trunks sword shine

Best answers
can someone make trunks sword shine in a similer way that
frieza head and armor does (1st form)...

i dont belive its a hard thing to do if ur someone who know something
in modeling or skinning or whateva...(i dont :fight: )

think about it !

;D thats it

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really, there's no point. You aren't going to be seeing the sword out long enough for it to matter.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i disagree with u ...
u can say that about almost all the sprites and most parts of the models so way bother changing anything???

but really it isnt that important....

i just tought ill look nicer that way...

Best answers
that will cause not only tons of lag, also it will make the team (if they agrre to this idea) to do alot of useless coding, which will make 1.3 come out even later.
and you dont want THAT to happen right?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, code-wise, why would it cause lag? Model wise? Sorry I just find that argument is being employed to refute almost every suggestion dealing with a model skin or sprite swap lately and it isn't always true.

You don't see the sword long enough for it to matter. Unless your idea of advanced melee is stringing together 4 strong punches every time you run into somebody the sword will only make cameos during combos and the occasional punch. Even then, the swing is so fast you can hardly make out the sword at all sometimes.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
So, code-wise, why would it cause lag? Model wise? Sorry I just find that argument is being employed to refute almost every suggestion dealing with a model skin or sprite swap lately and it isn't always true.
well, moderator-wise ( :rolleyes: )
it isnt i that said so. i was saying the same thing another person said on another thread like this.
but let us not spam around this tread and stop this. fine with you?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol?
thats a new one, setting a mod straight >.<

anyway, it isnt that much work to code actually, you can add a trail that follows the movements of the sword. lag?? meh doubt it, its not particle work.
but the question has been anwered by the testers/mods, the action of the sword is to fast. i'm guessing that the melee with trunks isnt all sword hits, just the strong punches.

Best answers
ill just wait for 1.2 and see if it will be worth it...

i suggested it only cuz i thought it will be easy to make
i wanted to work like frieza armor and that doesnt cause lag (does it?)

and about not seen the sword in 1.1 when u choose melee with trunks
he takes his sword out and u see it really good..... O_O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But why would you want it for 1.1 when 1.2 is right around the corner? By the time someone does this model 1.2 will be out and u wont be able to use it...(or will you?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when was trunks' sword ever shiney in the show?

cant think of a time

if u really want a shiney sword take the 2 minutes and go into milkshape or whatever and change the texture

Best answers
its pretty useless bringin up this point wen 1.2 is around the corner...
that goes for any other bugs n changes u might want/see in 1.1
1.2 will b cool, and i cant wait to start finding bugs n stuff in it
the faster we find the bugs the beta the game will get.. no offence to the team

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
assaf said:
it isnt i that said so. i was saying the same thing another person said on another thread like this.

Why are you arguing this idea with something you heard from some guy in another thread? If you want to argue an idea in the suggestions forum use logic or argue with evidence. In other words: Don't attack someone's idea with somebody else's rumor.

And I wasn't attacking you, I was attacking the fact that people throw that stuff out there to argue ideas they don't like. That isn't criticism, that's taking a cheap shot because people who don't know any better will just assume it is true and try to help you bring down the idea, which isn't good for anybody... it's sort of like how people used to accuse each other of ripping in the mod section just to hamper his or her credibility until a mod stepped in and corrected it. If you know for a fact that it would really cause a lot of lag, back it up and you win, but if you just heard it somewhere all you're going to do is convince people who don't know any better that it must indeed cause lag and they'll think it's a bad idea automatically. I know because I used to be like that myself.

Also note that your post was spam, while mine contained actual criticism, which is entirely legitimate. There's no justification to "moderate" me, and it's rude beside the point that it was off topic. I only brought it up because I happen to focus on the suggestions forum (see my name in the moderator list) and I like to see people critiquing each other in ways that will actually help out the game.

Edit- I just talked to PCJoe about it and there wouldn't seem to be a problem with making it "shiny" unless the team did something drastic to make it that way. It just isn't practical.

Uub

Best answers
guys dont fight lmao,
its a useless topic if it shines itl make others lag... and it has no new attacks any way wat would be the point or if he shot like say... some special gun attack out of it. then it would make sense with the glowness.. so they could think of adding an attack with that sword glowness, or just leave it why try change stuff when alot of people wanna see second transformations!

Best answers
lol, wats the point of making the sword shine, it would just be a waste of time but if it can be done quicky with no lag or problems then why not :)

Best answers
what isaid that it will make the team to work for about nothing.
also the idea will be not much of a change, since in 1.2
you mostly use punches (from what i understood)
so you mostly dont see the sword.
i guess i was incorrect with the lag, but not fully uncorrect.
unless you will have a special shine that works not matter where you are, it will cause some trouble.
reptile: i know, i feel so proud, having an odd conversation with a mod(i am a full time noob.).

Best answers
LoL...just give him a baseball bat and we'll call it even.

If the sword is going to only be used in strong melee attacks (strong kick is sword hit too?) then theres no real need to work on the sword as you will only see it for a split second.

Best answers
i see most of u dont think its really matters but u also said it
wasnt hard to do...

as i stated i know nothing in modeling and stuff
so if someone could make this adjustment for me ill be
very gratefull

this topic is as good as closed...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
lol?
thats a new one, setting a mod straight >.<
assaf said:
reptile: i know, i feel so proud, having an odd conversation with a mod(i am a full time noob.).
Are you two trying to taunt me? :S I hope not. It isn't necessary, justified, or appreciated. Be careful about talking down to moderators when they haven't even been shown to be incorrect.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
assaf said:
Lets clarify something here, Moderators and Supermoderators are allowed to interject anything they feel neccessary into the thread. Therefore, unless Sonic busted in, and began talking about how his foot hurt, he isn't spamming. Therefore, your comment was completely unwarranted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom