Triangels in models...

Best answers
Hi guys ! I'm still new to modelling :cry: so I have a question.
Why modelers use almost always triangels ? Are they the best for modelling ?
What's the difrence between tri- and quadrangles in models?
As alaway thanks for yours answers... ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 tri's = 1 quad.

i think ull find that anyone who doesnt work in milkshape will try to stick to quads as often as they can, its much neater, and if you ever have to meshsmooth or uvw map the mesh, it will help the software calculate the smoothing algorythm properly, (as it will always smooth in quads) and its just easyer to uv map with quads...

but in the end, when the model goes into the game, it will split it down into triangles, since thats how all games render the models.

Best answers
I'm working in 3ds max 7 and after ending yours torso tut I'm making my first model.

The marked place in this picture should be a part of a torso or arm ?

BTW. What's about creating polygons? In program when you make one by your own it's no beeing smoothed. Is it error? Or how i can fix it ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you create a new polygon, it wont be smoothed, smoothing groups are found in the polygon edit tools, scroll down to polygon properties, and choose a number, thats the group those polies belong to, ull need to play around with them to find out how to use them best. but use them sparingly...

ben mathis wrote a tutorial on how to use them on his site. www.poopinmymouth.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom