Unable to install Directx 9.0c

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason, no mater what the installer comes from, im unable to install Directx on my computer. I went to look at the DXError.log and this is what it tells me.
Code:
--------------------
[02/26/06 13:21:53] module: dsetup32(Dec  5 2005), file: setup.cpp, line: 6663, function: CSetup::ExecuteInf

Failed API:		SetupInstallFromInfSection()
    Error:		(5) - Access is denied.

Unable to proceed C:\WINDOWS\System32\DirectX\DX25A.tmp\dsound.inf:[DefaultInstall]. The file may be damaged.

--------------------
[02/26/06 13:21:53] module: dsetup32(Dec  5 2005), file: setup.cpp, line: 6462, function: CSetup::InstallDirectXInfsFromInfSection

Installation of 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DirectX\DX25A.tmp\dsound.inf - [DefaultInstall]' failed.
Anyone know what it means and can help?

Best answers
It's impossible to uninstall DX in anyway, there are however some programs that can do that but I don't think they work with the lastest version of DX. Either that or they install some old outdated version from your windows CD or something.

edit: oooh wait a minute, I have that exact same problem, I can't install any version of directX anymore because of the same error ^^

So, sorry, but now I REALLY can't help you. I figure the only way to get rid of it format + install newest version of directX but im pretty sure that's not what you're looking for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have to activate windows?

That's whats wrong with mine, I just need to install it through FEAR.

either somethings wrong, or you're having an extremage of bad luck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
DirectX 9x cannot be unistalled period.
who said anything about uninstalling? im trying to INSTALL it... but some dsound.inf file wont never copy in the installation.

atleast thats what im asuming though the error anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats weird... I read "unable to install" as "unistall" too. Weird.

Try checking with the people who actually make directX, rather than the people who play HL mods.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bad, I would try installing from another source, you may have a bad copy of the Direct X installer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
My bad, I would try installing from another source, you may have a bad copy of the Direct X installer.
I tried from 6 different sources, three from games other 3 from different online sources

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a pirated copy of windows running on your computer? I have noticed that certain problems may occur if you install from a degrading copy off of a CD-R. Notably, I've seen right clicking interfaces fail to initialize and crash win explorer, and I've seen .NET fail to install or decompress properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom