• I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HE'S DEAD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, just like Notorious B.I.G, Big L, Freaky Tah, and Jam Master Jay. 2Pac has gone on to better places or better things...

...if that was his destiny.

Lid

L
Hey guys I just heard there's a new DBZ live action movie starring Kurt Cobain and the bullet riddled corpse of JFK being shot in Roswell, New Mexico. Confirm/Deny?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. Was a nice deviation from the:

"Yee-uh. We in da club. B****es and hoes. Bicardi and 8-ball. Yee-uh. Livin' the thug life from mah mansion."

That's about 90% of all rap I hear... all about the same ****, but said in different ways.

Bolteh2

B
the fgt is dead, get over it

the only good input for the musicbuisness was his death

/me hopes for some guy to murder the whole rap community

Best answers
yeah he´s coming back with a smashed head.if you want to see pics of his autopsy go to rotten.com

Best answers
Hitokiri said:

"Yee-uh. We in da club. B****es and hoes. Bicardi and 8-ball. Yee-uh. Livin' the thug life from mah mansion."

That's about 90% of all rap I hear... all about the same ****, but said in different ways.
Than you obviously dont here very much of it. When you actually go out and buy some of there CD's and listen to other tracks that arent a Hit on the radio, MTV or watever, then comment about how much percentage of rap you hear.And if you really think that 90% of rap is all the same stuff said in diffrent ways, then tell me what other music gerne that you know that says compltely diffrent things in everyone of there songs, that isnt similar in anyway to any other songs released in there gerne.

the only good input for the musicbuisness was his death

/me hopes for some guy to murder the whole rap community
Yes, and hopefully someone will murder you along the way :) .

Best answers
Rap is Crap as far as I'm concerned. I've heard more than enough of it to make that assumption, and no one can tell me different. That may sound extremely ignorant, but from all the rap I've heard, so does rap in general. I don't care about the *****es and hoes, I want something I can jam to. Shove your rap, give me lyrics that are sung so that you can understand them, not going at like 60 wpm.

As for Tupac, I stand by my previous statement. Hes dead, leave him alone.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hitokiri said:

That usually isn't it Rap, that Hip-Hop most of the time, and if it's rap it's main stream.

"Some say n****z is hard headed cause we love to trick
Equipped with game so we bang wit this thuggish ****
I see you trying to hide
Hoping that nobody don't notice
You must always remember you still a member of the hopeless
See ya black like me
So you snap like me
When these devils try to plot
Trap our young black seeds
Look it
Cops are just as crooked as the n****s they chasin'
Lookin' for role models
Our father figures is bases
Some say they expect Illuminati take my body to sleep
N****s at the party with they shotties
Just as rowdy as me
Before I flee computer chips
I gotta deal wit brothas flippin
I don't see no devils bleedin'
Only black blood drippin
We can change
Whatcha now say?
I'm watchin *****z work their lives out without pay (huh)
Whatever it takes to switch places wit the bustas on top
I'm bustin' shots make the world stop
They don't give a f*** about us"

2Pac feat. Outlawz - They Don't Give a F*** About Us

Nothin' about bi***es or hoes, or clubs... I bet most of you guys have never even bothered to hear out an entire album of a Rap Artists

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, the point of this thread is not whether you like rap or not, it's whether you believe Tupac Shakur faked his death. That's why I'm letting you know that if you people continue to argue and spam off-topic about your opinions on rap... I shall have this thread closed faster than Twista exhales 20 bars.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh It Aint Very Well Done But Uh, Rest In Peace Tupac.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
Than you obviously dont here very much of it. When you actually go out and buy some of there CD's and listen to other tracks that arent a Hit on the radio, MTV or watever, then comment about how much percentage of rap you hear.And if you really think that 90% of rap is all the same stuff said in diffrent ways, then tell me what other music gerne that you know that says compltely diffrent things in everyone of there songs, that isnt similar in anyway to any other songs released in there gerne.
Why would we go buy CDs if all of the music on the radio is the same? I have to disagree with you. Tupac's rap was a little different than most of it but from my experience, and I've listened to a fair number of CDs from miscelanious rap artists, the themes are the same. It's either money, *****es, killing somebody, or being famous. Of course the female artists don't tend to rap about *****es and hoes as much, nor killing each other, it tends to be more love or sex oriented...

Tupac is dead, has been dead. People have come up with boatloads of theories about him coming back but I'd say he's got about as much chance as elvis. I liked his work, people miss him, but he isn't coming back.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's dead...

Dead persons can't come back to life. And in tupac's case, i hope there won't be an exception.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Why would we go buy CDs if all of the music on the radio is the same?
Not all of the music on the radio is the same. If more people who claim that rap is a gerne with no talented artist bought there albums more and listen to there full CDs as well as everyone of the rappers words in there " lyrics " instead of turning it to BET for 10 mins thinking off hand that they gathered enough of information through the lyrics of the number #1 hit songs to judge the whole hip-hop culture, then maybe most of them wouldnt think that way.

Im fully aware of the fact that you said that you bought a fair number of CD's from miscelanious artist, but have u bought any recent ones released anytime after the year 2000?? if so then you would know that not all of the themes are the same. Hell i could say the rock gerne has the same themes. Which is about a bunch men and women who had a pretty messed up life growing up, or had bad experinces with there parents or Girlfriends or in high school or watever that lead them to write about it. That souds very similar to the hip-hop gerne too me, so it seems like its directed more towards the actual culture of it then the gerne itself. The fact is, i can respect someones oppion not liking rap, but to say that its crap and the artist have no talent whatsoever is just ignorant, and no im not saying u said that SB or im not saying that u claim to hate rap, im just getting my point across.

Rap is Crap as far as I'm concerned. I've heard more than enough of it to make that assumption, and no one can tell me different. That may sound extremely ignorant, but from all the rap I've heard, so does rap in general. I don't care about the *****es and hoes, I want something I can jam to. Shove your rap, give me lyrics that are sung so that you can understand them, not going at like 60 wpm.

Well the fact that u cant comprhend 60 per min is more of a personal issue so leave it at that.

Just because a style of music doesn't fit YOUR description of good, doesn't mean it ISN'T ACTUALLY GOOD.

For example, I don't like country music. All the songs sound the same to me, all the artists sound exactly the same, and you know the stereotypes about country lyrical content. This is how i view country music. However, you won't catch me bashing it. Just because it doesn't do anything for me, doesn't qualify it as worthless.

Also, you have to understand, not all music is aimed to accomplish the same thing. To say that Pink Floyd's The Final Cut has the same aim as The Basement Jaxx' Kish Kash, is obviously psychotic. If you like deep, thoughtful, introspective, progressive rock, I say more power to you. Tool, NIN, etc are actually some of my favorite groups.

However, to bash a style of music that, in general, is NOT meant to be deep, thoughtful, etc, for not being those things, is again, psychotic. It's like bashing a Corvette for not having the safety rating of a minivan. They're obviously not designed to be the same thing.

I'm a DJ. My passion in music lies in house music. You will not get me for a second to disagree with saying that most dance music sounds similar, moreso to those without the desire to see what there is to LIKE about the genre. There is a certain... groove... to the music i like. It seems to move on its own. It's like watching a river. I don't know how to describe it. It's a feeling.

Look, 90% of rock is for your head. 90% of rap is for your feet (and booty, as it were).

If you're not into songs for the feet, you're not going to get into rap.

Don't get bent out of shape and start bashing stuff. Just realise that rap doesn't really do anything for you, but it's fans like it and are justified in doing so.

The bottom line is, you can't really say you love music, while discounting a certain genre as "crap". There is SO much good music out there. Literally TRILLIONS of songs, by BILLIONS of artists.

Take it from a guy who, looking at my CD collection on the wall (alphabetical, of course), i see Daft Punk, Disturbed, DJ Dan, Dave Matthews, Deftones, Def Leppard, The Doors.

Open your eyes. The radio only takes you so far.

Ontopic: This tupac thing has been going on for a long time now, he's pretty much dead, and if he is alive then good for him.

Best answers
Before I start, I'm quite well aware that I'll probably get smacked with a warning for this, since its 'off-topic', and I will make no effort to bring it on-topic. Its a total response to a post in the thread itself.

Just because a style of music doesn't fit YOUR description of good, doesn't mean it ISN'T ACTUALLY GOOD.
Since anything I post is MY OPINION, when I say "Rap is Crap", that translates into: Rap is Crap in my opinion. I don't care if "Isn't actually good", nothing is actually good. Its all a matter of preference. I posted my preference. Leave my preference alone -_-.

For example, I don't like country music. All the songs sound the same to me, all the artists sound exactly the same, and you know the stereotypes about country lyrical content. This is how i view country music. However, you won't catch me bashing it. Just because it doesn't do anything for me, doesn't qualify it as worthless.
I hate country too. Its a bunch of fairies that stand around tapping their feet wearing a goofy hat. Thats my opinion. I can "bash" any sort of music all day long, it dosn't matter. Anyone that sees me doing it will either agree or disagree, and they have that option. However, you don't have the option to tell me *not* to bash rap, since that is only experssing my views on rap.

If you like deep, thoughtful, introspective, progressive rock, I say more power to you.
Good man, something I agree with. Completely off topic, but I still agree =P

However, to bash a style of music that, in general, is NOT meant to be deep, thoughtful, etc, for not being those things, is again, psychotic. It's like bashing a Corvette for not having the safety rating of a minivan. They're obviously not designed to be the same thing.
True, but when I bashed Rap, I also bashed "what its for". I know its not going to be the music I'm into, and I can respect that, but I don't like what rap is, or what it "does" perse.

The bottom line is, you can't really say you love music, while discounting a certain genre as "crap". There is SO much good music out there. Literally TRILLIONS of songs, by BILLIONS of artists.
I never said I love music. I don't. I just like to listen to certian, paticular types of music for entertainment purposes. I'm not a DJ, never will be. Don't wanna be. I'm not that far into music, I never wanted to get in very far. What I listen to suits me, and I pick up a few new songs if I hear something I like.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Tupac is dead. I personally would disregard any theory that stated otherwise unless they could give me a good solid basis, which I doubt as of this moment.

(Yea, ok, I tried to put some on-topic stuff at the end. So sue me :p)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I said this thread wasn't about criticizing rap, but your generalizing rap as if it doesn't have different forms, then turn around and recognize that rock has different forms.

I've listened to rap songs that didn't have one curse word, didn't disrespect women, and left you with a good reflection of thought. The beat was just as good as anything the rap "industry" could produce.

If anything, you learned a lesson from what happened to 2pac and the Notorious B.I.G.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said there weren't talented rappers or that there wasn't rap that didn't disrespect women, I just said the vast majority of rap can be generalized with a few words (and they aren't kind words). Tupac's rap wasn't "generic" so he doesn't fit into that. If you specifically listen to rap that differs from the norm your opinion on rap as a genre is twisted a bit. Sure, not all rap is the same, but the majority of rap that gets put on the radio is what most people listen to (otherwise it wouldn't be on the radio), and out of that, it's mostly generic stuff as described by hito and myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom