Two Deathmatch/Free-For-All Suggestions

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not my goal to allow people to completely avoid most damage by spamming a more powerful teleport when they are in a dire situation. Nor, am I trying to make it impossible for people to use beams. (even though they are almost outlawed at this point) I just want to improve the deathmatch/free-for-all experience, so servers can fill up and people can play any way they want to. As of right now, I see this game more of a casual duel and/or sloppy deathmatch experience. I don't care how pretty (it's hella pretty right now) or smooth (wtb trailer/teaser of normal to charged swoop mechanics) you make the gaming experience, if the basic competitive aspect within the game has a monolithic dichotomy (split base) nothing is going to change. I am one of the people who want the ability to see the whole battlefield as they are engaging it. But, the game basically forces you to expose your defenses indefinately, in the hopes of a bleak offensive.

I did some searching and there doesn't seem to be any other thread that really went into the depth I'm looking for.

Basically, I realize that many suggestions aren't being considered at this point. But, I was considering how certain situations in 1.2.3 are about recovery and backing off to gather yourself. Also, a major problem in deathmatches are people taking advantage of beams from a distance, against to other players who are engaging in melee.

If this was suggested before and I've overlooked it, I apologize.

1. Charged Teleport (Instant Transmission): Let's say you've been knocked back and are low on stamina (possibly HP as well) and you need to escape, but swooping or smaller teleports would just leave you open to more abuse. (quick swoops, generic beams or signature beams) So, instead of just tapping a key to teleport, you hold it for at least a few seconds and get an animation queue letting you know to release, or have just holding it lead to the lengthier teleport, and have no repeat effect from holding they key occur. You could also hold it while stuck in a headon, and get the benefit as soon as you exit. I'm not sure how you guys would see the cost value or penalties involved from such an extravagent manuever.

2. Ki Sense (Warning): Let's say you are fighting someone, getting a lot of headons and easily deflect each other's generic ki blasts and beams. It's a fast-paced fight, that requires a lot of focus and willpower. *POPSPLATBLARGH* As one of you exits yet another headon, you or the other player is directly hit by a fully charged beam (generic or signature) and is killed. What could possibly help or completely remove cheap beam-tactics, a warning system. You could call it "Ki Sense" and it would act as any other warning system you see in certain other games. Your screen could flash abrubtly, and/or a color scheme could be attached to the level of beam hurling at you. Or, there could be a small rectangular arrow that appears on the side of your screen. Obviously, it's appearance in correlation with the direction a beam is hurling at you. As far as a sound effect for either the flash or the arrows, it could be similar to what you hear in most flight simulator games, but maybe add some Bruce Faulconer synth/opera funkyness to it.

:smile:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Allready in (no automatic after headon though)

2.) Allready planned

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i fail to see the point in the first one. I mean any pro can just teleport over to you in a matter of seconds anyway.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the fully charged teleport does drain you of your entire KI pool and even some stamina. Though values have not been tweaked yet.

You do have to remember that if you dont aim directly youll wind up quite a distance from your target since the minor offset turns into a big one at great distance. Giving the terget just enough time to recharge and collect themselves.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Variable teleport is a great control, but difficult to master offensively, like Grega said, the offsets can work against you. Bots on the other hand ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom