Twilight Princess, GC or Wii version?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey all,

I'm a LoZ fan and after completing Ocarina of Time through Wii's virtual console and I am considering getting Twilight Princess. However, I'm not certain whether to go for the GC version or the Wii.

The Wii version has the advantage of being more flexible in movement, motion control and it doesn't slow down. However, I'm a lefty and I'm not sure how much it would impact gameplay. The GC is cheaper too.

I'm thinking towards the Wii version but I'd like a little advice.

Thanks in advance ^^.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never played the GCN version, but I loved the Wii controls. As far as I know, you'd still be able to play as a lefty. Not exactly sure, though.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless it will actually cause you a legitimate amount of grief to have a right-handed Link while you're a lefty, I'd say go with the Wii version.

The GCN version does, admittedly, have the advantage of being very familiar (in terms of controls) for those of us who've played through Wind Waker or the OoT re-releases for the GCN. It also may or may not be easier to pull off some of the special techniques you learn later on with a GCN control - I wouldn't know, as I've never played the GCN version.

The Wii version, on the other hand, might not have immediately familiar controls, but is quite approachable and easy to master after playing for just a little bit. It also has the tremendous advantage of allowing you to aim your ranged weapons (bow, boomerang, etc.) with incredible accuracy (which removes headaches that analog-stick aiming would cause for several pesky enemies and/or bosses).

So I guess it's your call, in the end. You can pay a touch more and use the Wii/waggle control method, with the bonus of having a way of aiming your ranged weapons that doesn't suck terribly (that's right; analog-aiming, especially in shooters, sucks big time. I'm looking especially at you, Halo series). Alternately, you can pay a touch less and have something of a more familiar control scheme, the traditionally left-handed Link, but the nuisance of analog-stick aiming.

Either way, I think you'll really enjoy your purchase :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the wiimotes. They're awesome for a lot of the games like wiisports, the Wii Mario Kart game, and such. But I personally wouldn't want to play games like TP with them. The aiming is the only benefit I'd see for them. Maj has pretty much outlined the Pros and Cons of each, so it's not like I'd need to go there, but I favour the GCN version.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might as well go with the Wii version. I really hope I won't poke Zelda's eye out by accident!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing you've played wind waker yeah?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing you've played wind waker yeah?
Actually, no I haven't :). The Link in my avatar and sig are due to SSB:B's Toon Link.

It's decided! The Wii version it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom