Tweaked Blocking

Best answers
I think you should be able to move while blocking..
Now i can see the objections coming, but stick with me for a moment..

Ever had some guy spamming generic beams or non stop ki balls at you..?
I think it's kinda frustrating that i have to stand in one place to swat them away.. why shouldn't you be able to keep moving towards the enemy while deflecting his shots..?

This is how it would work..
If you choose to block and move, you while move at 50% normal speed..
Also, you will be 50% (something like that) weaker.. meaning you will have enough strenght to swat away weaker attacks away while moving (like ki balls and generic beams), but you will enter a blockstruggle faster if the attack is too strong.. (attacks you would have easily swatted away when not moving..)

Same goes for melee, being melee'd head on when moving and blocking would create chance (based on powerlevels since the 50% penalty) of the opponent breaking through your block and start the auto-punching sequence..

This would prevent this being abused too much..
Also, if the attack is WAY too strong, and you'd normally just enter the block struggle, there should be a disadvantage to starting to block the blast while moving.... perhaps being pushed back a certain distance without being able to push back..

Maybe the idea could use a lil' tweaking, but i REALLY think being able to move while blocking would improve gameplay, and make people actually use blocking a lil' more often instead of just teleporting away..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well acualy melee is the point of the game and beam spaming is not to welcome on servers but for ki blasts target and swoop to hit the guy shoting them there is about 40% chance that you wont get hit even if you do its normaly just 1 or 2 so i say its usseless for this game
besides if it was in teleport would become less used

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I like the idea except for the movement penalty. I dont' recall in the show anyone being slower while blocking.

I've got a few tweaks that might help.
  • When you start moving, your block stance changes to a somewhat ready stance for swating things away
  • You can't fire any attacks (Of course. :laff: )
  • Generic Beams, balls, and ki balls, would be swatted away instantly, if either the opponent has equal power, or is weaker.
  • KI is drained after each attack is deflected.
  • Stronger attacks like kamehameha and final flash would happen as follows:
    • Huge KI drain when this happens.
    • Huge knockback (10 meters)
    • Then instant stop for about 2 seconds
    • Blockstruggle then begins.
  • Melee would work like he said (I can't think of any other way. ;/)

Best answers
Grega said:
well acualy melee is the point of the game and beam spaming is not to welcome on servers but for ki blasts target and swoop to hit the guy shoting them there is about 40% chance that you wont get hit even if you do its normaly just 1 or 2 so i say its usseless for this game
besides if it was in teleport would become less used
Melee AND beams are the whole point of the game.

And um, yeah, I always wanted movement while you were blocking. I dunno, maybe like, half the power while blocking and moving?

Best answers
Culex said:
And um, yeah, I always wanted movement while you were blocking. I dunno, maybe like, half the power while blocking and moving?
Uhm.. glad you like the idea.. and uh.. isn't half the power like exactly what i said..? Pay attention.. :tired: ;)

Krazy Killa.. moving slower while blocking would have to be in.. otherwise, why block and ~not~ move?? You can see when an opponent powers up a really big beam most of the time, and stop moving (and/or blocking)..
People would be flying around and block all the time..
The point is that if the blocker needs more time to fly toward the attacker, the attacker gets a chance to power up a big beam, forcing the defender to either stop moving or take action..
This way it wouldn't get spammed/abused too much, and would add to gameplay nonetheless.. at least in my opinion..

Maybe not losing any speed while doing it could be a skill the transformed classes have.. like when you are SSJ 2 or something.. but only while moving, not swooping.. Imagine a much stronger opponent than you, just swooping around all the time while blocking.. :S

And Grega.. what are you talking about..?
Of course melee and beams are the most important things in the game.. :rolleyes:
Only thing i'm saying is that you should be able to defend against it too..
If you are such a skilled player you ~are able to~ totally outmanuever your opponent, it should be ~possible~ too.. (sounds kinda funny, but you know what i mean.. o_o )
Of course the 2 ki balls that will hit you won't be a disaster, but if you are good enough to avoid em.. why not?

Best answers
I never said you didn't say that, now did I? I was just saying that that was a good part of the idea. But I dunno, 50% slower seems a bit TOO slow, I mean, do you see how slow they move now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom