Transformations in esf final

Best answers
Hey dudes been a fan since the start just like everyone else here, not sure if its been said but for the transformations in the final version i doubt it will be like the ones in ecx and 1.2.3 where the whole scene of the transformation is cut out of the movie and played out in the game, a new suggestion would be to make it short and epic like the transformations in dragon ball kai if anyone has seen it (its just a crazy scream, some echoing, auras and other noises going on) rather than it being dragged out like the original transformations that is of course unless you want to keep it old school, but just a suggestion cheers

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The original transformations in the series are what made them epic to see in the first place the first time you saw them animated, I feel (though it was more true to the manga) that the edits in Kai took away from that 'wow' feel they use to have.. not to say they are bad, just different from 'Z'. That being said, transformations in game, while they don't take 5 mins, they will be roughly the same length of the 1.2.3 transformations.

Best answers
Thats fair enough and i understand where your coming from, first time seeing everyone transform blew my mind hole but just for this game as i would imagine it would be fast paced and many things going on at once wouldnt a quick and epic transformation be more suited imagine as you would be fighting, get up to your transformation power level, transform with a quick burst of power and let out a scream or two and be off again in a matter of seconds although im happy with whatever is given and just trying to help.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Get your PL high enough and you instant transform, works that way in 1.2.3 as well. There are 3 stages of transformation for characters that can revert. For example, Goku's ssj1 transformation.. when you reach the correct PL, you transform and it takes a bit of time, like when he transformed fighting Frieza. Stage 2 of the ssj1 transformation is faster, more like when he transformed for the Androids. Stage 3 is the 'instant' transformation, like when showing Babidi and Buu the stages of ssj. :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I do wish that you were invincible during transformations though or you'd push everything attempting to come to close to you, like people and beams, away due to the massive energy output. I mean like Frieza said in TFS, "I want to go 100% power and you just let me." It should be like that in the game too.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I do wish that you were invincible during transformations though or you'd push everything attempting to come to close to you, like people and beams, away due to the massive energy output. I mean like Frieza said in TFS, "I want to go 100% power and you just let me." It should be like that in the game too.
Thats spamable. You can use it to avoid melee hits like that. Its already an issue in 1.2. If someone is chasing you, you hit the transform button and he will fly past you. You then just cancel the transformation and pretty much get a free hit on the opponent.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats spamable. You can use it to avoid melee hits like that. Its already an issue in 1.2. If someone is chasing you, you hit the transform button and he will fly past you. You then just cancel the transformation and pretty much get a free hit on the opponent.
Well then could it not be possible so that once you start to transform you cannot stop, you have to go through with the entire transformation process no matter how much it would take?
That would solve the spamming problem. Why can you stop a transformation anyway? Makes sense to not get shot, but if shots can't harm you during your transformation then why would you need to stop?

You should still be able to turn back, dunno why anyone would want to do that, but you should be able to do it after you transform not during the transformation, which again makes no sense as a mechanic, or as DBZ lore.

I mean it's just so ridiculous that when I finally reach my potential, I wanna be proud and show off my char transforming, but noooo beamers and people who don't want any competition immediately fire their biggest beam at me, and I have to resort transforming behind a rock.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then could it not be possible so that once you start to transform you cannot stop, you have to go through with the entire transformation process no matter how much it would take?
That would solve the spamming problem. Why can you stop a transformation anyway? Makes sense to not get shot, but if shots can't harm you during your transformation then why would you need to stop?

You should still be able to turn back, dunno why anyone would want to do that, but you should be able to do it after you transform not during the transformation, which again makes no sense as a mechanic, or as DBZ lore.

I mean it's just so ridiculous that when I finally reach my potential, I wanna be proud and show off my char transforming, but noooo beamers and people who don't want any competition immediately fire their biggest beam at me, and I have to resort transforming behind a rock.
Freedom of control. Just because people in DBZ never aborted their transformation, doesnt mean they couldnt. Besides if im transforming and someone who isnt transformed comes up to me, i want the ability to cancel out and fight him in an equal state without the need to finish the transformation.

Its all about letting the player do what they want. Besides if you loose control of the cancle, someone else can just charge a beam and wait till you are done to inflict major damage.

We do have an idea on how to handle the situation to satisfy everyone, but its not in the game yet though.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I have to agree with pumadace2000. It's weird for someone to just de-transform in the middle of a transformation. I personaly in my years of playing have never done it, although I have to admit I do not play as SSJ often. But the most I've seen de-transforming used is as spam, which is exactly where this problems comes from.

But it's not a problem at all. I think that the team decided that druing the first transformation you would be invicible. After that 1st trans. you would be vulnarble.

But still, if Saiyans needed to go SSJ during a fight they would do so instantly or almost instanly. And please, reaching instant transformation in 1.2.3 is really not happening. On any of the servers. The amount of time you need to reach 5.000.000 PL in base form is too long.

I'm sure that there could be some sort of a mechanism involved that after the first transformation, the player could have an option to use a longer transformation or a shorter one.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, what if you made it so that you can't cancel the first transformation, and made the player invincible during that first one. After that, they can be hit/cancel it?

Hightlighter, you now have more then 1 transformation, I can't begin to think that they would make it impossible to reach the level needed for at the very least perfect ssj1.. let alone the ability to even hit ssj2 or beyond. + you can always find a server that doesn't have a 20 min time limit :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Freedom of control. Just because people in DBZ never aborted their transformation, doesnt mean they couldnt. Besides if im transforming and someone who isnt transformed comes up to me, i want the ability to cancel out and fight him in an equal state without the need to finish the transformation.

Its all about letting the player do what they want. Besides if you loose control of the cancle, someone else can just charge a beam and wait till you are done to inflict major damage.

We do have an idea on how to handle the situation to satisfy everyone, but its not in the game yet though.
Still makes no sense. If you want to fight someone on equal terms, and you accidentally started transforming, then you can just finish transforming, while you transform you don't move so you can easily say in chat: "Wait a moment, I'll turn back to normal after I transform and then we will fight.", and then turn back to normal. Why do you necessarily need a cancel option in the middle of a transformation? Makes no sense as a mechanic once again and by this "letting the player do what they want as you call it", it only creates annoying problems rather then convenient situations like the spam exploit.

Again there is no reason for a cancel mid-transformation to be there, it just isn't when there are plenty of ways to do all the things you said without using a cancel button.
The solution would even be as simple as hell. No introducing nonsense no nothing. Just do it like this:
During the transformation, no matter what type, no matter how long, you are invulnerable to everything like in the show (if you want to transform then no one should have the right to stop you and besides even if you do transform they can still beat you afterwards), you can't move either of course and you can't stop it once you start it. Simple as ****, if it can be done, and it should, I see no reason why not, other then minor conveniences that do not apply to everyone and as I said cause more problems than solutions.

Again: Why do I have to go somewhere on the edge of a map, or behind a rock so I don't get beamed when I want to transform, just so there is a cancel transformation button, that makes no sense, is more useless than useful and that worst of all is useful only in very small and few situations such as duels (but even if it is useful, you can still find a way around without it) but in a map filled with people it is completely useless and because of it, it puts me in danger of transforming. Please consider this, because as I said, a solution for this would and should not be hard. Bonus: It should also give the players a better feeling that they are a character from the show and that when he transforms nothing will stop him from doing that.

Again with Friezas quote from TFS: "I want to go 100% power and you just let me!"

Note: I swear I wrote transfrom in this reply, like a million times, and had to correct it all the damn time:))

Last edited:
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You're misquoting Frieza, he is calling them an idiot for letting him do that. "I just love how easy it is to get away with this s*** with you people. I want to transform you just sit there and let me. I want to blow the planet up, you just sit there and let me. I want to reach 100% power, and you just sit right there and let me!" Thus showing, if you're going to be using that quote to prove your point.. that it is NOT how the dev team should go about it, because it would be an idiotic move to just sit right there and let them. :\

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem isnt canceling the transformation its not being able to get hit with melee when you are transforming.

You have those 2 second transformations from 2.5 million PL onwards in 1.2. Its just enough time for the other player to miss his melee attack, you finish transforming and can attack him with double the power. Thats one instance on the offensive side.

Defensively. If you are stuck in a transformation and cant cancel out, you will have people who can prepare big beams and hit you the moment you are finished. Simply slapping on an invulnerable and unstoppable transformation doesnt solve such issues.

On the other hand. Transformations take KI that is taken the moment you achieve the new form, where canceling does not.

And most importantly you are forgetting one tidbit. ESF is a deathmatch game, not a DBZ simulation. People do not need to let you increase your damage, speed and KI reserves, if they dont want to. It would be like waiting until your opponent pucks up the rocket launcher/armor in a narrow corridor map in quake. You dont do that. SSJ is a bonus, not something you need or should have once you unlock it.

Yes the system needs an overhaul, but not the kind that gives you the bonus just because you can get it while the rest of the server is forced to idly watch. We need something that prevents cheap moves, while preserving the notion of "risk for gain" when it comes to transformations.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The problem isnt canceling the transformation its not being able to get hit with melee when you are transforming.

You have those 2 second transformations from 2.5 million PL onwards in 1.2. Its just enough time for the other player to miss his melee attack, you finish transforming and can attack him with double the power. Thats one instance on the offensive side.

Defensively. If you are stuck in a transformation and cant cancel out, you will have people who can prepare big beams and hit you the moment you are finished. Simply slapping on an invulnerable and unstoppable transformation doesnt solve such issues.

On the other hand. Transformations take KI that is taken the moment you achieve the new form, where canceling does not.

And most importantly you are forgetting one tidbit. ESF is a deathmatch game, not a DBZ simulation. People do not need to let you increase your damage, speed and KI reserves, if they dont want to. It would be like waiting until your opponent pucks up the rocket launcher/armor in a narrow corridor map in quake. You dont do that. SSJ is a bonus, not something you need or should have once you unlock it.

Yes the system needs an overhaul, but not the kind that gives you the bonus just because you can get it while the rest of the server is forced to idly watch. We need something that prevents cheap moves, while preserving the notion of "risk for gain" when it comes to transformations.
What did you guys have in mind to try and help fix all this?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNZH7CL7iro&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLFB69921DD96239C3

1:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3UQsiQa4o

0:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4aFbGh4zw

0:39

I think you know where I'm going with this. As per need the Z warriors transformed as fast as they needed to. However, they were able to complete their very first transformation because they either achieved them in training, because the enemy wanted them too or the enemy was too stupified to do anything or something similiar; bottom line, due to story plot.

However we don't have story plot in a multiplayer only game, so I think it would be fitting to make the first transformation invincible and that you couldn't stop it. After that however, I would incorporate the option of having a long transformation (as the player did the first time) or a short one, yet in both you would be vulnarble. The mechanics for that could be so simple:

- hold the transform button: you get a long transformation.
- simply hit it: you get a short one

To me it's very simple, but how the team is going to do is another question. Poor Grega, always having to deal with our suggestions! :p

Well, what if you made it so that you can't cancel the first transformation, and made the player invincible during that first one. After that, they can be hit/cancel it?

Hightlighter, you now have more then 1 transformation, I can't begin to think that they would make it impossible to reach the level needed for at the very least perfect ssj1.. let alone the ability to even hit ssj2 or beyond. + you can always find a server that doesn't have a 20 min time limit :)
Yeah. I don't even know if they're going to incorporate the same insta-transformation as in 1.2.3. Grega is simply stating that you can insta-transform already in 1.2.3 and I was mainly talking in the spirit of 1.2.3. I have no idea for Final though :p.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor Grega, always having to deal with our suggestions! :p
Yeah. I don't even know if they're going to incorporate the same insta-transformation as in 1.2.3. Grega is simply stating that you can insta-transform already in 1.2.3 and I was mainly talking in the spirit of 1.2.3. I have no idea for Final though :p.
And here i was thinking im an ass for always hitting back with problems certain suggestions may cause gameplay-wise.

As for the second part. Its called keeping things hush hush.

@Tony not sure im allowed to talk about it in public. Sorry ^^;

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Puma, you tend to argue a lot and I'm not sure if you're stubborn, concerned or always thinking you're correct. @Grega I understand the team wishes to keep these secrets bit you shouldn't hide too much either.. transforms shouldn't be the biggest secret.

Best answers
The only thing I want about transformation and perfect transformation is the automatic Turbo-mode when you finish, but if they don't want, my gameplay's always the same (mmm :-/)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I do agree we should have auto-turbo after a transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom