Two More Days...

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man if we don't live through this, know that I hated each and every one of you equally, except zeo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prepare for the resonance cascade, there'll be headcrabs and **** flyin outta all kinds of inter galactic portals.
Now that would be ****ing awesome. The LHC is now officially named, Black Mesa. And I am Gordon Freeman: "..."

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As an administrator of this community seriously worried for your safety (yes you reading these very words), I have bonked heads with my colleagues and associates in coming up with action plans that will defuse any attempt by the LHC at CERN to destroy the world.

From the Assistant Fire Chief and member of the medical response team comes this handy reminder about the dangers of singularities, as well as a responsible escape route should such an event occur: Note the location of the event horizon on the evacuation plan and avoid it all costs as you slowly, and calmly exit the forum software. See diagram for details.

In addition, we are moving to counter CERN's LHC with our own particle collision mechanism that will attempt to devide two zeros shot at each other at the speed of light. This will lead to the remote destruction of the LHC, and most other structures on the earth, but we will not become strange matter, burst our false vacccum bubble, create hungry monopoles, or suck the planet into a giant black hole.

Attachments

Last edited:
~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Live webcast - nothing is showing up for me right now, I guess the stream will start 10th September 2008 - 9am CEST.
Hopefully I won't miss anything, as I got to step out at about 11:50pm PST for a about 20-30 mins :(
http://webcast.cern.ch/index.html

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/emergingtech...9486094 said:
Wednesday will see the first attempt to circulate a particle beam around the entire ring, but no attempt will be made to create collisions on this date.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/10/cerns-large-hadron-collider-started-are-we-still-here/

Last edited:
Best answers
I'm looking forward to this. Now if something gets ****ed up...then we'll need... THE FREEMAN!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing bad will happen.....
Stephen Hawking said that the chance that the LHC will create black holes is smaller than 1%.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something already went wrong xD.

Best answers
Something will definitely go wrong. This world is just another cliche story...and then THE FREEMAN enters the picture.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't they do a test at around 12:00 AM?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes they did and as far as i know it was a success!

Best answers
So apparently this will take us to a whole new level...Advanced technology...yay or nay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom