Twilight Princess Review Causing Outrage

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, Gamespot gave TP an 8.8, and the backlash was ridiculous. While it has calmed down by now, at least on Gamefaqs, the fans flew off the handle, as can be seen here.

Now, I'm not here to say whether or not I disagree with their score, I havn't played the game. Rather, why do people get so pissed about some arbitrary number a website gives a game? If Gamespot were to change the score to a 9.0 to shut everyone up, would it make the game magically better? If you like the game and enjoy the game, who cares what Jeff from Gamespot said.

I think Bully deserved more than a 8.9 from IGN, but the fact that they scored it as such didn't make the game any less fun for me.

Anyone that actually has Twilight Princess have any thoughts?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Twilight Princess' tale will take somewhere around 40 hours to complete. That's a long time, especially for an action adventure game.

.....nuff said but yeh i want some reviews =)
im inspired and i dont think gamespot did a good rating. so prove me dat!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless. The 8.8 was this reviewers opinion of a game. And just because a larger part of a fan base disagrees with that opinion, is no reason to attack him as a person, and say things like "Ignore this review, he's just a fat ass."

Best answers
Hmmm,I dunno....I've seen so many trailers on YouTube and so far the game is fantastic,the graphics are over the roof and everything.But hey..like you said Prime...thats the reviewers point of you,everyone has their own gamming "types"

-GuZzie

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, Anyone that actually has Twilight Princess have any thoughts?
Yes, and it is by far one of the greatest games ever made. I actually really love the controls for the Slingshot / Bow and Arrow, it adds a lot to the game [Sword controls are ok].

When I read reviews, I generally do not buy any game rated under a 9.0 because I have very little money to spend on games. It would be fine if he really thought the game deserved an 8.8 and listed valid reasons, but the reasons he gave were, well, horrible. He actually contradicted himself throughout the review. Honestly, from how good Zelda already is, I doubt that there is anything Nintendo could have done to get the score above an 9.0 from Jeff. It's like he was struggling to justify an 8.8 score so he came up with minor issues that don't interfere with gameplay at all. Judging from the review, his biggest complaint is that they didn't reinvent the entire series. If that's why the game got under a 9, then why only hold Zelda to that standard? Why not rate San Andreas under a 9? The same thing goes for just about every sequel out there.

It's just one review you say? Ok, but it shouldn't happen at all. His expectations were utterly absurd.

About attacking Jeff as a person, that shouldn't happen. I was disgusted going into the gamespot forum, people were insulting him left and right. Criticizing the review is one thing, but anyone that insults Jeff as a person about this review needs a reality check.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who freaking cares what the review said, as long as we get to play the ****ing game who gives a crap?

It's not like if Zelda gets a bad review the game automatically sucks.

Optimus Prime said:
but the fact that they scored it as such didn't make the game any less fun for me.
:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im actually looking for homemade vids or homemaden screenshots or else new latly. maybe a fanpage with loads of stuff.

Ive googled a few but all with old stuff.

some know good ones? please linky me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Game Critics are opinionated. Sometimes in pockets.

Honestly... The fans that made the uproar will be getting the game, and probably loving it. Money will still be spent and made, and all these reviews will do is downplay the hype.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The outraged masses are probably all people who are going to buy the game, regardless of the reviews. I mean if you're going to flip out that much about a single, simple review like it was an insult to your family's honor or something, you're a pretty dedicated... well... loser fanboy.

It's some pretty weird stuff. I'd like to see the psychological reasoning as to why so many people would just be so horribly offended over something that is of very little consequence to them at all. That singular review, big-name as it was, is obviously going to do nothing to stifle the sales of Zelda: TP, which is a HUGE NAME itself.

Best answers
I didn't realise a reviewers opinion affected so many peoples lives. If anyone bases their game purchases on a reviewer, then you deserve what you get, putting your faith into someone elses opinion. Don't complain that he was wrong, it's what he thought.

Yeesh, it's such a non-issue it's ridiculous.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, ytmnd

The game looks great, and I'll see for myself when I get a Wii eventually.

But seriously, **** those Zelda nerds. I forgot where .2 points meant the world with one review site. They are right though! Everyone needs to think this game is EXTREMELY good. "Great" and "very good" will not cut it, oh no. Even if some of the claims were fake, that was way too much activity in general for a .2 difference.

Radical Fanboys are the craziest of peoples!

Best answers
i never listen to gamespots scores, the actually review is usually decent but i find their scores to be incongruent with the review and my experience. That being said, the score i'd give the game righ tnow might very well be 10/10 so far i am enjoying it more than ocarana of time(and i liked that game a lot). Its not quite as good as link to the past but very close.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't like gamespot, then go to IGN, they gave it a 9.5, and their video review was less nit picky. The game looks pimp, im a huge Legend of Zelda fan, so when I get a Wii, that will be the first game in my library.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I see a game I'm interested in, anything upwards of 7.5 will be enough for me. I was interested in Red Steel... but it got a horrible review. I believe somewhere around 5 or 6. So I won't be picking that up.

That should be the mindset of the fans, in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ppl respect the gamespot name highly, and when someone who represents that company put a score that deviated so strongly from the many fan's own mind sets and opinions, there was a conflict in the fan's resolves that they lashed out with disapproval of that rating

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Twilight princess is one of the best games ever made, I highly recommend it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** those Zelda nerds.
**** you.

@topic. I don't care what that guy says, it's a zelda title.

It will rock hardcore regardless of what anyone says.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warren, that was neither called for nor provoked. I'm pretty sure Chakra-X was referring to the people who were getting all huffy and puffy over the review and attacking the reviewer and Gamespot. He wasn't targeting everyone who has ever enjoyed Zelda, because honestly, who hasn't?

Warning for flaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning for flaming.
gosh, nothing against chakra but didnt he flamed aswell? he talked to much more people in the same way. *hides*

owell, Wii comes out in europe on december, as twilight one day befor ma bday xD

i hope my parents will let me buy this! 0/ Zelda ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom