Uhh huh?

Best answers
I could have seen the picture wrong on the front site but I think its off a little. When Saiyans go SSJ they have gold hair and green eyes. It looked like your models had blonde hair and blue eyes. Which is the common misconception in america. I might just be colorblind and your models are in fact gold hair and green eyes, but it just seemed off.

Best answers
suh8lim3 said:
I could have seen the picture wrong on the front site but I think its off a little. When Saiyans go SSJ they have gold hair and green eyes. It looked like your models had blonde hair and blue eyes. Which is the common misconception in america. I might just be colorblind and your models are in fact gold hair and green eyes, but it just seemed off.
They have blue/green eyes. And DBZ is so inconsistent that the hair color and hair and everything even cuts on gohans forehead when hes fighting cell after only a few seconds, change. kthnx

Best answers
Well, youre right about the eyes being blue/green. But in the manga the hair is always golden. Akira even mentions in an interview about all saiyans hair being golden. Big difference between manga and anime.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well iv'e looked up on this before, some people just say the eyes are green and the other half say the eyes are blue, it probably seems that way in their eyes, the eyes always control what colour you can see and such. Sometimes when you look at it close up it looks like Trunks will have blue eyes. SSJ3 has blue eyes (well atleast goku's eyes are blue).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First and foremost, welcome to the forum...

It is fairly widely agreed upon that animation-wise as the forms progress, the hair becomes less "blond/white/yellow" and more "golden/orange/detailed" as the show goes on, as well as the Saiyans themselves allegedly becoming more and more pale. But, part of that color change is due to the animation improving after the frieza saga. THe subsequent sagas, where we see an SSJ->SSJ2 transition, usually show them with lighter hair and eyes in the latter form. (i.e., SSJ1=More orangy hair, SSJ2=paler skin, eyes and hair).

Either way this is a mute point since neither the tv show nor the manga could possibly actually show a shade of gold, as it is animated. Gold...is orangey yellow as far as the animation palette is concerned...and I mean, come on. Isn't that close enough?

And if you've ever played ESF you'd also know that the models are so small relative to their environment that you will almost never see their eyes.

Even disregarding all of that, the simple fact is you can't do real "gold" in the HL engine...same way they could never do "gold" on the animation or the manga.

And, on a personal note...the developers have been making this game for many years now. I don't think they deserve to be told they're doing it wrong; they have made probably 3-4 Gokus over the years and trust me when I say this one is beautifully accurate when compared to the others.

Either way if you are truly upset over the shade of the hair and eye colors...which are technically not even really incorrect...well, it's a very minor thing as far as the overall game is concerned, regardless. Let's just be thankful we got a new Goku model at all (it certainly wasn't a very well advertised change, to be honest...the old Goku, while not great, was serving his purpose well enough that they didn't have to do this...so let's just count our blessings, because it's really a needless cosmetic boost they've done for us here, in order to please us).

Please, let's just give the team the thanks and credit they deserve. Feel free to debate the subject as much as you like--as long as you break no rules you're quite welcome here and can feel free to express your opinions--but just keep in mind that these sorts of threads pretty often start flame wars (which are highly against the rules here).

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're turquois, which is the color that they should be. The yellow aura brings out the green. This would also explain the confusion between blue and green eyes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Raistlin_Majere said:
in my eyes they have a light green colour when he is ssj..
Yeah I agree. In the end of the day. What does it really matter. As long as the model's look great. Which they do >_<

Best answers
The SS hair is actually Gold but thats usually only when they are powering up or if they have their aura turned on, otherwise its a light yellow.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kasey said:
The SS hair is actually Gold but thats usually only when they are powering up or if they have their aura turned on, otherwise its a light yellow.

Depend's on what episode you watch. It was only really the cell game's that the hair was yellow instead of gold.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suh8lim3 said:
Akira even mentions in an interview about all saiyans hair being golden.
Akira also mentions in DBZ that only Saiyans gain powerlevel while fighting. However everyone does in ESF. Welcome to the world of gaming and meeting half way!

Best answers
quote from the official dbz website "Goku is very angry and powers up. His hair turns golden and his eyes turn green...he's now Super Saiyan"

that should end some arguments here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The eyes aren't green, nor are they blue. They're turqoise.

EDIT: Curse you, Sonic! You beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom