Transformation Types

Best answers
I disagree greatly with making Stamina drain when Transformed or making KI drain naturally when just sitting idle. I think making it drain appropriately during combat is a much better solution. If you get hit, you lose more stamina. If you fight harder with Turbo/Charged Turbo, you lose more KI.

This is how I think it should be:
*When a player Transforms, their stamina becomes more vulnerable to attacks
*When transformed, Stamina takes longer to regenerate with the Recharge key

---This is created by increasing Maximum Stamina, and attack damage incorporating % of Maximum Stamina

*Charged Turbo initially lasts longer on Transformed players, but it's more difficult to sustain with Recharge
*Conversely, Untrans players have a lower initial time, but it's much easier to sustain
*Permatrans can sustain a Transformed Charged Turbo much easier than Temptrans can

---This is created by increasing Maximum KI and KI drain levels

These are both possible under such methods because recharge rates for Stamina and KI are always fixed.​

More power means taking more risk. More risk means a greater reward.

This setup gives an incentive to players to learn the game and become better at it. The better they get, the more able they are to play their favorite SSJ3 and Majin Vegeta characters. If Charged Turbo is increasingly harder to sustain, players can slowly learn and master it at lower levels and transform as they improve.

With great Power Level comes great KI responsibility!

Some players may also want to fight on SSJ1 all they time because they can sustain a Charged Turbo on it indefinitely while gaining the increase in base power. This gives purpose and strategy to fighting under a variety of transformations instead of just one.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT:
An important bit I forgot to include. If untrans runs out of Ki, they lose no stamina. Only transformed players who lose all of their Ki drop to low stamina levels, which in turn causes them to fall out of transformations. This gives an incentive to players remaining Untrans who enjoy fighting with Charged Turbo constantly, like using Kaio Ken. If they run out, they recharge and go at it again, unlike SSJ1 which if it runs out of Ki, all the stamina drops out equally like every other transformation.

Last edited:
Best answers

That is good idea i think.​

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I disagree greatly with making Stamina drain when Transformed or making KI drain naturally when just sitting idle. I think making it drain appropriately during combat is a much better solution. If you get hit, you lose more stamina. If you fight harder with Turbo/Charged Turbo, you lose more KI.

This is how I think it should be:

---This is created by increasing Maximum Stamina, and attack damage incorporating % of Maximum Stamina

*Charged Turbo initially lasts longer on Transformed players, but it's more difficult to sustain with Recharge
*Conversely, Untrans players have a lower initial time, but it's much easier to sustain
*Permatrans can sustain a Transformed Charged Turbo much easier than Temptrans can

---This is created by increasing Maximum KI and KI drain levels

These are both possible under such methods because recharge rates for Stamina and KI are always fixed.​

More power means taking more risk. More risk means a greater reward.

This setup gives an incentive to players to learn the game and become better at it. The better they get, the more able they are to play their favorite SSJ3 and Majin Vegeta characters. If Charged Turbo is increasingly harder to sustain, players can slowly learn and master it at lower levels and transform as they improve.

With great Power Level comes great KI responsibility!

Some players may also want to fight on SSJ1 all they time because they can sustain a Charged Turbo on it indefinitely while gaining the increase in base power. This gives purpose and strategy to fighting under a variety of transformations instead of just one.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT:
An important bit I forgot to include. If untrans runs out of Ki, they lose no stamina. Only transformed players who lose all of their Ki drop to low stamina levels, which in turn causes them to fall out of transformations. This gives an incentive to players remaining Untrans who enjoy fighting with Charged Turbo constantly, like using Kaio Ken. If they run out, they recharge and go at it again, unlike SSJ1 which if it runs out of Ki, all the stamina drops out equally like every other transformation.
I really do like your ideas. I think they should be considered, for I would like to see them in-game, but the team needs to make that choice. ^_^

Best answers
When do all these ideas pop into your head man? :-/
I've been thinking on them for awhile now. I'm a frequent Suggestions poster.

@Highlighter: Yeah this is true. I hope they'll at least consider testing it in game to see how it pans out. I just hate the idea of every character being the same. More powerful characters should be more difficult to play imo, in order to balance things out. At least the Temptrans characters should be more difficult, like SSJ3 and Majin Vegeta, and the Permatrans characters can be a bit easier, but less flexible.

Permatrans already have an advantage of not falling out of transformation if they run out of stamina, so with this advantage in mind, their maximum power levels can afford to be lower than SSJ3 and Majin Vegeta. They're consistently more powerful, thus less risk and less power. Their stamina is always more vulnerable though, which makes them easier to keep bogged down. They're more vulnerable to finishing attacks as they're less able to escape, I'd think.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh we aint going for any sich complexity or anything. We are sticking to standard transformation types. Though we will balance out each transformation seperate in relation to the character rather than just balance teh character.

For example you have a transformation that gives you a lot more PL but it makes you slower. Or a transformation that gives you allmost no PL bonus but increases other stats. We can play with that a lot to create unique transformations usefull for certain playstiles.

Best answers
In other words, USSJ will make players slower. Krillin's transformation will add too much PL. SSJ3 will add more Maximum Ki to balance the Ki drain and make him better in a Power Struggle. Kid Buu will have more stamina, assuming Turbo/Charged Turbo drains stamina more than Ki. Is that what you're using stamina for?

You guys are clearly decided on keeping game mechanics the same and just tweaking the values. It's not a bad way to go about it really. I'll see how it pans out and consider joining a ESF MOD if I'm not happy with it.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I do agree with you, Disguise, but I also agree with Grega. The things that you have preposed are quite naturaly tempting and very nicely thought out, it sorta brings more depth to the game and quite more realism, DBZ style-wise and what-not.

But as Grega said, they want to have some complexity in the game, but they don't want to over do it, since you tend to die in ESF faster than you would in a standard console game (Budokai, Tenkaichi, etc.) + multiplayer adds multiple opponents, unless it's a duel ofcourse. That's right, they have a tournament mode now.

I think we'll get something along those lines, which is good I suppose. We'll see how it turns out. For now, the graphical updates are shooting out quite alot, and once all of the characters get re-modeled (I suppose they will be, there has been some indication about it, but ofcourse, I can' be sure), the graphical updates might come to an end and I think that from there somewhere we'll be able to see more of the overall gameplay system. Not to mention they supposedly need to update the melee overview (is it overview?) topic.

Really liked your ideas though. :-/

Also, to Grega@

How many suggestions does the TEAM consider and how many do they take into the game? Ofcourse, if that's not leaking information too much.
Human race. Curious as hell. :p

EDIT: Even though hell isn't curious at all... since, it gets alot of people from Earth...and.... Hell lives in hell and... I think I'll shut up now. Yes, yes I will.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We considder a lot of suggestions really.

But not all of them ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom