Uber Mapper Help

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just wondering , how exactly create a point entity , sorry it it's sounds n00bish , but we were all once n00bs at something

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You click on the entity tool (4th one from the top, under the camera tool), click on one of the 2D viewports, drag it to line up where you want it to appear, and hit enter. It'll be created as the default point entity class you selected in your game configuration. You can change and configure it by selecting it and choosing its properties, like a brush-based entity.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did i do this rite , i needed to set the entity to info_player_start, in the entity report in the map drop down menu

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entity report? You just use that to manage your entities. You can select an entity's properties from the entity report, or you can select the entity, right click on it in a 2D viewport, and click properties, which is what I do. I guess the entity report would help if you can't physically find the entity you're looking for, but they both get you to the same properties window.

Anyway, yeah, just change the entity's class to info_player_start (or whatever starting point entity you need), and the entity will become what you choose. You'll only notice one variable for a starting point entity, which is the pitch yaw and roll. Change those if you want to set the direction the player will be facing when he spawns there (yaw), otherwise just leave it. Close the window and that's set as a spawn location. Just make sure it isn't too close to any brushes, or the player will get "stuck" in a brush when they spawn there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom