Twilight Princess.................Delayed!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is it sad? You should be glad! The longer it takes = more content.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Miyamoto

I think thats a good quote. It doesn't always apply to every game, but we know it can apply to Zelda. This delay is gonna add maybe 4 more dungeons or so.

Gamestop called me and said its going to be released sometime after March. So we pretty much have to wait one more full year.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The original Zelda 64, as has already been said, was pushed back thrice and it turned out to be one of the greatest games of all time; personally I'd rather wait. My gamecube isn't going anywhere. :)

Best answers
And so it begins.....this is where nintendo's master plan begins to take back the gaming industry. There messing with people heads right now with no rev info, and delaying zelda will send the fanboys on a rampage. The nintendo suck chants will rise to new heights, and the xbox360 will sell like crazy without zelda as competition this holiday season. Then 10 months from now, out of the mist they will make the biggest comback in gaming history, or either they will flop. I think this is a double edge sword they just pulled delaying this game. But with their profits it probally won't affect them much.

It sucks that it was delayed though, i really wanted to play it this year, but if their improving the game, where's the harm in that right?.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
die nintendo fanboys! bwa ha ha ha ha! play budokai tenkaichi until then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
While I agree with playing Tenkaichi (and throw in KH2 and Mario Kart DS and Shadow the Hedgehog)....that was very very rude.

Now apologise to nintendo fans. ;(

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Logan289 said:
that quote is true, with the exception of Half Life 2 :p

anyways, it sucks. bleh.

oh well, not like I'm in a super rush to buy the game..would like it sooner though. :(

Best answers
Bleh, this sucks. I was really looking forward to playing it. Hope my enthusiasm can last another year, but I somewhat doubt it. If it's released anywhere near the same time as PS3 then Nintendo can burn in hell ;/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yus! This gives me some time to save up enough money to buy a gamecube.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There could be worse announcements made, imo. I'd probably be upset if I heard that Twilight Princess was moved to the Revolution (I still don't know if I'll be buying any next-gen consoles...so, that'd be bad). However, I don't think a delay is really going to hurt things. People will still own GCN's next year, and those who have Revolutions (if they are out by then), will also be able to play it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
That was uncalled for, i've noticed your behaviour in other threads too and this post crossed a line. Have a warning for spamming and trying to instigate a console war :warning:

Miyamoto said:
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
It's true. The games are delayed for a reason, more content, less bugs, it's a good thing. I think Half-Life 2 is a good example of that.

Best answers
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

QUICKLY LAUNCH THE GUNDAMS!!!!!!! WE MUST NOT LET THIS EVIL TAKE PLACE!!!!!!!!!

*looks for a Gundam*

Nintendo just lost 1000000000 reputation points from me.

Best answers
That sucks. Now I have to wait longer. They shoulndt even have announced that the game was going to come out in the first place. They should have announced that it would be coming out when it was a week before the release. THen everyone would wait for a week then get it instead of waiting for years.

Best answers
That sucks but i guess it won't be a total loss . now they can make it better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
That sucks. Now I have to wait longer. They shoulndt even have announced that the game was going to come out in the first place. They should have announced that it would be coming out when it was a week before the release. THen everyone would wait for a week then get it instead of waiting for years.
And then they wouldn't have any fanbase and they would probly be closed down because they didn't have the fan base to support their producers investments and the game wouldn't sell because no one would know it was out unless they were looking exactly for it.

But, I don't really see the big problem. It's only a game, you've been waiting much longer for esf, this won't be such a stretch.

Best answers
Delayed....................................whats this strange feeling?ooah.......................ooooh aaahhhh!....................must destroy everything!!!

well my tv is broken for now anyway... :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
Like Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc?

There is no doubt in my mind that this next Zelda will be incredible.

However, saying, that just because they'll spend more time on it, doesn't mean it will get (much) better.

Best answers
Duke Nukem Forever
Ahem, as a 3drealms fan boy, I'll stick up for them :D
Since when did you last play DNF to judge whether it was worth the wait or not.

While I agree that not all games that have delays and long development times turn out good, it will obviously turn out better than what it would if they'd released it at the originally planned date.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
Ahem, as a 3drealms fan boy, I'll stick up for them :D
Since when did you last play DNF to judge whether it was worth the wait or not.

While I agree that not all games that have delays and long development times turn out good, it will obviously turn out better than what it would if they'd released it at the originally planned date.
To my knowledge, Duke Nukem Forever has yet to be released. They've been at it for a very long time now, and as a result, the game will most likely run on an outdated engine. It will most likely not be all that it could have been. It might also posess outdated gameplay. That does not make it a bad game, per se, but it makes it less worthwhile than what it could have been.

Anyway: I believe Nintendo will do its best to ensure Twilight Princess is most excellent. However, looking at this from a purely logical standpoint, saying that them taking more time on the game does not logically mean the game will be better. That's all I'm saying. :3

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
They've been at it for a very long time now, and as a result, the game will most likely run on an outdated engine. It will most likely not be all that it could have been. It might also posess outdated gameplay. That does not make it a bad game, per se, but it makes it less worthwhile than what it could have been.
Don't want to get too off topic, but as I said, I'm a 3dr fan boy :D
3dr have stated that when DNF is released, it should have graphics comparable to other modern games. In case you didn't know (most people don't), DNF was restarted from almost scratch around 3 years ago which is the main reason for the long development time. 3dr weren't happy with where they were going, so apart from concept stuff, they cut everything. As for outdated gameplay, 3dr are going for a lot of interactivity. Something that 3dr were way ahead of their time with in DN3D. I wouldn't underestimate 3dr when it comes to gameplay ;)

Anyway: I believe Nintendo will do its best to ensure Twilight Princess is most excellent. However, looking at this from a purely logical standpoint, saying that them taking more time on the game does not logically mean the game will be better. That's all I'm saying. :3
Unless they do something pretty messed up, it's hard to make the game worse with the longer development time. It just gives them extra time to polish what they have, or add extra content they feel the game needs. Whether the extra development time will be worth it in the end is another question of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom