Two Suggestions: Fusion and a way to make Krillin more useful

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, I'd like to point out that both of these suggestions are ones that I've mentioned privately in the past, but I'm posting them here so I can see what the you guys think of them.

This first suggestion is coincidentally something that Davidskiwan similarly suggested years before I brought it up, and is something I promised to post a year or so ago, but never brought it up until now. Basically, what this suggestion is aiming for is to have Fusion put in ESF, but have it work in a different way by making use of the buddy system. It's a quite simple suggestion actually.. there needn't be any real efforts in coding the fusion.

First off, Goten and Trunks will be brand new playable characters, both making use of the buddy system. Both characters will have transformations, and ultimately, will eventually be able to make use of the fusion dance. In the Character Selection Screen, you'll be able to choose to spawn between the two characters. Once you're finally in the game playing as either Goten or Trunks, you'll be able to swap between the characters as much as you'd like.

Once you've spawned and knocked your opponents around some, you will be able to have both characters transform into Super Saiyans. Once you reach Super Saiyan, you'll be able to either fight in that form or in the regular form to reach the next milestone: fusion.

When you reach the next milestone, you'll be able to perform the fusion dance and fuse into Gotenks. After you've fused into Gotenks, it will work like you've selected a new character. Your powerlevel will be reset, you will have access to two transformations and you won't be able to revert back into Goten and Trunks (unless you change back to them through the CSS menu, that is). The transformations will work just like any other character's transformation, once you reach a certain amount of PL, you'll be able to ascend into SSJ1, and eventually SSJ3.

...Either that or have Gotenks a playable character, but I believe that the system above will be more unique and will make more people happier. :)

TL; DR for this suggestion: Put in Goten and Trunks as buddies, have them be able to transform, make the second transformation be the fusion dance, once fused into Gotenks, your new transformation will act much like a fresh, normal character: you won't be able to revert back into your original form, your powerlevel will be reset, and you will have two transformations: Super Saiyan 1 and Super Saiyan 3.

--

Much like the first one, this second suggestion is pretty straight forward... and definitely won't be as long (text wise) as the first one. :p

Basically for this suggestion, we'll be making use of the buddy system to make Krillin a more useful character.

Krillin will work just like Ginyu and Android 18, and will still be able to transform. But instead of having a Mystic transformation, it will be replaced with Unlock Potential.

Krillin will have three buddies, and his buddy system will work much like Android 18's and Ginyu's: you'll need to have to reach a certain amount of powerlevel to unlock the buddies. The first buddy will be Yamcha, the second buddy will be Tien, and the third buddy will be Ciaoutzu.

--

...And that's it. I didn't put much thought into the second suggestion, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Need i remind you that your fusion suggestion (*gasp*) was suggested and accepted back in 2005 when the team OKd project Gotenks. The only condition was finishing Project Tien first which as you very well know... never happened.

Basically your suggestion is the design idea for Project Gotenks. And it was a comunity project cause the team said they will not be making copies of existing characters (Trunks, Goku in this case)

As for Krillin. He would be a nice adition to Project Tiens rouster if it ever happened.

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice dam thats one long ass suggestion

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Need i remind you that your fusion suggestion (*gasp*) was suggested and accepted back in 2005 when the team OKd project Gotenks. The only condition was finishing Project Tien first which as you very well know... never happened.

Basically your suggestion is the design idea for Project Gotenks. And it was a comunity project cause the team said they will not be making copies of existing characters (Trunks, Goku in this case)
Well, I do remember you guys saying that Gotenks could be put ingame if the community did it, but I didn't know how that was how the fusion was supposed to work XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have said it before, and will say again, adding Gotenks trough the use of the buddy system would be really awesome. Though, I would rather 'overpower' Gotenks a bit, and have Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks only for a short period of time. Would make the character a lot more interesting. In fact, he would probably the most interesting character to play with in terms of uniqueness.

As for Krillin. He would be a nice adition to Project Tiens rouster if it ever happened.
Yes well, it's not like that is going to happen now anymore. The problem was, when the community project started, the community itself was already slowly dying out, making progress on the Tien Project go very slow. So people kinda lost interest in making Tien. At this moment, there is not even a modelling community to speak of, so the chance of getting a Tien character before ESF:F is released is pretty much zero.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You never did bother to follow project GotenksTien untill you picked up animating so thats a given ^^;

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krillin could be made good without being in a buddy situation.

Eg: In the anime (against 2nd form freeza) he shoots a kienzan that splits into many kienzan- which is effectively useless in the context of gameplay in esf. One or 2 teles and your out of the spread range completely.

(I beleive this feature got added on account of ravendust posting anime pics as a suggestion)

In the manga however he does not shoot a disk splitting into many disks, but instead shoots 6 or so disks in quick succession.

Now transfer this to esf- you could aim in between each individual disk shot following the teles of a quick moving target in esf. Duh Duh.
You could even give him the regular 1 disk shot as his normal move- then after he "unlocks potential" (which is the truest thing he gets to a trans) right click is a longer charged version with the 6 disks in a row (or whatever a balanced number would be) Oh and guess what- that would also fit in with with how it actually happened too...

He should also be made the primary user of taioken in both forms. Taioken should also be improved (be able to activate it while blocking?)
Goku and Cell should have Taioken only in first form- so that there is more emphisis on Krillins use of the attack and would fit in with his defensive fighting style.

There is so much you could do to fix him without grouping him to those other useless 3 peeps. Besides Krillin is a far more important to dragonball than many many other characters- I'd like him as his own character.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suggestions are good. I wonder if the team actually considers adding fusion to the game though.
Because then they'll have to add Vegetto too(unlockable stuff).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krillin could be made good without being in a buddy situation.

Eg: In the anime (against 2nd form freeza) he shoots a kienzan that splits into many kienzan- which is effectively useless in the context of gameplay in esf. One or 2 teles and your out of the spread range completely.

(I beleive this feature got added on account of ravendust posting anime pics as a suggestion)

In the manga however he does not shoot a disk splitting into many disks, but instead shoots 6 or so disks in quick succession.

Now transfer this to esf- you could aim in between each individual disk shot following the teles of a quick moving target in esf. Duh Duh.
You could even give him the regular 1 disk shot as his normal move- then after he "unlocks potential" (which is the truest thing he gets to a trans) right click is a longer charged version with the 6 disks in a row (or whatever a balanced number would be) Oh and guess what- that would also fit in with with how it actually happened too...

He should also be made the primary user of taioken in both forms. Taioken should also be improved (be able to activate it while blocking?)
Goku and Cell should have Taioken only in first form- so that there is more emphisis on Krillins use of the attack and would fit in with his defensive fighting style.

There is so much you could do to fix him without grouping him to those other useless 3 peeps. Besides Krillin is a far more important to dragonball than many many other characters- I'd like him as his own character.
That sounds pretty good actually, especially with what you said about Kienzan. At the moment, it's just not worth using.. it's a mini frieza disc that you can easily dodge. Not very useful at all. :p

Anyways, I'm just trying to think of ways to make Krillin more useful in ESF, because let's face it, the only time people really used him was to either transform or use him for the sake of choosing a character besides Goku. :)

Suggestions are good. I wonder if the team actually considers adding fusion to the game though.
Because then they'll have to add Vegetto too(unlockable stuff).
Personally, I'm kind of iffy about Vegetto because it's a whole other story when it comes down to his fusion. If the team put in Vegetto, how exactly do you think it'll work? The only option I'm seeing is just choosing him as a playable character.

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm also iffy on vegetto- I think gotenks would be a far smarter option- more unique- encompasses more characters- more moves- more transes- more everything- he's about the only feesable character left to put into the game.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe Vegetto can be added as some sort of hidden character. Let's say if you play with Goku/Vegeta for a long time or reach certain level(hell, something like this, you name it) you are allowed to use this char.
Just sayin'...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe Vegetto can be added as some sort of hidden character. Let's say if you play with Goku/Vegeta for a long time or reach certain level(hell, something like this, you name it) you are allowed to use this char.
Just sayin'...
I don't think that's quite a good idea... :/
But it's certain that if there's Gotenks there must be Vegetto... so wtf? :( Potaras would be hard to code? And also, if you make ANY fusion (gotenks/vegetto) I think it would be best if you simply fuse become gotenks and be gotenks till you change. might be a bit out of the anime, but I think it's good,'specially for vegetto

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't really need potara earrings. When you choose Vegetto a small cinematic comes in and that's all.
But the whole fusion thing is kind of hard to balance. ESF already has lots of characters with transformations.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetto will just cause balance issues and more annoyances. Him being added to ESF isn't really necessary, especially if Gotenks is added to the game, and in my opinion, will just make it seem less unique. The way Gotenks would work would be much more flexible compared to Vegetto.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way Gotenks would work would be much more flexible compared to Vegetto.
That's true. Still both are Dbz fusion chars.
On another hand, we have Ginyu squad but not Vegetto?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does Gotenks and the Ginyu Squad have to do with Vegetto being in ESF, though?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adding Vegetto adds nothing to the game. You'd only be adding Vegetto for the sake of adding a character. Even right now, I still 'worry' that all characters look too much alike in terms of attacks and the like. The only really difference would be transforms and attack power/speed. That's why I think adding Gotenks(with a Goten/Trunks buddy system) would be a good idea, compared to all other characters, he would definitely be the most unique character

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh... disregard my last post, I see what point you're trying to make, Tenzo.

Yeah, I guess it does make sense, but honestly, Vegetto would probably be the least unique character in ESF. As Grega said, he's a total ripoff of Goku and Vegeta, so his moveset would consist of a mixture between Goku and Vegeta's attacks, whereas if we look at Gotenks, he would be one of the most, if not THE most unique character in ESF with the way the Goten and Trunks class would work as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom