Unable to open ... ?

Best answers
Hello, i have a problem, when i launch the game when its on "verifiyng ressource" the game stop loading , i open the console and i see this :

can you help me ? =) ( sorry for my bad english, im french =O )

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the console can you type in "version" and copy in here what it returns?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about the error message. The sounds are all just warrnings, not actuall errors.

Can you scrool up to see if there is an ERROR message that could cause the warrnings?

Best answers
Ok i go see

---------- Double Post below was added at - 02:21 PM has been merged with this post created - 02:20 PM at ----------

I found this :

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There we have something. FMOD library can not be loaded. Thats whats causing your game to crash.

Just wondering though. Does this allso happen when you switch STEAM to english mode?

Best answers
? i try in english steam mode ?

edit : ah ok =D i lets try in english steam

2°) edit : In english mode, Half life is updating lol, i try esf when the uptade is finish

3°) edit : I have the Same error with the english mode on steam

---------- Double Post below was added at - 07:26 PM has been merged with this post created - 06:54 PM at ----------

I have download the link on the website for open beta 1.3 , and i have download this :

Two patch, maybe the problem is here?

If its this, can you tell me What i can Download ? ( i mean, the openbeta 1.3, but any patch or other thing are release no ? )

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you have the Open Beta Final installer so that shouldnt be it :s

But since i see you ahve Vista. Are you using administrator mode to run STEAM Games? Cause i know at one point Vista was messing badly with STEAM.

Best answers
i use windows 7 ^^ , but i launch the game with administrator mode and the error is always here

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems im out of ideas :s

How about your GFX mode is it set to OpenGL?

Best answers
When i put the OpenGL video format, the "animation" is buged, i got some white line , i use The Logicielle format ( for 1.2.3 ecx rc2 i play on OpenGL because on Logicielle i've got the Error hunk_alloc greater than freehunk" a thing like this )

edit : "how about your GFX mode is it set to opengl ? " i dont understand i think ^^ how to see the number of my GFX mode ?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look in otions video mode and see if it shows openGL if it says d3d then switch it to open gl

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not a number. Its a setting in your options. Under Graphics there should be a setting that says "Visual Mode"

Best answers
not working.............. so i think i go wait the final release, thank you for have trying to help me ^^ bye ( and sorry for my bad english )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom