Tutorial level

Best answers
While perusing some of the other posts in another section of the boards, it comes up that ESF has a large learning curve. While it's easy to try and simplify the control methods, this is still not going to teach everyone how to play.

My idea is as thus: A tutorial level. Basically, just a nice map that teaches players how to play (kind of like the HL tutorial). Perhaps implement a special gameplay mode called "training mode" which allows the localhost herself to join, but rejects external ip addresses.

And cover the aspects of the game, from basic movement controls, to how to swoop, how to chain swoop, teleportation, beam jumping, etc.

Could definitely increase interest in the mod.

Best answers
it would be a nice feature. i remember my first time playing. i was going WTF... WTF...WTF... how do i transform lol.

you could put it on a north kai planet level, or a roshi island level. or if you wanted to do it extreme even make another model of goku when he was little and set it as if it was in dragon ball

Best answers
Ahhh,great idea. Like a tutorial level huh. You start of with Gohan[Default]...and you have a Bot-[Piccolo] teaching you the basics. Just to make the tutorial a bit more realistic and interesting. I like it ^.^

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something like this is already in production. I won't get into more detail than that, but rest assured there will be some sort of in-game mechanic which will help beginners learn.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sugestet this from a long time the same thing (tu much budokai 3)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's a great idea and it makes me very happy to hear that this is in production, funny that I never thought of this, I'd love to try out the tutorial.

Best answers
Well, if such a feature is in production, it would seem most prudent to merely close the thread. No need to post on it, if it's already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom