Trunks's Pre-Punch for 1.3

Best answers
I know I suggested this a VERY VERY long time ago, but here I go again, hopefully you will like it this time. My idea is that, since most characters are going to get a unique pre-punch, hense this picture:

I was thinking, for Trunk's pre-punch, maybe you could make him use his sword to keep slashing someone till you decide to go into the arrow system in advanced melee. Then, he could have his sword out ready for punches in advanced melee, if he kicks he just holds his sword in one of his hands and does the kick. Anyway, does anyone like the idea for Trunks to slash his opponent during his pre-punch instead of punching?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
pre-slashing... I like it. But I think that it would make his pre punch incredibly strong and most people will just swoop into you and go for 12 pre punches instead of basic melee or even advanced melee.

I think its better if he just gets it for his basic melee, his blue (medium) and red (strong) advanced melee punches.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or not

No lower than 20 health insta gib. That's bad.

No making the sword do more damange. That's also bad.

Let's keep it at, if you're going to use the sword, fine, but make it the same as if he was punching. Damage wise.

Best answers
That's what I meant, I didn't mean for the "Pre-Slashing" to do more damage...I meant for his pre-punch to look cool, not do more damage because it's a sword. It should be the same anount of damage for everyones pre-punch, including Trunks.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
mmm... pre-slashing without the bad side...

I think its good. Maybe make him punch the guy a few times and after the say about 6 punches take out his sword and really lay it down. I think that'll look pretty cool

But I do think trunks should have some sort of melee advantage since he was the major melee guy in the series. Ah well, the team know what they're doing, I'll leave it up to them.

Best answers
Actually, most guys were equal in melee on the series, the only real things you can say a character was, is a beam character. Now this idea is just meant to make Trunk's pre-punch look cooler, and make it so there will be another unique pre-punch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
That's what I meant, I didn't mean for the "Pre-Slashing" to do more damage...I meant for his pre-punch to look cool, not do more damage because it's a sword. It should be the same anount of damage for everyones pre-punch, including Trunks.
Actually now that I think about it... why does it have to be prepunching? Trunks could slash.

Goku could do a few kicks, and punch combos. That'd be cool. Hell, who said it had to be just punches and kicks?

You could have them really move around a bit while waiting to input combos. Like, they could tele places. I dunno, but it sounds cool.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Why does it have to be prepunching? Trunks could slash.
That's basically what this topic is about...He slashes his opponent 12 times like in the normal pre-punch, it doesn't look like pre-punch since he uses his sword, but it still is pre-punch.

Fire Phoenix said:
Goku could do a few kicks, and punch combos. That'd be cool. Hell, who said it had to be just punches and kicks?
I actually like the sound of the few kicks and punches mixed in combos, why don't you go suggest that? Yeah, I like the sound of that, please go suggest that :D.

Fire Phoenix said:
You could have them really move around a bit while waiting to input combos. Like, they could tele places. I dunno, but it sounds cool.
Can you evaluate on the "moving around" part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom