• AirForce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navy

• Rangers

• Total voters
Best answers
There are .dll available that allows transparency in models. It is completely compatible with HL and allows for some cool things to be put in. Has a tutorial and link to dll download
http://www.custom-tfc.co.uk/index.php?section=view_tut&t_id=12
These .dll got into your base HL directory and doesnt screw up anything at all, I've used these for a couple weeks now and havent noticed a problem yet.

=============================================

Just some small examples of what can be done with it (All models were made for TFC).

A model with a transparent face lens.
http://www.custom-tfc.co.uk/index.php?section=comments&type=item&parent_id=1954

A lightsaber that is actually see thru unlike what is normally capable.
http://www.custom-tfc.co.uk/index.php?section=comments&type=item&parent_id=1951

Glowing. Havent really tried this one so I cant say much about it.
http://www.custom-tfc.co.uk/index.php?section=comments&type=item&parent_id=1958

And a last example is a pretty transparent model. Body is transparent but you can see the skeleton as a solid
http://www.custom-tfc.co.uk/index.php?section=comments&type=item&parent_id=2080

=============================================

Some of you may be thinking this is sooo cheating, but here are a couple good reasons its not.

1. Only you can see it so no one can make a completely invisible model and no one can see him

2. Only harm is making it harder to see the person himself

============================================

Just something you modelers might wanted to check out. Now for some ideas since I cant model. It could be possible to put a kind of permanent yellow glow on SSJ as seen in the glowing sniper I linked but to a lesser extent. Partial transparent diamond thingy above a persons head. Last idea for now is (dunno if it would be called cheating, but) partial transparent player models to see thru your body to un obstruct the part of the screen its blocking?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bwaahahahahhaha... amazing man.. amazing... finally, someone has come up with somthing useful, im gonna have to use this in futora warfare so i can get a see through metroid! argh!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm thanks bud i can use this for my zero and my metriod shijing help me with, this wont interfere with the esf dll right?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, transparency in HL, im surprised nobody here has found that yet, as useful as that is, a metroid just wouldnt be a metroid if it wasnt see thru, it would be a green potato with teeth

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeh dats cool, ty for d link. it would come in handy for hair!!!

Bolteh2

B
Originally posted by nuttzy
well, transparency in HL, im surprised nobody here has found that yet, as useful as that is, a metroid just wouldnt be a metroid if it wasnt see thru, it would be a green potato with teeth

lol, dod was the first to come up with this, its because of dod that this is something standard for hl now

Best answers
No it doesnt interfere the esf.dll, my guess is it adds something to the dll in HL folder that makes transparency possible.

And you're right sbolt, DOD did come up with this awesome stuff and deserve a big pat on the back.

Bolteh2

B
dod used it on for exaple the hedgehogs (obstacles on the beach), barrels of tanks and weels of tanks (toothweels) ehm, mostly on plants and tress to (pines, bush, other trees etc)

and, dod werent the ones to make it, valve made it and let dod team use it (sicne dod is now part of valve) valve was originaly going to wait for next hl update to release this transparancy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zenny one more question, i read that tutorial and is that tutorial for all 3 things?(lightsaber glow, glowing, transparency) because those 3 pics yous showed have different effects

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a question if we use it for esf the other cant see us but can we us see our character??? cuz ometimes I really hate 1st persopn view with games that you can see the character I mean if I want to use Vegetto the others cant see but I can see my model right???

Bolteh2

B
its like, ... DUH

unless the others have the same model installed

lol, just imagine, if everything had to be send through the server so ppl can directly see the model you have installed, lol, bb ping 20, welcome ping 2000

Best answers
Well anyway it would be kewl havin a glow around the ssj body...

Best answers
Soccer: Ummm... I can't model, but here is my best answer. The tutorial is for transparency in general, and maybe by messing with those numbers and whatever it gives u different effects, but the glowing is just an effect of transparency. If you really got questions about it, should ask the person who made it, OoPpEe: [email protected] he is the one that really brought the transparent models to the Custom-TFC community.

Best answers
it kinda weird...that u see ur skeleton but cool...

Best answers
The aura when transforming in ESF, isn't that also transparent?

Best answers
True about the aura and never really thought about that, wish I could try to make a magical guess on it, gonna go ingame and get a good look at the aura.

[J]

Best answers
Originally posted by S-Bolt--
its like, ... DUH

unless the others have the same model installed

lol, just imagine, if everything had to be send through the server so ppl can directly see the model you have installed, lol, bb ping 20, welcome ping 2000
hey, dont people see your models in quake 3? i remember showing off my models to somebody in quake that they didnt have ^_^ maybe im wrong

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah if ou have a custom model in quake 3 they can see it. like if you downloaded the neo model and had it in the correct place, your friend could see that it was neo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom