Turbo & SAM

Best answers
Along the lines of a few other recent threads, where Non-Turbo is a Defensive stance, Turbo is Neutral, and Charged Turbo is Offensive, the SAM bar could be designed around this.

Since SAM is a Special Moves meter which only has offensive moves on it, from my understanding, then linking Turbo to it seems like a good idea.

If you don't have Turbo enabled, you can't use SAM. Thus if you're low on stamina, you won't be able to use those moves.

The effectiveness of SAM would relate to how much you've charged Turbo. The more charged it is, the more damage it deals. Since a charged Turbo is more difficult to maintain, this allows counter-balancing, where the power may be increased in proportion to the difficulty.

With Ki Attacks, using Turbo and SAM would allow more Maximum Ki to be pumped into an attack, making it stronger. Using Charged Turbo and SAM would allow both the Max Ki into Ki Attacks from Turbo, as well as Ki to be charged into it faster. This would result in Quick Beams, which are more powerful and take less time to charge. Turbo has the same damage potential, but takes longer to charge.

In a struggle, charged Turbo would start out more effective but diminish over time. There would be less Ki available to fight back with as well. The advantage is getting the jump on the struggle, or potentially catching the other player off guard. Or if the other player fires a Max charged beam attack, this would allow him time to use a quick beam and hold it off long enough to respond.

Open for discussion!

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That right there goes against what the SAM system is all about.

Besides you start with 0 points and if you die you go back to 0 points. A bonus should be treeted as a bonus. No other complications.

Best answers
That right there goes against what the SAM system is all about.

Besides you start with 0 points and if you die you go back to 0 points. A bonus should be treeted as a bonus. No other complications.
What's the SAM system all about then?

It does start at zero, just like Turbo starts at its lowest strength. Both requires charging and building up to its maximum potential. That's one reason why I think they go well together conceptually.

On top of this, to take the idea a step further now, SAM could only increase when you have Turbo on. If you turn it off, it goes back to zero, or it begins to drain.

What do you think about that?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the SAM system all about then?

It does start at zero, just like Turbo starts at its lowest strength. Both requires charging and building up to its maximum potential. That's one reason why I think they go well together conceptually.

On top of this, to take the idea a step further now, SAM could only increase when you have Turbo on. If you turn it off, it goes back to zero, or it begins to drain.

What do you think about that?
If we do that no new player would ever be able to use a SAM attack. Turbo and SAM are 2 different things. And right now im not allowed to explain the details since i have a feeling Damaera would kill me if i ruined his future news update.

Best answers
If we do that no new player would ever be able to use a SAM attack. Turbo and SAM are 2 different things. And right now im not allowed to explain the details since i have a feeling Damaera would kill me if i ruined his future news update.
Yeah that's true. If noobs relied on not using Turbo to learn the game, then they couldn't use SAM...

But chances are they wouldn't know how to use it anyway right? o_o

Just a thought for now I suppose.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's true. If noobs relied on not using Turbo to learn the game, then they couldn't use SAM...

But chances are they wouldn't know how to use it anyway right? o_o

Just a thought for now I suppose.
Ingame tutorial. Should cover it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And right now im not allowed to explain the details since i have a feeling Damaera would kill me if i ruined his future news update.
^____^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG! Dam is planning an update?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG! Dam is planning an update?
Possible or not possible. In any case details about the SAM system have yet to be revealed.

Meaning hell break some necks if someone besides him does it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flip tables, cut some people, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom