Tron: Legacy

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this yet.

So I saw this the night it came out, and I have to say, without knowing anything about Tron, it was a pretty good movie. Anyone else see it?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about creating a thread about it at some point but i forgot to do it. :)
Anyway, i saw it last year too. Apart from being a Disney movie (simple and predictable plot, bad acting etc) i found it to be an enjoyable movie.
I mean, audio-visually it was great (saw it in 3D, not that it matters that much). I didn't see/know anything about the original Tron as well but i really liked the concept of "The Grid" and the whole virtual world.
Some battle scenes really made me feel like a kid again(arena battles). I was like: Cooool! :)
Oh and the OST was also good. I guess that's about it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'll be perfectly honest with you. After seeing the Tron Guy's Web Redemption on Tosh.0 I knew I could never associate myself with Tron and therefor have not seen the movie. My logic is flawless.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original Tron was a great movie, can't wait to see this one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only want to see it for Daft Punk. :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only want to see it for Daft Punk. :p
It delivers, trust me. :)

[video=youtube;DSx_N18TWjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSx_N18TWjs[/video]
[video=youtube;k7D5Sy8XfJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7D5Sy8XfJE&feature=related[/video]
You can search the other tracks on youtube.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about creating a thread about it at some point but i forgot to do it. :)
Anyway, i saw it last year too. Apart from being a Disney movie (simple and predictable plot, bad acting etc) i found it to be an enjoyable movie.
I mean, audio-visually it was great (saw it in 3D, not that it matters that much). I didn't see/know anything about the original Tron as well but i really liked the concept of "The Grid" and the whole virtual world.
Some battle scenes really made me feel like a kid again(arena battles). I was like: Cooool! :)
Oh and the OST was also good. I guess that's about it.
What movie were you watching? Only the ending was really predictable and the acting was superb.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hmm I didn't watch it yet but I think it will be hard to beat first Tron. I watched it last year and I couldn't believe this movie was made in 1982. I mean even if effects & storyline has been more than 25 years old they are totaly great. When it was released it's surely was like revolution. Even for today standards it's pretty good movie. It didn't aged quite a bit and not matter how good Tron: Legacy will be I sincerely doubt that can beat original.

Besides when someone made a sequel to legendary movie like that it's almost always suck. I'm not saying it will be bad, it might be great, but still it will be worse than first Tron. Well atleast we have Olivia Wilde to keep us entertaining.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw it yesterday. Having seen the original TRON, it was a great film. I recommend everyone see it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw it a couple weeks back. Not a bad film, as has been said - audio/visually it's very appealing but it's not really something to rave on and on about.

Maybe 7/10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom