Tutorial

Best answers
I think it is good to create In-Game Tutorial for beginners...it is very cool :cool:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause lots of people are to stupid to even get waht the manual is saying.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That, and they're too retarded to search.

Best answers
Hehe, kind of like a DBZ version of the Hazard Course.

I smell something involving a Single Player! :O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, kind of like a DBZ version of the Hazard Course.

I smell something involving a Single Player! :O
No single player.

At most a littel tutorial with a bot helper. But no single player.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, a tutorial will be implemented. For the sake of posting, though, here's how it should work
- Place a tutorial button on the start menu. Clicking it would start a single player game in esf_cell_games. Text would pop up welcoming the person to esf and telling them the controls of the game, as well as the basic functions (ie: how to melee, walljump, etc).

So a box will show up telling the player how to recharge. The player recharges, and another box shows up congratulating the player. This new box will then tell the player how to perform a swoop. The player performs a swoop, and another box appears, congratulating the player, and telling him how to etc.

After the person gets through all the actions, a bot should be implemented on the easiest difficulty level with a text box saying something like "now lets try what you've just learned". The player fights the bot, if he wins, a menu comes up asking him whether he wants to up the difficultly level of the bot or play the bot again. If he loses, everyones health goes back to full and he tries again, with text encouraging him to try again and reminding him that he can start the tutorial over if he likes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom