typical american winter is gone :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
back to the day in 60's everyone kid had play the snow everyday in the winter, but now it is hardly see any snow now. I havent see the "real "snow in last year(2007) because the temperature is so high all snow torn into rain or sprinkle.(like 50 or something, some time goes to even 70 in december. like in 2004) I guess people in the future will never see the snow again. if global warming still in progress.

PS: I really piss of when those chick talk about global warming, they always said "who needs winter?" I really dont care if they really got kill by the sun burn of their lovely sun light in their lovely beach. winter is american tradition. just imagine thanksgiving, chrismas and new year appears in the summer.....we aint australlian!! we are american!!>< they can live without snow but we cant!

(that's the reason I hate sun, I wish the second Ice age come...it will be awesome!)

PS: I fix it now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could you please retype that so we can understand it?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back in the 60's, there was snow every day in the winter. That's right Lee, from the first day of Winter, December 21st, to March 21st when spring began, there was snow on the ground, and you better believe the kids played in it.

Now, thanks to Global Warming, and quite possibly the Australians, Hellrider hasn't seen real snow in 2007, only fake snow. Which is why he can't wait for the second ice age to come... again? I'm pretty sure there have been at least four major ice ages, maybe the second one wants a do-over. But when it comes, Hellrider will finally be able to grease his sled up once more.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back in the 60's, there was snow every day in the winter. That's right Lee, from the first day of Winter, December 21st, to March 21st when spring began, there was snow on the ground, and you better believe the kids played in it.

Now, thanks to Global Warming, and quite possibly the Australians, Hellrider hasn't seen real snow in 2007, only fake snow. Which is why he can't wait for the second ice age to come... again? I'm pretty sure there have been at least four major ice ages, maybe the second one wants a do-over. But when it comes, Hellrider will finally be able to grease his sled up once more.
I laughed hard. Then I laughed again. When I was done puking from laughter, I laughed one more time.

. . . Second Ice Age again eh?

Kid, I'm 31 years old, you know, back from the 70's when it used to really snow :rolleyes:. Here's something you might not know: We had warm winters 30 years ago too, shocking, but nothing has really changed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i ****ing love you guys :D

new years resolution: to write a book, "Adam Dowling, and the Exploits of the E-Savvy".

to be followed up by "Adam Dowling, World President".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grandpa Cuc is right, just keep praying and maybe the next winter will have some good snow :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

no that's wrong, my dad told me that winter suppose to be in late octorber to early april.(last weeken of october to april 1st easter day.)and mustly the first snow will came up in late october and the temperature always kept under 20 degrees.

and yet this must be the 5th ICE age if it comes....not second

Kid, I'm 31 years old, you know, back from the 70's when it used to really snow :rolleyes:. Here's something you might not know: We had warm winters 30 years ago too, shocking, but nothing has really changed.
when?? but remember that there was the worst winter in history and it all happan in 70's(source: history channel)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah and you know what's funny. I remember last winter, on December 24th getting on an airplane to go to mexico, and the captain cancelling it due to the snow conditions. Then I remember driving 5 miles an our in 4 feet of snow. Then I remember being trapped in a house for 5 days thanks to the snow. Don't tell me that there's no more snow. That was last year. Colorado is now facing the worst winter it's ever seen accumulating more snow that it ever has.

Do us all a favor and go to a place that actually has snow. Thanks

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah and you know what's funny. I remember last winter, on December 24th getting on an airplane to go to mexico, and the captain cancelling it due to the snow conditions. Then I remember driving 5 miles an our in 4 feet of snow. Then I remember being trapped in a house for 5 days thanks to the snow. Don't tell me that there's no more snow. That was last year. Colorado is now facing the worst winter it's ever seen accumulating more snow that it ever has.

Do us all a favor and go to a place that actually has snow. Thanks
thats because you live in mountain area....not everyone like you.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
thats because you live in mountain area....not everyone like you.
According to your location you live in my house so... explain that one.

Just because I live in a mountain region doesn't mean i'm the only place on earth that gets snow. How about Alaska? California? Vermont? The U.S isn't the only place that gets snow. Go to Russia. Or Antartica. Yeah Antartica is a good place. Stay there for a few years. Please.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
According to your location you live in my house so... explain that one.

Just because I live in a mountain region doesn't mean i'm the only place on earth that gets snow. How about Alaska? California? Vermont? The U.S isn't the only place that gets snow. Go to Russia. Or Antartica. Yeah Antartica is a good place. Stay there for a few years. Please.
all I can say is back to the day my town always cover by snow but now it's gone. mountain region always cover by the snow everyone would be aware that also about russia and alaska and antartica, these place are near the pole. if these place hadnt get any snow that means doom of humankind.

sure but one day if colorado never fall snow again you will have the same feeling as I do.

PS: why are people like warming winter???

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when?? but remember that there was the worst winter in history and it all happan in 70's(source: history channel)
Do you know how rare it is to actually have a white christmas? Do you know that just 10 years ago it snowed in April? Stop sitting in Al Gore's pants. Climate change hasn't changed all that much. This year we had snow in Octorber twice, and my area has had three major snow storms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Global warming is happening, and it's affecting our weather. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been living in a commonly cold environment for a long time. I have. Every winter I can remember, temperatures have dropped very low, then less so, varying like that. It was either very cold, or just above zero in winter. Now, everything is between right below zero and right above zero, leaving snow to be slush most of the time.

This year, it only snowed properly twice. When I was a kid, it snowed properly seven times a year.

Temperatures are evening out, a sign of global warming. Rather than extreme highs and extreme lows, we're getting a temperature more or less in the middle, all the time. I want my snow back.

Before you go saying "but I live in a cold environment too!", let me remind you that Norway is on the same longitude as Greenland - winter is supposed to be cold.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Global warming is happening, and it's affecting our weather. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been living in a commonly cold environment for a long time. I have. Every winter I can remember, temperatures have dropped very low, then less so, varying like that. It was either very cold, or just above zero in winter. Now, everything is between right below zero and right above zero, leaving snow to be slush most of the time.

This year, it only snowed properly twice. When I was a kid, it snowed properly seven times a year.

Temperatures are evening out, a sign of global warming. Rather than extreme highs and extreme lows, we're getting a temperature more or less in the middle, all the time. I want my snow back.

Before you go saying "but I live in a cold environment too!", let me remind you that Norway is on the same longitude as Greenland - winter is supposed to be cold.
Yeah cuz...colorado isn't a 'commonly cold' environment.

Global warming is happening but it's so minimal it's tough to even notice. If you seriously think temps have dropped drammatically enough to affect snowing that much in 10 years then you need to start doing math. The temperatures in the last 30 years changed a whole 3 degrees. HOLY CRAP OMFG THATS SO MUCH!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you even know what you're talking about? Colorado isn't even to the north of the US! Norway is on the same longitude as Greenland, where most things are covered by some neat things we call glaciers. They tend to be formed under extreme cold over a long period of time. In fact, they are most known for having covered most of the northern world at some point - during the ice age.

Cosaga, I'm not even going to try explaining your idiocy in stating "only three degrees". Stop skipping science and mathematics - they come in handy.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I live in toronto we've had 3 snow storms in the past month? we've had enough snow here for winter. I'd prefer a warmer winter snow is just a really big pain.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
no that's wrong, my dad told me that winter suppose to be in late octorber to early april.(last weeken of october to april 1st easter day.)and mustly the first snow will came up in late october and the temperature always kept under 20 degrees.

and yet this must be the 5th ICE age if it comes....not second

My dad once told me it used to snow starlight snowflakes on october first in the 60's, or else the local meteorologist was to be executed.

And this was only in North Carolina.

Also my dad can beat up your dad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't had enough snow to shovel all (technically 'last') year, thank God. January-February is usually the heavy hitting months for me now, but I do remember seeing more snow when I was younger. I don't necessarily think that this means the stereotypical winter is "gone". Just because a pattern does not follow perfectly doesn't mean something is wrong when it comes to this kind of weather.

Now, if this continues on into the next decade, then I'd be concerned.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
winter is american tradition.

PS: I fix it now
Just had to laugh at this, I love how you call climate a tradition.

EVERY FRIDAY MY FAMILY SITS INT HE RAIN BUT IT DOESNT RAIN WTF IS UP WITH THAT RAIN IS FAMILY TRADITION

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...he's American, and speaking as if he's talked to people who've been around since the 60's, which I can only assume are relatives unless he's actively looking for middle-aged people. He's probably just extremely young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom