Trunks vs. Vegeta

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a fight that I've wanted to see (though of course, that's never going to happen). A fight between Trunks (the one from the future) and his father Vegeta. This fight would take place after Cell was defeated by Gohan, so with that in mind, Trunks and Vegeta would be on equal grounds in terms of transformations. Trunks knows that going "USSJ" or whatever would be pointless, as so does Vegeta. So, who do you think will win, and why?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta.

Supposedly Trunks and Vegeta were only using "SS" during the Cell Games [in the manga]. I don't know what Toriyama was doing, anyway.

Vegeta was probably slightly stronger than "ASS / USS" Trunks, and he had a lot more combat experience. Vegeta may toy around with Trunks and leave himself open to attack, but ultimately Vegeta would win.

I am still convinced Vegeta would win in any situation. Trunks wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, and he proved so by using a faulty transformation (should've been common sense for any "Ki fighter")--I didn't find anything remarkable about his fighting abilities, just that he had a lot of power.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks doesn't even fight unless he has too, therefore he skills would probably never progress, and he had no one to train with in the future because everyone was killed.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say trunks because Vegeta will be to proud and let himself open to an attack because he wont belive trunks will attack like he did when he fight Imperfect Cell after rosat

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say trunks because Vegeta will be to proud and let himself open to an attack because he wont belive trunks will attack like he did when he fight Imperfect Cell after rosat
A one on one is different than what you saw happen; Vegeta wanted his way and he didn't expect Trunks to take it so harshly. Vegeta didn't believe Trunks would fire the blast, so he didn't move, and it actually didn't damage him much at all. Later, Vegeta kicks "ASS / USS" Trunks around, and blasts him into rocks as if he wasn't trying at all. And the fact was, Vegeta [in "ASS / USS"] wasn't taking any of the fights during that time seriously... that is of course until Cell reached his Perfect form, Vegeta had to use his maximum power. While, on the other hand, Trunks was obviously "powering up to maximum in ASS / USS" when he was attacking Semi-Perfect Cell--and when Cell became complete Trunks's punches and kicks didn't make him flinch at all; then minutes later Vegeta punches Cell and he goes sliding in the dirt. So, I'd say Vegeta's power in "ASS / USS" is a bit larger than Trunks'.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"powering up to maximum in ASS / USS"
lol, they powered up their "ASS" powers... lol... I now know why nobody ever says ASS when referring to a USSJ... lol...

As for the fight, Vegeta would probably win. He has the most experience, and is viewed as a brilliant fighter by the others (namely, Piccolo). Whereas Trunks didn't even realize that bulky muscles means slower speed (in most cases, that is), and transformations consume vast amounts of energy. Vegeta realizes little things like this, and takes them into consideration while he fights. Whereas Trunks doesn't have the experience to know stuff like that, and so he'd probably get his ass (lol, I said "ass") pounded into the ground.

God, I feel 12 years old again, discussing DBZ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true but i believe vegetas pride would lead him to underestimate trunks and some disaster will take place where trunks pulls an insane move and beats vegeta, just because vegeta didnt expect it

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember, Trunks told Krillin he had power he didn't want Vegeta to see.

Darkowns is right in Vegeta potentially underestimating Trunks and Trunks's power beating Vegeta as he didn't expect it.

*in audience*

Gohan: Dad, do you think I could beat...
Goku: No son, this is my series, I own all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, and then later Trunks realized that his father had the same power, but chose not to use it because it slowed him down too much. What good is all of that strength, if you can't land a blow? Vegeta saw that, and so he only raised his power high enough to be strong AND fast. If he had pushed it higher, he'd be going for brute strength, which wouldn't be enough to beat Cell. You need to be strong, as well as agile in battle. Otherwise, you're pretty much a sitting duck.

Best answers
I remember that, but when Vegeta saw Trunks he called him a fool for slowing himself down by going USSJ. Vegeta could do it to, but he's not dumb, so he would beat Trunks anyday.

Best answers
ssj2 vegeta > ssj1/ussj trunks

thats like it is...

why are so many xxx vs xxx threads popping out now?
and why the he*l am i posting here ? O_O those threads are so pointless...
i have too much free time........... BLABLABLABLALBLABLABLABLABLA

Best answers
i have a question what appened to normal, ssj, ssj1, ssj2, ssj3, and ssj4, what the hell is up with the ussj and the ass stuff?????

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand why people are bringing up "USS2"... read MC's first post.

lol, they powered up their "ASS" powers... lol... I now know why nobody ever says ASS when referring to a USSJ... lol...
I used both "ASS" & "USS" because one is an English translation, and the other is a fan-term. "ASS" being the English form, and "USS" being the fan-made one. They're both the same form, though.

have a question what appened to normal, ssj, ssj1, ssj2, ssj3, and ssj4, what the hell is up with the ussj and the ass stuff?????
Oh my XXX! Wow, c'mon people.

[NO MOVIE CHARACTERS, EXCEPT GOGETA - who'd appear in the normal timeline if they ever performed the Fusion Dance]
SUPER SAIYAN achieved by: Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan, Kid Trunks, Goten, Gotenks, Vegito, Gogeta
AKA: "SSJ", "SS", "SUPER SAIYA-JIN"

"ASCENDED SUPER SAIYAN" achieved by: Vegeta, Trunks, Goku
AKA: "ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN", "ULTRA SUPER SAIYA-JIN", "USS", "ASS", "ASCENDED SUPER SAIYAN [STAGE 1]"

"ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN" FAULTY FORM achieved by: Vegeta, Trunks, Goku
AKA: "ULTRA SUPER SAIYA-JIN 2", "ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN 2", "ASCENDED SUPER SAIYAN [STAGE 2], "USSJ2", "USS2", "ASS2"

"FULL POWER SUPER SAIYAN" achieved by: Goku, Gohan
AKA: "PERFECT SUPER SAIYAN", "FPSSJ", "FPSS", "PSS"

"MASTERED SUPER SAIYAN" achieved by: Goku, Gohan, Vegeta
AKA: "MSS", "MSSJ"
Picture the Super Saiyans by the Buu Saga.

"SUPER SAIYAN 2" achieved by: Gohan, Goku, Vegeta, Vegito, Gogeta
AKA: "SSJ2", "SS2"

"SUPER SAIYAN 3" achieved by: Goku, Gotenks, -Vegito, Gogeta-[assumption; but common sense]
AKA: "SSJ3", "SS3", "SUPER SAIYA-JIN 3"

Best answers
why are so many xxx vs xxx threads popping out now?
For some reason they seem to be very 2007, however too many people keep relying on dub quotes and terms, which makes their arguments null and void.

Also "FPSS" as you put it isnt a form, its just a way of preserving the energy that would normally be used to transform into a Super Saiya-jin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also "FPSS" as you put it isnt a form, its just a way of preserving the energy that would normally be used to transform into a Super Saiya-jin.
Was is it really necessary to point that out? And FYI it is a form, it's called Super Saiyan; with reduced strain---it was invented by Goku, a way to preserve energy in the form so that the Super Saiyan energy doesn't affect the energy supply. In a list of transformations, it'll be included, otherwise there wouldn't be a label on what Goku and Gohan were using during the Cell Games. Wise guy.

For some reason they seem to be very 2007, however too many people keep relying on dub quotes and terms, which makes their arguments null and void.
Fan-terms or Dub? It's choice. Toriyama never even gave them names in the manga. Honestly, it doesn't matter what you use; made up BS or some acronym. I even included both English Dub and Fan-term to prevent confusion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here are all the Super Saiyan forms:

Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan 2
Super Saiyan 3
Super Saiyan 4

That's it. No more. Trunks and Vegeta were still SSJ when they left the Room of Spirit and Time, they were only much stronger. Trunks however, powered up too much and because of his increased muscle mass his speed was decreased. No philosophy there. And do realize that USSJ is a fan-made term. It isn't a true form. It's a bulky overpowered SSJ, no more. Vegeta fought against Cell as SSJ, he only powered up less than Trunks because he knew his speed would decrease if he did any more.

Now on topic: Vegeta would win, simply because he was more experienced, and Trunks wouldn't go all out against his father in a sparring match, if you could call it that, while Vegeta would. Their powers were somewhat equal at that point, but Vegeta has more skill and experience, therefore he would win.

Best answers
Was is it really necessary to point that out? And FYI it is a form, it's called Super Saiyan; with reduced strain---it was invented by Goku, a way to preserve energy in the form so that the Super Saiyan energy doesn't affect the energy supply. In a list of transformations, it'll be included, otherwise there wouldn't be a label on what Goku and Gohan were using during the Cell Games. Wise guy.

Fan-terms or Dub? It's choice. Toriyama never even gave them names in the manga. Honestly, it doesn't matter what you use; made up BS or some acronym. I even included both English Dub and Fan-term to prevent confusion.
You have just made my point for me, it is SSJ, with reduced strain, they have gained more power by becoming accustomed to being a SSJ, it is not an extra transformation or form, its a technique.

However with USSJ/ASS Goku himself calls them "Transformations of the first stage" ("ichi-dankai no henshin") and Trunks and Vegeta use a similar term, so these while still in the realm of SSJ, can be considered transformations.

I think you have misunderstood me, I was referring to people in general in these kinds of arguments when I was referring to dub quotes and terms, so you dont need to get so fired up over a Dragonball discussion.

Best answers
the reason dub has different wording is to cover up plotholes because japanese veiwers tend to not mind so much about polt as they do about fighting

with european viewers its vice cersa

hu cares its all canon because its all in the show

edit: vegeta wud win (maybe only just) coz he was generally stronger than trunks at that point in the anime also he has more fighting experience

Best answers
the reason dub has different wording is to cover up plotholes because japanese veiwers tend to not mind so much about polt as they do about fighting

with european viewers its vice cersa

hu cares its all canon because its all in the show
What you just stated is completely idiotic and one of the dumbest things I have ever read, please the next time you contribute to a topic, refrain from making things up.

The Japanese version in terms of storytelling, acting and dialogue has far more depth to it than the American reversioning.

The American version causes MORE plotholes (as if there weren't enough already) like stating Chibi Buu is Buu's strongest form and other pointless inconsistencies caused by completely redundant rewrites.

The American version was pitched at a younger audience, and thus has dumbed down dialogue, so to suggest that it has more depth than the original version, which was targeted at an older audience is completely moronic and speaks volumes of your experience with the original version.

Have you even seen it?

Best answers
lol, japan's version is better, idk why, but i like them better, but i hate commercials or however you spell it, gets on my freaking nerves, always popping out when it's just getting good, and i hate when they show a whole episode with nothing but talking, pisses me off, i don't watch DB to hear Vegeta tell Goku how much powerful he is i want to watch them fight, but nooooo, damn people.........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom