Turbo mode adjustments

Best answers
I don't know if this has been brought up already and I can't see the design docs cos the links are broken... But I have a few suggestions for some tweaks to turbo mode.

First off I think it'd be worth adding a short delay before you go into turbo mode, in the series the characters usually clench their fists then about 1/4 of a second later they get their aura. It'd be useful to have that short delay because it means if someone stops to power up they'd be open a fraction of a second longer and be vulnerable to attack. I'm not yet another n00b asking to make the pro's seem weaker though, I just think it'd be a nice feature and make the game a bit more interesting.

But to counter that, it'd be good if there were two kinds of swoop, one where you do it from standing in normal mode and end up in normal mode and one where you go into turbo mode, swoop and then stay in turbo mode at the end. Obviously you'd go faster and burn more energy if you were in turbo mode though.

So really I'm asking whether you think it'd be a good idea to have turbo mode not switch off at the end of a swoop but take a very short amount of time to switch on when you press the corresponding button.

What do you think?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally don't see the need for it as I'm use to turbo as it is, unless maybe you were transformed or turbo offered a bug increase in your pl then I guess that would give a chance for a weaker player to hit that opponent should the player time his move corretly and pull it off.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thew swoop already puts you owt with turbo on if you start it with turbo. As for the idea itself. As i remember the design documents. It was said that there will be chargable turbo. Meaning you can charge it for a bigger PL boost.

Best answers
Grega said:
Thew swoop already puts you owt with turbo on if you start it with turbo.
Sorry I've just realised what I've dont, what I meant is that if you start in turbo mode and then swoop, then you could stay in turbo mode but if you swoop while not in turbo mode you don't get the aura and when you end the swoop you stay in normal mode.

I've just realised what I said in the previous post, it wasn't what I was thinking... *editted*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom