Uhh... why dont they work?!

Best answers
I messed up my back about 2 days ago while weight lifting and it hurts just to stand up and walk. I took some vicodin but it didn't help at all, so i took some bayer.. and STILL didn't help at all. Then i got on the Tylenol-3 and it did nothing. It seems to me that i'm almost impervious to pain-meds lol

Anyways, a lot of you are smart people here. Does anyone know why these meds aren't helping me at all? They have zero affect on me.

(oh, and I know i'm a moron for mixing that many drugs.. but all i'm curious about is why they aren't helping me. Just so everyone knows)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, see a doctor... and rest. For goodness' sake rest.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I messed up my back about 2 days ago while weight lifting and it hurts just to stand up and walk. I took some vicodin but it didn't help at all, so i took some bayer.. and STILL didn't help at all. Then i got on the Tylenol-3 and it did nothing. It seems to me that i'm almost impervious to pain-meds lol

Anyways, a lot of you are smart people here. Does anyone know why these meds aren't helping me at all? They have zero affect on me.

(oh, and I know i'm a moron for mixing that many drugs.. but all i'm curious about is why they aren't helping me. Just so everyone knows)
Pain killers don't always work, the reason for this can be a number of things.

Anyway, you should definitely see your doctor (as stated by Bolteh).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, maybe drugs don't like you. Have you tried asking them why they don't work? That's probably a better idea than asking us. We don't know your body, medical history, etc.

Also, go see your doctor, as stated above. That would also be a better idea than asking us.

Best answers
Go to your local pharmacy and ask them? They might have a idea how to help you. And read the notes on the medicine and see if you find a cause why it has no effect. But best place to ask for help in medication and other health related issues is Hospital, like most of people mentioned already...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get some rest for a couple of days, if you still have any physical pain, go see a doctor. (He will probably tell you that you over strained your muscles or something, maybe even ripped some, and that you will need a lot of bed rest) Don't resort to pain meds right away.

On a side note, did you eat while taking the meds? Some meds just don't work [as good] if you don't eat something with it. It just can't get in your bloodstream that way

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say there's a pretty good chance that none of us here have gone through the proper schooling to answer your question. Ask a physician would be my advice.

Best answers
Yea i thought it was a stupid question.. but it was at least worth a shot. I'll just rest up and keep lifting (not doing my back or legs of course) and i should be fine.

Thanks for at least trying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom