could be wrong as well. I just know It's a camera problem. It's because the camera view goes a little outside the map, which causes for you to mostly see the whole map.
This can be easily fixed if the mappers put clip boxes between the level and the skybox (this prevents the player from moving so close to the sky box that the camera goes outside of it). I've suggested that mappers do this but they just brushed my suggestion off with barely any attention payed to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, that actually sounds pretty good, I'll give it a try

Oh and for the underwater thing, it must be the code, because if I remember correctly I made a map once, where going underwater was perfect, but it was pretty long ago, I might have done it on 1.1, now when I try that map on 1.2 it has the same as all the other maps, so I don't know.

Best answers
Oh and for the underwater thing, it must be the code, because if I remember correctly I made a map once, where going underwater was perfect, but it was pretty long ago, I might have done it on 1.1, now when I try that map on 1.2 it has the same as all the other maps, so I don't know.
im not sure but it might be that the water brush is sliced up to fit where it is placed, so instead of it going through ground it rests ontop of it, if the player sizes where as the game was ment for this might not have caused this kind of problem, but maybe cause player models are scaled down their more effected by meshes and other corner cutting techniques.

an easy way to test this is, like i said have a water brush stretch through the ground, and one that is resting on the ground without going through it, if both produce the bug its fualty code(probably from valve not ESF) if its only the "made to fit" one that causes the problem its fualty mapping.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
But the sized down models were in v1.0 / v1.1 as well, and in those versions there were no water problems.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
actually, we have no idea why the water is bugged on the ground.
Its definately not the mappers fault.

Mog

Best answers
I have nearly 150 maps for esf, and all the ones with water in do that as far as i know... :(

But on a few of those maps, you can go right up against the sides/ceiling in 3rd person view and still see everything clearly.
I guess those mappers probably did the technique evirustheslaye mentioned?
It would be better if all the maps were like that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have nearly 150 maps for esf, and all the ones with water in do that as far as i know... :(

But on a few of those maps, you can go right up against the sides/ceiling in 3rd person view and still see everything clearly.
I guess those mappers probably did the technique evirustheslaye mentioned?
It would be better if all the maps were like that.
They all do it and none of them does it.

If you plkay the maps in 1.1 they dont have that error. If you play them in 1.2 they have it.

Its that simple.

Also it seems the sky texture doesnt have the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom