Transformations - Real-time hair change

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested this a while back... hoping to see it in a recent update, but haven't seen it yet.

A ) I think it'd be really awesome instead of doing the whole model-swap thing when transforming, we have the hair spike up and gradually change color. A nice touch would to see muscle growth.. etc.. but that's extra. I think this would be better than doing a whole cinematic transformation for each character...

or maybe you can combine the cinematics with the Real-Time changes.

B) In addition- A nice touch to the transformations would be the 'negatives' kind of shot.. where colors are inverted.

C) Explosions - Not sure how explosions are coming along.. but last I remember, they were more of a light show rather than a smokey explosion. I've provided a pic that would best explain how explosions and smoke should look.

----

pictures:
A)

B)

C)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They seem like rather minor details, but it could be cool to see the characters' hairs glowing gold prior to the full transformation. I thought they did that already though? Or they had some sort of glowing golden aura around them just before the final phase of the transformation.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id give you a link to moddb and the animated textures video, but i guess you allready know that. Yes its possible that we animate the textures on our models.

About the explosions. You have a point, but they are kinda ESF-ish kinda unique if you know what i mean XD

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All in all, a model swap is inevitable. =P
The hair somehow has to go from normal to SSJ. We could however smooth out the transition, yeah. ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All in all, a model swap is inevitable. =P
The hair somehow has to go from normal to SSJ. We could however smooth out the transition, yeah. ^^
well if it wouldn't be too hard or time consuming try to make it so when the transformation scene starts the hair slowly rises up and then like add an animated texture which would change color a few times from black to yellow(speaking mostly of goku transformation scene) and then the model swap.
About the explosions though... From what i've seen in the vid's there is smoke and it looks pretty good as it is. I don't know how it affects the older PC's though. If they take a huge hit on performace just because of smoke particle overkill then it might not be a good idea.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Dalte and DT are starting to work on some trans anims and FX now so we'll see what they come up with. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see that level of detail knowing those 2. As for explosions, well, ESF has always done its own thing. None of the explosions have ever really looked anything like in the show. I think we'll just keep working the way we are with that :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe just make the hair transforming yellow specific to trunks... because that was one of my favorite episodes and I think it will compliment trunks quite well (afterall, he was jipped in just about every aspect in 1.2.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom