UDK reboot

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would it be quicker to drop the current engine and just remake it all in udk?

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
No ....no it would not

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[HR][/HR]

U have to understand the team is very small

[HR][/HR]

Like less than 10 or 15

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Gotcha, I've been following the development for a while now, I totally get that the dudes are definitely doing all they can. I just got to thinking "what if their current engine is making it rougher on them than it could be."

Related to that though. https://www.youtube.com/user/kinnikuchu/about

Would it be weird to ask this guy for help? He mods Budokai Tenkaichi and makes custom models and textures.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The current engine as it stands is the only thing capable of supporting a game like esf. The Unreal Engine is versatile, and the new UDk4 supposedly has tools which make many aspects of development "EASIER" but at this point in development it would more than likely add several more years onto the development cycle.

ESF is a heavily modified engine overly that requires the Half-Life file resources to operate in a very specific way. And if I'm not mistaken, they would need the source code for the engine(which could take years learn the in's and out's of) to even attempt to make ESF work in UDK and I'm not sure if that has been released to the public.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
UE4 Wouldn't make it easier or faster. Sure we might be able to port over maps and models, but the rest of the engine ESF uses(wich except for some rough code structure leftovers and network code), is a custom engine build around and for esf's gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom