tweaking smo and azn's models = ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i mean absolutely no disrespect at all, i want you to understand that, but just as an example, if i, or any newbie modeler asked people not to edit our models and they did, would you ban them?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr Smo said:
ure av has the gohans body on it, if you dont remove it im going 2 get you banned \o/ have a nice day.
edited out the name ^_^ anyway, i dunno how far smo would go to ensure that his request gets enforced. but he asked us not to edit it, and show it. or edit it for personal use but, you know how that goes.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt youd get banned but you would get warned no doubt, and repeat offenses (3 warnings to be exact=ban),

so the only way you could get banned for it is if you already have 2 warnings, or get in trouble for it 3 seperate times, still its not a nice thing to do when he asks you not to

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah right ok...so as long as its specifically asked that no one edits a model, then they could technically be under the same rules as goes by smo/azn's models right?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, all models here edited and posted without permission falls under the same rule as smo/azns gohan, you dont have to declare it

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its just that.. these two guys have repeatedly asked people not to edit their models.. and these two guys are very talented.. its just a shame that other people cant make things themselves.. at least try to learn.. you know? I dont jack other peoples animations and say hey.. look what I made.. I borrow ideas and improve upon it..

just because you suck now.. it dont mean you cant practice to get better

Best answers
o, so animations are still rips too? So I've been ripping? *gasp* I'm a monster! It's time I learned how to make a skel in ms3d.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well...i think if ur just gonna put ur model in game, then using the skel that comes in the game is ok right??

anywho...ive never edited anyones model, i never will, if i cant make something myself then ill keep trying untill i can. and yes those two are talented, so are a lot of people. i do agree that ripping is wrong, i believe that people should have the right to say "thats all mine...no ones touched it". but i think realistically, no one will ever be able to do that, cos there will always be some know it all newb who will come along with a re-skin and say wooo yeah i totally improved the origional...which is kinda like insulting the origional maker themselves.

i guess what im saying is that the point of this thread isnt to say its wrong for them to ask no one to edit, or that people should/shouldnt be banned for it. i was just wandering if smo/azn are getting preferential treatment from all us other...um..."pure" artists.

and yes i know i reffered to other people as newbs when i still am one...
my bad. sorry

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
if people break rules after all the times that I and other people have asked for people not 2 edit their models, why shouldnt they be punished? This thread was a good way of gettng peoples attention and if it were upto me - everyone who edited a mdel after the creater stated so many times that they didnt want it edited, then some one goes and edits it - I would ban them :p, but its not upto me, i have no power here :I

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aww dude, i wish i had half ur ability...and respect. people really look up to you arround here, its just the minority that dont. im almost certain only a small percentage of the forum would dissapear if the rule was "no editing. period"

but still, im gonna keep modeling, and hope to god no one edits my models... i mean, it would be a personal insult to me, and i would take it personally thinking..hay...what im doing isnt good enough...right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah he cant be my president because he's meh daddy. And if anyone edits his model ill chop yo ballz off and hand it to ya patnah!

"bleh why do i even bother. someone is going to do it anywayz. just put it ina spot where its noticable that they will be banned on the spot for editing/showing the models. and others in the future."

off-topic: and cj get jur butt online. i wanna play teh game wit joo

Best answers
MP said:
edited out the name ^_^ anyway, i dunno how far smo would go to ensure that his request gets enforced. but he asked us not to edit it, and show it. or edit it for personal use but, you know how that goes.
If someone edits a model, then loads it for personal use, how can you punish them? ;/

Couldn't some guide lines for model use and creation be made up? That way it's set in stone, instead of an unwritten rule.

Putting up a few threads with ban threats wont do much when most visitors don't even use the search feature. Threats in general usually don't work. :laff:

Best answers
Mr Smo said:
if people break rules after all the times that I and other people have asked for people not 2 edit their models, why shouldnt they be punished? This thread was a good way of gettng peoples attention and if it were upto me - everyone who edited a mdel after the creater stated so many times that they didnt want it edited, then some one goes and edits it - I would ban them :p, but its not upto me, i have no power here :I

LOL SMO we would have no community. :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom