Transforming to SSJ3

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i got an idea and i think that this one will work when you transform to SSJ3, the hair should grow instead of just appearing outta no where.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you know it doesn't? 1.3 isn't out yet. If you're referring to a transformation from EVM, you're doing so in the wrong place. These aren't the EVM forums.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's fairly safe to say that if the team can make it grow, they will. There isn't much they can do if half life wont support that kind of morph though, and I somehow doubt it does support it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I think it's fairly safe to say that if the team can make it grow, they will. There isn't much they can do if half life wont support that kind of morph though, and I somehow doubt it does support it.
Well there is a way of tricking the engine ;) use the same thing as for trunkses sword animations ;)

Best answers
or add three more goku models each one with longer hair and in one trans change 4 models. :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yes submodels swich coud make the trick , but i doubt they coud make it good at least a try !

Best answers
Hmm.. this was suggested in the EVM/whatever that other mod was forums.
Personally.. its just more eyecandy that you don't really need. If I can shoot laser with the character, and punch them, that is all I need lol.

Best answers
How exactly do u use trunks sword cause of the year ive played every time i use trunks sword thing it is just melle

DMW

Best answers
How exactly do u use trunks sword cause of the year ive played every time i use trunks sword thing it is just melle
thats how its supposed to be.I dont think this would be cool,but could the esf team really pull it off with the hl1 engine?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is, when you acend, the hair will grow, but when you decend, will there be an animation tom make it go back or iwll it just go back, and what about insta-trans, from SSJ2-3, there wouldnt be time to grow the hair out.

Cool idea, but too many flaws.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This can work, several 'key frames' as sub models, then tween between them with animation. I think it's well within there ability to do it, and make it look good.
They may have already.

>.>

<.<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's well within half-lifes capabilities. It's lagging I'm afraid of. Just a few models is fine. But to transition smoothly would take a lot of models which = lag. I'd rather it me lagless and just one model change then a lot of lag and a 10 model change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or there could be a skeleton in each hair strand that will stretch during the animation sequence?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah same here.
But they can make crappy eye candy too, it will still be eye candy though, lol
Like only 3 or 4 submodels.
Such swift model changes lag up servers like there's no tomorrow.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Such swift model changes lag up servers like there's no tomorrow.
Not realy. Trunks himself has 2 submodels with all animations. And boath submodels get shown with teh punch combo (well slash in his case). And that dont lag up nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not realy. Trunks himself has 2 submodels with all animations. And boath submodels get shown with teh punch combo (well slash in his case). And that dont lag up nothing.
What you're talking about isn't model changes... It's more like a knife in CS.
imkongkong's idea is the best IMO.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'll have to agree with imkongkong's idea... Just animate the hair for the SSJ2 model to grow, then change for the SSJ3 model. Then for reverting back to normal, have an animation to where his hair shrinks, and shows SSJ1's type hair, then change to normal.... Or if you want to go to safe, easy, and lazy way. Just make a big giant flash of light, and poof he's normal. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom