Ultimate Spider-man

Best answers
Oh man, i so want to buy this game O_O I still have to wait till the weekend tu buy it :/ i cant wait! @_@

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
The exact opposite for me. I absolutely love the races/chases in the game. I also like how they are actually pretty unforgiving most of the time, forcing you to pull out a perfect run to keep up. In fact, I wish there was more of these. I think there the funnest parts of the whole game.

Well, it kind of gets annoying once you do a race 25 times. And since Spiderman says the exact same lines every time, it really gives me a headache. I wouldn't mind if they had some kind of AI that randomly generated a route to the target location.

Oh, and might I add, the last story fight as Venom (don't want to spoil, but you guys know what I am talking about) was awesome. Really long too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're repeating a race 25 times, you suck o_O. Are you playing on hard mode or normal mode? On hard mode, the only race I had to repeat was the one with Elektro.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm playing on Normal, I believe. And yes, the races ARE hard. I have NEVER lost a fight in the game though. But the races... the races!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you're spiderman, stay low and dont hold the webswing button. Keep tapping it and you'll go a lot faster. When you're Venom, stay on the rooftops. You'll cover more distance that way.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, with Spiderman, maneuvering is just a pain, cause the camera is really annoying. I'm also used to the Spiderman 2 way with long-jumping from roof to roof. But meh, I'm done with the game anyway.

As for venom, I generally never stay on the ground. I launch myself as SOON as I hit ground, and I tentazip whenever possible.

Best answers
Ah, finally THE Spider-man game I've been looking forward to all this time :D The reviews sound awesome, the screens look amazing; can't wait till I finally get it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is this game worth $53.50 ish?

hows the replay value/chilling with friends running around town?

is it like true crime, where stuff randomly spawns for me to do?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its available for pc...WINK WINK!!!

Is it like true crime? Its like GTA o.0. Especially as Venom. As Venom, you can kill as many people as you want and the police, special ops, and eventually Nick Fury's boys come after you.

As Spiderman, you can rescue people or fight gangs. At the moment, Im just trying to get some of the suits (Spidey's symbiote suit).

Best answers
Well after playing it for while I think the game is quite repietive :/...city goals->story...city goals->story...especially the city goals get on your nerves after a while. Not to mention my pc monitor brightness and the fps drops aren't doing the game any justice.

Best answers
Goddamn... I watched the Duality video on IGN earlier today, the game looks even better in motion! Spidey's webslinging looked absolutely breathtaking, likewise Venom's destructive capabilities :D

I REALLY can't wait to play it now.

Just one thing.... what's up with this "Venom suit" they were talking about? Does Venom wear a suit in the game instead of the symbiont?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amayirot Akago said:
Goddamn... I watched the Duality video on IGN earlier today, the game looks even better in motion! Spidey's webslinging looked absolutely breathtaking, likewise Venom's destructive capabilities :D

I REALLY can't wait to play it now.

Just one thing.... what's up with this "Venom suit" they were talking about? Does Venom wear a suit in the game instead of the symbiont?
Well, I think I know what it is.

You see, Venom is actually nothing more than black goo which came to Earth after a space exploration mission from NASA. The goop made its way onto Peter Parker when he had to rescue the space explorers as they landed on Earth after their mission. Rhino was sent to kidnap someone/steal something, I don't remember, but that's why Spidey goes in for the rescue. The goop gets all over his suit, but he doesn't know it's a symbiotic lifeform. The goop attaches to his suit, making it all black with white spider markings, it looks pretty cool. It gives him new powers and stuff, but the goop learns and adapts when it uses Spidey as a host, and when it turns on Peter, he has to get rid of it. That's when the goop turns to Peter Parker's rival photographer, who turns him into Venom. He uses what he learned from Spidey to turn him into a Spiderman-type enemy.

So the costume is probably just Spidey with the black goop suit. It looks pretty slick, actually.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, the new Ultimate Spider-man Comics (the ones the game is based on, obviously) have a different Venom story. Apparently, Peter's dad was a scientist, working on this project for a Venom Suit, and he used his own DNA... and some other crap, don't remember.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Well, I think I know what it is.

You see, Venom is actually nothing more than black goo which came to Earth after a space exploration mission from NASA. The goop made its way onto Peter Parker when he had to rescue the space explorers as they landed on Earth after their mission. Rhino was sent to kidnap someone/steal something, I don't remember, but that's why Spidey goes in for the rescue. The goop gets all over his suit, but he doesn't know it's a symbiotic lifeform. The goop attaches to his suit, making it all black with white spider markings, it looks pretty cool. It gives him new powers and stuff, but the goop learns and adapts when it uses Spidey as a host, and when it turns on Peter, he has to get rid of it. That's when the goop turns to Peter Parker's rival photographer, who turns him into Venom. He uses what he learned from Spidey to turn him into a Spiderman-type enemy.

So the costume is probably just Spidey with the black goop suit. It looks pretty slick, actually.
That much I already knew. However, in the clip, they were talking about (as CM said) a special suit created by Peter's dad which was stolen by Eddie.

Sounds a little messed up to me. I preferred the whole symbiont story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did, too. It just seems too much of a coincidence that Peter's father was a scientist working on something that would eventually affect Peter himself as well. The symbiont story was, IMO, more realistic because it wasn't so.. coincidental.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasnt coincidental. Peter actually stole the suit from a lab after finding out his dad was working on it. He wore it for a while, but began to lose control, so he put it back. Eddie Brock (who is Peter's best friend in this alternate spidey universe) finds out about what Peter did and becomes angry. He steals it, but he too is unable to fully control it. Rather than put it back, he keeps it though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf, why would Peter do that?

Angry cus his pops never took him on that fishin' trip when he was 5?

Best answers
I just played the game for the last hour, and I must say I'm impressed. Hell, I'm in awe. This has got to be one of the best comic book games EVER. The controls are tricky at first, but then, nobody's born a Spider-man, right? :) The web-slinging is breathtaking once you get the hang of it. The first race against Johnny Storm took me a few retries :p

Venom's freakin' sweet to play with as well. Whereas everything Spider-man does reflects control and finesse, Venom's just plain ol' brute force. And the bit with the poor kid with the Spidey balloon... :devgrin:

But still, the whole Venom-suit storyline has me peeved. It was originally created as a cure for CANCER? WTF?

Nonetheless, the game truly lives up to its title ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amayirot Akago said:
But still, the whole Venom-suit storyline has me peeved. It was originally created as a cure for CANCER? WTF?

Nonetheless, the game truly lives up to its title ;)
I'll give you a fair warning right now. The Ultimate series of comics are supposed to be a re-invention of our favourite comics for a new generation. AKA, THERE DIFFERENT! So don't be surprised if storylines, or characters are vastly different from there original 616 universe (616 universe = original marvel universe).

I'm just warning ya, cuz people tend to expect everything to be exactly the same, then all of a sudden everything's different. So don't be surprised if your favourite character is now entirely different and you hate him. That's how the Ultimate universe goes.

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I did, too. It just seems too much of a coincidence that Peter's father was a scientist working on something that would eventually affect Peter himself as well. The symbiont story was, IMO, more realistic because it wasn't so.. coincidental.
Also, the story you mentioned wasn't actually the original story either. It was how Venom was explained in the early 90's cartoon show.

(Forgive me if i'm a little off, i'm pulling this out of memory) In the original comics, Spider-man was whisked away to another planet which was part of the major "Secret Wars" crossover that covered many different marvel comics at the time. Long story short, many marvel characters were summoned here to fight by a godlike character by the name of Beyonder. It was on this planet that spidey came in contact with the symbiote suit.

When he returned home, it's pretty much the same as the 90's cartoon, it tried to take him over, and he seperated himself from it with help from Mister Fantastic. The symbiote then came in contact with Eddie who was going to kill himself because he was fired from the Daily Globe (his newspaper place) when he followed a false lead and spidey ended up catching the real criminal, causing Daily Globe to be humiliated.

And finally, to explain the Venom story in the Ultimate universe (Which again, is from memory, so don't shoot me if its a little off). Peter and Brock's fathers were scientists working on a suit to cure cancer. Unfortunately they recieved funding from the wrong company (Trask Industries) and they were preventing them to do the research they needed (maybe they were gonna pull the plug too? Can't remember). Anyways, the two of them were on there way to Trask to cancel the deal when there plane mysteriously crashed and both of them were killed.

This all came to Peter's attention when he found a box of old belongings of his dads in his attic that he was to recieve from his Aunt May. It had several videos, and one of them had Eddie Brock, so Peter decided to look him up for old times sake.

The two of them became friendly again, caught up on old times (Brock was now in university), then Brock showed Peter what he had been working on for a long time. With the help of his Proffessor, Dr. Connors, he was trying to finish Peter's and Brock's father's work, with a sample of the Venom suit Brock's dad left to him. Peter than decided to sneak in at night, take some of the suit, and bring it home with him so he could experiment on it and finish his fathers work. While doing so he accidently spilt some on himself, casuing the symbiote to bond.

And well, i'm pretty sure the game explains the rest, he gets rid of it, tells Eddie what happened, Eddie gets mad and uses it himself, blah blah. But ya, thats how it all started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom