Transparent frogs help researchers without disection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Why the Hell are you people so flippant and dismissive over that which is far above you? How DARE you take the word of God and laugh at it?! Do you even KNOW the kind of disrespect and downright blasphemy you're comitting? You act like the laws and the logic of man are above God. GOD: Supreme beign that created everything, yourself included! Do you really want to go and piss him off? What is WRONG with people anymore?! It's like good common sense has become the premium nowadays!
Religion has absolutely nothing to do with common sense (as you've made painfully obvious) please don't talk about disrespect when you are having a fanatical hissy fit because not everybody here follows YOUR religion.

Take your sanctimonious Christian bull**** and shove it, your ignorance and disregard for other people's beliefs is exactly whats wrong with Christianity.

How DARE YOU tell anyone they are wrong.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really hope I don't come off as a religious fanatic to you guys; I have strong opinions and a firm perception of right and wrong, but there are some ways in which I doubt God. For instance, if someone had the means to create an artificial creature...a sentient creature, like a robot, or more accurately an android, and that android was designed to be as human as possible, but learned how to love others on its' own...and you came to love it, or him or her like like your own brother/sister/what-have-you and it was selfless enough and good enough to ascend to heaven when it died (if it were human)...well, I've always wondered if God were strict and cold enough to deny giving that being a soul of its' own, or loving and understanding enough to love it like his own...

...I've given it a lot of thought, and I'd love to think the latter would be true...but honestly, if the former was true...I would reject God. Either reject him, or simply grant the creature my own soul to keep as its' own, and let me take it's place in nonexistence.
God allowing humans to suffer and live in deplorable conditions with little to no food availible? A-OK, God has a plan for us all!

God not letting the robots into heaven? Reject God! Rebel, rebel!

Why the Hell are you people so flippant and dismissive over that which is far above you? How DARE you take the word of God and laugh at it?! Do you even KNOW the kind of disrespect and downright blasphemy you're comitting? You act like the laws and the logic of man are above God. GOD: Supreme beign that created everything, yourself included! Do you really want to go and piss him off? What is WRONG with people anymore?! It's like good common sense has become the premium nowadays!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
-- Epicurus

God would go to hell if he were a human.

I by no means mean to insult you, I just have always found the entire notion of God to be ridiculous.

Best answers
Senses religious warfare in the air.
*Lower them cannons! All hands on ****... I mean deck!"

I for one have liberal views on religion. If god wanted us to NOT do something, he's stop us. Like for say, we haven't found a way to bring back the dead (yet), must mean that's something we shouldn't be doing. But heck. If we can turn frogs pink/yellow/transparent, then unless theres something stopping us, go right ahead.
But yes, I do agree that it seems inhumane. But heck, I ain't the guy funding this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Senses religious warfare in the air.
*Lower them cannons! All hands on ****... I mean deck!"

I for one have liberal views on religion. If god wanted us to NOT do something, he's stop us. Like for say, we haven't found a way to bring back the dead (yet), must mean that's something we shouldn't be doing. But heck. If we can turn frogs pink/yellow/transparent, then unless theres something stopping us, go right ahead.
But yes, I do agree that it seems inhumane. But heck, I ain't the guy funding this.
By that logic, God wants us all to commit murder since we techinically can.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, that's your response? We asked why would God give us freedom of will if (being all knowing and all) he knew what we would be capable of? Instead of answering it, you go off and preach to us that questioning the bible (thus the word of God) is blasphemous. Why does your religion have to be supreme above others? Why does your religion have to be true and while the others ones have to be false? Isn't being intolerant to others beliefs considered "bad"? Besides, what makes you think God gets angry? If you ask me, people tend to Humanize God when he's supposedly above us. Why would people belittle God to that of a Human with special powers? He's supposed to be perfect, so why would a perfect being be burdened with emotions which were supposedly given to us to keep us under control?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
state an argument or dont reply...?

i really hope your worshipping a god because you truly believe in him and not just so you can feel safe at night. just from that paragraph it seems your just frightened of what it would be like if you didnt have ultimate guidance. in other words a scared child that has been left in the mall and forgotten about.

btw, why do you need an excuse from something that you cant see, touch, hear, taste, or smell to follow morals? it seems that you religious fanatics are far more unstable than most criminals.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even have to read but a few words of these posts to get the drift. And before I'd been wondering how in "Revelations" there could be so many people who wouldn't even be able to GUESS why every devout Christian had suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth. Now it's obvious; at this rate, there's going to be more of you people than us. Because "logic" is YOUR God...and more and more people are falling to your spreading of doubt...

It literally stuns me...I just cant believe how many deviants there are...I swear, the whole world is going insane...

Best answers
By that logic, God wants us all to commit murder since we techinically can.
no arguments there.

I don't even have to read but a few words of these posts to get the drift. And before I'd been wondering how in "Revelations" there could be so many people who wouldn't even be able to GUESS why every devout Christian had suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth. Now it's obvious; at this rate, there's going to be more of you people than us. Because "logic" is YOUR God...and more and more people are falling to your spreading of doubt...

It literally stuns me...I just cant believe how many deviants there are...I swear, the whole world is going insane...

Just because we don't follow your religion doesn't mean we're deviants. Yeesh. Insane? You need to double check that. I think its the other way around.

Best answers
Why does your religion have to be supreme above others? Why does your religion have to be true and while the others ones have to be false? Isn't being intolerant to others beliefs considered "bad"?
Because so many Christians talk the tolerance talk, but they don't educate themselves on other religions, they are too caught up in being the self proclaimed moral compass of our planet to realize how ignorant and intolerant they really are.

it seems that you religious fanatics are far more unstable than most criminals.
If there is another large scale terrorist attack on the states, it won't be Al-Quaeda, it will be the fundamentalist Christians, now THEY scare me.

Well, a quick google check informed me that roughly 33% of our planet's population are Christian (Very rough estimate), so by that logic 67% of the people on this planet are deviants.

So I put it to you, that you are insane.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because so many Christians talk the tolerance talk, but they don't educate themselves on other religions, they are too caught up in being the self proclaimed moral compass of our planet to realize how ignorant and intolerant they really are.

If there is another large scale terrorist attack on the states, it won't be Al-Quaeda, it will be the fundamentalist Christians, now THEY scare me.
Oh knock it off for God's sake! I'll have none of this! Christians (at least Non-Denominational Christians) of the present day are good people! We're taught to love our freakin' sinners! We're not told to "Jihad" those who mock our faith. We are taught peace and love for our fellow man!

Now, if you're talking about Mormons, well...we're not affiliated with them. I don't know about present-day Mormons, but I don't trust their belief system. I've seen plenty of "September Dawn". "Blood Atonement" indeed...now THAT'S fanatacism! THAT'S what you should be fighting! Not me!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems that you religious fanatics are far more unstable than most criminals.
Let's not make this thread more judgmental/damning than it already is.

Fact of the matter: The mosaic of personal beliefs that people hold on this board is respectable, not contemptible (and certainly not damnable). There is no need to jump to an aggressive defense when someone makes some statement that might not coincide with your own creed(s), or even challenges them. At the same time, I don't think it's absolutely necessary to force-feed the burden of proof to others in this community, particularly when the topic is one's faith. This is precisely why "successful" religious discussions are something we haven't seen here since the early 2000's.

I don't mind you guys discussing the moral implications of matters (loosely) related to the topic; however, I am neither inclined nor required to allow a crossfire between the humanists/atheists and the "religious" members of the community. Both groups are equally inclined to put the burden of proof on the other and, speaking strictly from technical definitions, cogent arguments (well, relatively cogent) can be made in either direction. It's a moot point and is not likely to lose that status. Agree to disagree on the issue, and move on. This isn't the place for missionaries, preachers, or amateur skeptics.

Best answers
Oh knock it off for God's sake! I'll have none of this! Christians (at least Non-Denominational Christians) of the present day are good people!
That was never my intention to imply otherwise, I just think those who campaign that religion should dictate every decision made in our society are completely out of touch, so I apologize if it seemed I was stereotyping an entire religion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's not make this topic more judgmental/damning than it already is.

Fact of the matter: The mosaic of personal beliefs that people hold on this board is respectable, not contemptible (and certainly not damnable). There is no need to jump to an aggressive defense when someone makes some statement that might not coincide with your own creed(s), or even challenges them. At the same time, I don't think it's absolutely necessary to force-feed the burden of proof to others in this community, particularly when the topic is one's faith. This is precisely why "successful" religious discussions are something we haven't seen here since the early 2000's.

I don't mind you guys discussing the moral implications of matters (loosely) related to the topic; however, I am neither inclined nor required to allow a crossfire between the humanists/atheists and the "religious" members of the community. Both groups are equally inclined to put the burden of proof on the other and, speaking strictly from technical definitions, cogent arguments (well, relatively cogent) can be made in either direction. It's a moot point and is not likely to lose that status. Agree to disagree on the issue, and move on. This isn't the place for missionaries, preachers, or amateur skeptics.
Thank God SOMEONE decides to intervene...Exactly, it's amazing. Anytime I say anything that reflects my beliefs, I'm jumped on, just for giving my 2 cents (you wanna talk of intolerance? Zing...owned). Believe me or ignore me, I'm never interested in arguing, and nothing you say can change my mind anyway.

EDIT:

That was never my intention to imply otherwise, I just think those who campaign that religion should dictate every decision made in our society are completely out of touch.
Well...since I believe 100% that my religion is the correct one, naturally I feel the world should reflect that. Anyone with a strong religious beleif would say the same. I'm just more honest than some conisder wise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...since I believe 100% that my religion is the correct one, naturally I feel the world should reflect that. Anyone with a strong religious beleif would say the same. I'm just more honest than some conisder wise.

I disagree with that. I mainly beleive in science becuase unlike religion, you can prove (or at least try to prove) most of it yourself. In religion.. it's all about faith... blind faith... You just beleive.. why? Becuase God (who no one can prove exists) told someone, who told a bunch of people, who then told a whole bunch of other people, who told another group of people who eventually told your parents, who told you, and you beleive becuase that's what you've been told. If you don't beleive it, you go to hell, if you question it, you go to hell, if you think about questioning it or not beleiving in it, it's the same thing as actually doing it, so you go to hell AGAIN. I'm all for teaching people morals, but if you think that threatening everyone that doesn't beleive what you beleive with eternal torment and suffering is a good moral, then I'm not going to side with you.

Science on the other hand is constantly open-minded and learning, always questioning itself and examining everything. It's not like I don't beleive in the possibility of God, I just beleive in the possibility of the absence of God as well. I would love it if God truly existed, it would add much more meaning to life, it would give you security that after you die, you have something ahead of you. If god doesn't exist, and there's pure nothingness after, it would depress me, however, I'm not afraid to think that it's a possibility. I'm not afraid to take any theory and roll it around my head for a while, come up with my own opinion and express it. There's nothing wrong with that, as most people have said already it just makes us smarter and better.

My overall point is if religious people weren't so "all-knowing" relaxed a little and actually questioned themselves from time to time, you'd probably have many more followers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
That's actually...funny :) Well, maybe not Hell...purgatory, more likely. God is just, but God is kind.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm an agnostic, and I don't put my laws above anything I am ignorant about, but I will dispute things I do know above what I don't know exists.

And it's not that you get jumped on, or the free-thinkers are the intolerant ones, it's just you come off as the evangelical christian type, yes people openly dispute what you say, it's just that you use the "you statements" directing things directly at people, which is why your posts get singled out. I know you're not a bad guy, like the evangelical and capitalist, and missionary christians are, it's just you come off as the preacher who will berate you and tell you how horrible you are until you accept God...which really isn't what Yahweh wants in the first place, heh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm an agnostic, and I don't put my laws above anything I am ignorant about, but I will dispute things I do know above what I don't know exists.

And it's not that you get jumped on, or the free-thinkers are the intolerant ones, it's just you come off as the evangelical christian type, yes people openly dispute what you say, it's just that you use the "you statements" directing things directly at people, which is why your posts get singled out. I know you're not a bad guy, like the evangelical and capitalist, and missionary christians are, it's just you come off as the preacher who will berate you and tell you how horrible you are until you accept God...which really isn't what Yahweh wants in the first place, heh.
What the blinkin' Brisbaine is a "Yahweh"?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Synonym for Jehovah, someone correct me if I'm wrong, heh. (the Jewish/Christian god)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom