Trunks Plothole thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. In future trunks time, goku and everyone dies right? right. if that happened... how the hell did he get his sword. ss3 goku and all the other people were needed to kill hildegarn.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hildegarn was a movie... ie, not to do with the REAL story. So in the world of dbz it never happened.

Best answers
That and Trunk's future was a lot different so there might not have even been a hildegarn or whoever he is..i need to get these movies. I've only seen a few.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He just has it, no story as to how he got it. Its just another one of those things that they were too lazy to explain something so minor.

ZaZ

Best answers
in the hildegarn movie trunks is like 8 and in the dbz story he is a teenager so he could have gotten the sword anyway

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okey, i'll say it again

movies, never happened.

the manga was written long before the anime by a guy called akira toriyama, the movies (all except movie 8) were written by people in offices trying to make money. Movies and GT in my eyes are fan made.

Best answers
Trunks got his sword from Tapion. Don't know what movie was that.
Want proof? Here you go:

Tapion has trunks sword

Tapion knew trunks

And here's a fan art.

AND MOVIES REALLY HAPPENED OR ELSE GIMME ANOTHER EXPLANATION HOW TRNKS GOT HIS SWORD.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movies never happened. the truth, and nothing but the truth. that was a crappy explanation of how he got it in a movie written by people who werent the original creators of dbz. In dbz, the real dbz, he just had the sword, he probably went to a shop and bought it, or got somebody to make it for him.

Best answers
Now I remember! In one episode I saw people from the future and they got swords too. They used them to deffend from androids

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Movies happened, just some of them depicted an alternate universe, like the Future Trunks Saga did.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When he says "movies never happened" that means they weren't in the original dragonball Z plot. Meaning, in the manga, there was no tapion or whatever, trunks just had a sword. Even though they were made in between crucial events in the real dbz stroyline, none of those events are mentioned in dbz.

Best answers
Besides, how would Trunks have gotten the sword anyhow? When he got it from Tapion, it was in the timeline when the androids and Cell had already been defeated; whereas in the other timeline, Goku died, leaving Earth defenseless against the androids' onslaught, which is where Future Trunks (and his sword) came into play. I'd try explaining it on, but I'd prolly get confused with paradoxes and the like so I'll stop here.

Best answers
The movies happened but in the series they never talked about them...Trunks "Hey remember when Tapion gave me his sword? He got p0wn3d so bad that he was all bloody and stuff." Goku" Yeah that was funny. Remember when Broly came back and all he could say was 'Kakarot' and I was all like what but he just kept saying it then Gohan p0wn3d his ass and i was all like w00t!" Frieza " Remember when i killed like all the sayains? Man I partied to hard that night I mean I was so wasted man" Goku " Uhh... no Frieza I was a little baby then. But remember in the series when I kicked your ass? W00000000000T!!!"

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The Hildegarn Movie is one of only two movies that could have happened in the normal DBZ timeline. It happens after Buu is destroyed and life has returned to normal - somewhere in the period of seven years or so between the death of Buu and Goku meeting Uub. There is no mention of anything happening in this time but that doesn't mean nothing did happen.

The fact that Trunks gets a sword in the end of the movie is more a nod to Mirai Trunks than anything else. It's a way of showing the connection between the two, nothing more. Yes, you do get a montage of Mirai Trunks ass-kicking during the credits but that's all. Two Trunks, two swords; that's all she wrote.

And anyone who pretends different is bloody crazy. o_O

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
precisely, and as ive said before, the future trunks story special was in the manga. I take any content written after dbz was written, by other writters as fan made, and fictional. You could write your own saga for star wars but they arent officially part of the star wars universe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont give a rats ass about the manga. i was just wondering how trunks got his sword.

close this thread its uselss now.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom