Trojan Horse, major problems!

Best answers
ok, im hopeing someone on the forums can help me with this, cause i dont know were else to go for help. My g/f has a trojan horse on her pc, and it is extremely difficult to get to. everytime she goes on msn, it auto sends some really strange files to everyone on her list, with file names like "how a blone eats a Banana" and "My pics!" and "Fat Elvis" lol. when ever she trys to check her email or anything were it involves putting in a email adress, password, or even a site that involves something with antivirus, it exit's out right away. I need some BIG help on this, cause this thing is very hard to get too.

Best answers
firstly, what i normally do (i do it for spyware, but it should apply for any virus/trojan) is run antivirus programs...if you don't wanna do that (don't have one/lazy/antivirus sucks) you should goto task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and check the processes list for any suspicious looking processes running on your comp. If you can't identify any, then goto regedit (Start>Run> type regedit) and click on the "current user" or "local_machine" branch (forgot what it's called, on University computer so i can't check), then choose "software>microsoft>windows>Current Version>Run" (or something similar), now when you click on the run (or run once), on the right of your screen there should be a list of registry keys...check for any suspicious ones.

Once you've found any suspicous ones, google it....type in the process/reg key name into google + process...e.g. if on your process list there was something called iexplore.exe (most possibly will be), then in google type "iexplore process" or "iexplore.exe process" (without quotes) or just without the process word. Hopefully you will find specific websites to help you remove it manually.

If you can't do any of the above, just take a screenshot of the task manager on the processes tab and i can prob help you from there

Best answers
I got horse tranquilizer. Just aol me if you need some, I'll sell you it over ebay.

www.windows.com and get the spyware program they made.

bye.

Best answers
Prelithe said:
firstly, what i normally do (i do it for spyware, but it should apply for any virus/trojan) is run antivirus programs...if you don't wanna do that (don't have one/lazy/antivirus sucks) you should goto task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and check the processes list for any suspicious looking processes running on your comp. If you can't identify any, then goto regedit (Start>Run> type regedit) and click on the "current user" or "local_machine" branch (forgot what it's called, on University computer so i can't check), then choose "software>microsoft>windows>Current Version>Run" (or something similar), now when you click on the run (or run once), on the right of your screen there should be a list of registry keys...check for any suspicious ones.

Once you've found any suspicous ones, google it....type in the process/reg key name into google + process...e.g. if on your process list there was something called iexplore.exe (most possibly will be), then in google type "iexplore process" or "iexplore.exe process" (without quotes) or just without the process word. Hopefully you will find specific websites to help you remove it manually.

If you can't do any of the above, just take a screenshot of the task manager on the processes tab and i can prob help you from there
That doesnt work cause i cant open the task manager at all, and i cant type in any commands in like regedit. whenever i try to run a antivirus program or something, it closes out

Best answers
Yeah, this guy on my msn list keeps sending files like 'my pic' 'jennifer lopez' and stuff like that. Now i understand.

Retired
Best answers
try the cleaner from moosoft.

go to google.ca and type the cleaner and you can't miss it

Best answers
Hmm, I did get alot of .pif files lately, that explains it...

Try hitman pro, it's kinda like a all-in-one program, I'm sure google will help. It might take some time to get it all done, but I'm quite happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom