Turning off swoop aura

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't think there is, as far as i know. The only way to actually "turn it off" is by changing the swoop aura model with another "empty" file that replaces the aura.

Best answers
I don't think it is wise to do that, as in most games removing sprites so you can see is considered in exploit (**most**). I don't know how that kinda stuff is treated around here though.

Anyways, if you truly wanna do that, do exactly what Sky said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But that would look weird, won't it?
Just seeing your guy flying there with no aura, I think the aura makes the characters look MUCH cooler when swooping.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. it's not an exploit, if that were true, then all the sprites and models etc on esf-world are all exploits.

2. Yeah you just need to change it to something clear. And have it named what ever the swoop aura is named. And bingo, you're golden.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No Problem, glad i could help out. Also, perhaps he wants to remove it because he wants it without? Perhaps it looks better for him?, Who knows.. Besides, perhaps i should do the same thing, might increase my FPS a bit :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
With one of those commands you can use 1, 2 or 3 for more info :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to point out that swooping without an aura looks better imo. However, you can never tell when anyone has an aura on or not. I wish there was a way to disable auras for swooping but keep them on for everything else they're used for.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, its rather easy to see who is swooping or not, even though if the client side has the aura file changed. For one the swooping sound, and secondly you will see him/her swooping to you fast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can tell when they're swooping, but I can't tell when they have their aura 'on' in general (when it actually matters, as they have the power/speed boost).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I can tell when they're swooping, but I can't tell when they have their aura 'on' in general (when it actually matters, as they have the power/speed boost).
True, but i highly doubt thats needed. I don't really care whenever people uses turbo or not, mostly i can hear that on the turbo sound. Besides, i'll just keep the turbo anyway. I see no point of changing the turbo file with an empty one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom