Best answers
OK, i am really getting anoyyed at mapping for esf. Never before have i gotton so many god damn errors! Up untill now, Firearms mod has had my title of "Most pain in the ass mod to
map for", but now, its ESF.

Problem number one, I cant get my hlbsp and hlvis tools to create the .bsp and .pts files.

Exert from my compile:
** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nick-\desktop\esf_arena.bsp" "C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\esf_arena.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nick-\desktop\esf_arena.pts" "C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\esf_arena.pts"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

See?

Problem number two, Why are there so many god damn unknown entities?

Exert from compile (Small portion, about 1/10 of the total):

Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 2: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 3: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-960, 1024, 448), texture CHAOS-01
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 4: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-960, 1024, 448), texture CHAOS-01
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-960, 1024, 448), texture CHAOS-01
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 5: plane with no normal]

Thats the two major problems im having here, and cant figure out.

Oh yeah, and while im at it, can anyone tell me how to fix the "AllocBlock: Full" error that comes up when loading a map in game?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its right infront of you and you dont see it :p

look at the error:

Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 2: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 0, Brush 11, Side 3: plane with no normal

see? it says brush 11

go to map>go to brush number and put in 11

but to fix this problem, hit ALT+P to bring up all errors in map...best to try to fix them all by hitting fix button or remaking the brush the problem is on

Best answers
no erros found. Mabye its because its flat..... argh i never got this problem before!! What about the other prob?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just delete brush 11 and remake it. If it was vertex manipulated, then edit it so its not in the same position.

Best answers
no i figured it out, it was becasue it was totally flat, nothing on iether end, just FLAT. i made it like a atom bigger and it works now :-D :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom