True DBZ Beam Starts

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ah just face it, hl is to weak for this, it will stay borring what ever you mess with it(it already happen with the melee and look at how that turned out)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy i think its turning out good :p with the new animations in 1.3 itll look faster

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah witht he new system the team is running the melee looks awesome. So maybe the team or Logan could redo the sprites and imply this idea.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ive suggested this before, i still really really want it in :'( not just for the beam starts, but the projectile as well... plus some characters dont have this flare thing, like krillins beams always have balls as starts and ends.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, not just because it would look better but because it would give spriters more freedom when making sprites look how they want to look :yes:

For the record, I use that ESF-World sprite you linked and it looks badass.

RavenTrunks check yo' PM's :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I like it, not just because it would look better but because it would give spriters more freedom when making sprites look how they want to look :yes:

For the record, I use that ESF-World sprite you linked and it looks badass.

RavenTrunks check yo' PM's :p
Yeah it looks bad ass but it doesn't look flared.

If only beams could look like this! GOD! I think everyone would need new underwear!

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Its cool, but i think it would look wierd from the 1st person view.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
like meh said, it changes due to the character, and what move it is, in dragoball it was rare for beams to be flared, but in dbz, there was a lot more flared starts, but never for krillin, all his beams were balls at the start and the end.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i ment from the "behind the person firing the beam" view

my bad. 3rd person :

you know alot of beams have sprites that are just copied over so you can add additional effects right?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
there would be a center sprite (the one that is currently a ball) and that would make it look fine from 3rd person, trust... Also, we know the capabilities of the current beam sprites, well i definately do, its just not possible to get the effect we all want with the current coding, and we cannot change that coding =\ hence why this is a suggestion.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well i understand it now and i must say would look great.

1 sprite horizonal
1 sprite vertical
and 1 that conects them boath in the form of a cyrcle where the hands touch the sprites also vertical only rotated 90°

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
there would be a center sprite (the one that is currently a ball) and that would make it look fine from 3rd person, trust... Also, we know the capabilities of the current beam sprites, well i definately do, its just not possible to get the effect we all want with the current coding, and we cannot change that coding =\ hence why this is a suggestion.
Well David is adding Flare even possible or do they have to re code that also?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i was trying to explain to zero, that what raventrunks suggested is exactly what is needed to have a flare for beams, and that requires coding, its nothing to do with customising the current sprites.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
just saying you could. i dont think it would look too impressive anyways. you know how funky the beams can get at angles,

i dont really look at the person shooting a beam when i play, i'm usually trying to get out of the way

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
just saying you could. i dont think it would look too impressive anyways. you know how funky the beams can get at angles,

i dont really look at the person shooting a beam when i play, i'm usually trying to get out of the way
things looking too plain can be boring in general...

And for those that are confused... This is suggesting to code what needs to be coded to do this, had a few people confused about that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom