Turn Grandma into a Diamond =D!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that woulld be kinda cool, then you could pass the ring down form generation to generation.

"Wow what kind of stone is that?"
"My grandmother..."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know...It would encourage killing someone just so you can make a diamond out of them :S

But it would be cool, like some epic story: "This diamond is made from the ashes of your deceased bloodline. You must learn how to harness the power of your ancestors my son"

:p

Best answers
very intresting... so if u donate teh ashes do u still have to pay the 2,700 - 20,000??? cause that seems pretty expensive for a "rock"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting find!

It sure has a more sentimental feel than just wearing a piece of jewelery that belonged to said loved one, though it's a little eerie knowing you're wearing transformed (albeit very heavily) matter of their very body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, how bored do you have to be to find out you can make your own grandma into a ring.

Best answers
Man, that would be the most ackward conversation.

Bob: Oh my god! Look at my ring! This is pure zirconium!
Joe: Oh ya?! Well mine's 100 % Grandmother!
Bob: :0! I wish my grandma was dead so I can burn her body into a diamond
Joe: /laugh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant imagine how expensive that would be. The reason they go through all the trouble of mining diamonds in the first place is that its cheaper than making them. Now, think of the price mark-up on ordinary mined diamonds and try to imagine how many mortgages youll need to take on the house and your children to jewelify grandma.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Talk about your family jewels...
:laff: now why did it take so long for someone to say that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Talk about your family jewels...
lol

This is way better than an urn (which will at some point get knocked over). If you're ok with cremation then I think it's a great idea.

Yahoo News said:
The two-and-a-half-year-old company has recently partnered with another firm which makes solar-powered video screens that can be mounted on a tombstone and play a 5 to 10 minute tribute.
*cough* Serenity *cough*

Best answers
If the person that is going to be cremated and turned into jewlery accepts and is ok with it then it can be a good idea. I'm not sure I'd want to, but I probably wont care much what happens to my ashes after dying.

"In the field of death care, when someone says I'm really excited about this, I think we've achieved what we wanted to do which is change the culture of death."
It's lovely that people can accept death more but "Changed the culture of death?" Into what? Materialism?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayna said:
It's lovely that people can accept death more but "Changed the culture of death?" Into what? Materialism?
Lol, Qft

hmmmm, is it me? or wudnt you feel kinda weird if people start wearing jewelery that is their deceased loved ones? personally i find it a bit creepy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Lol, Qft

hmmmm, is it me? or wudnt you feel kinda weird if people start wearing jewelery that is their deceased loved ones? personally i find it a bit creepy.
Yeah no ****. I'd look at the ring/necklace/ whatever it is. And be like *shudder* just knowing that used to be old, wrinkly...and other...stuff >.>

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Qft=?

Davidskiwan said:
It is a bit creepy, people will probably start talking to the pieces of jewlery and having a loved one made into a ring or a necklace won't have helped them get over it at all.
But it is people's choice to decide weither they want they're bodies made into a shiny rock or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Was that movie any good?
If you've seen Firefly; yes, if not then it's decidedly average. I fall into the first category :yes:

Rayna said:
Quoted for truth. As in, a general agreeance.

As for the materialism comment, I agree that it is materialistic, but that's why I think it's a good idea. You can, in an admittedly unorthodox way, continue to appreciate them when they're dead. I mean some people think cremation is weird, I imagine they'd have a field day with this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I cant imagine how expensive that would be. The reason they go through all the trouble of mining diamonds in the first place is that its cheaper than making them...
err actually the reason why they mine for them is that the "self" made diamonds don't have the same quality as the natural ones do.

Well i might consider to be turned into a diamond after my death. I mean how col is it to be immortalised like that? But i sure wouldn't want to be sold or anything >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom