transformation system overhaul

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
seeing as 1.3 will be introducing multiple transfomrations,

i felt the old way of transforming would be too slow if you wanted to go all the way to ssj3. but spawned as non-ssj. since you would then have to go through each individual form.

this picture will explain most of it
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car6oj.jpg

now lets just ignore the entire theory of perfect transformation, it complicates this more than it has to.

if you have enough to transform into ssj2, when the bar reaches the ssj level you will automatically change forms (similar to perfect transformation) but the bar will keep going, so as not to interrupt the transformation sequence.

so you could effectively go from ssj, to ssj2 in 1 sequence. when you let off of Z it will keep the form you have at the time (if you dont have it charged to the next available level) or initiate the transfomration sequence.

ill upload a quick flash animation in a sec to further explain what i mean, cuz i know you wont be able to understand exactly what i meant without seeing it in motion

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/Nuttzeh/crap.swf

>_>, its still very rough, im not exactly a wizard in flash. but that should give you an idea at least of how it will make up for perfect transformation.

the only difference in the flash video than what i posted is that when you reach the maximum transfomrable form (if you can only go to ssj2 it stops and performs the ssj2 sequence, if you can only go ssj3 etc,)

btw, i posted a much more indepth post about this somewhere else,

after the next post i will copy and past all of that into here. i would rather avoid making a gigantic wall of text post

***edit
aww screw it, here is the text from the original post

"forms you cannot transform into will be greyed out and unselectable, but will still show on the list (just greyed out) so people can see all of the potential forms for that character.

as the bar charges and gets to a transformable form, that box will glow and get a #'d dragonball above it signifying which form you are transforming into (ssj=2, ssj2=3, etc)

once you let off of z it will perform the transformation for whichever form the charge-bar had selected. (this is kinda obvious, but i forgot to mention it nonetheless)

theres nothing really wrong with the way it works now, but i think it would be neat to go from non-ssj to ssj3 providing you had the required power level, instead of sitting through all of the prior forms.

it would also be neat to go back and forth between forms at will as well,"

for perfect trans i suppose you could change instantly into the next form when the bar reaches its position, and keep going providing you had enough pl without interrupting the transformation bar.

meaning you would change forms WHILE you are charging the bar if you had enough for perf transformation.

this way lets say if you had enough pl to perfect trans all the way up to ssj3 but not 4 you could perf trans to ssj1, then 2, then 3 while you are on your way to ssj4. in whch case when you let off it would play the ssj4 transformation sequence.

each time you changed form in the charging process doing a perfect transformation it should do that lil "boom" effect it does when you perfect trans so people know whats happening

if you let off the z button early however, before it reached the next form you would keep whichever form you had at the moment you let off charging, (if the bar is inbetween ssj3 and 4 you stay at ssj3 for example)

so to perf trans to ssj, charge it til ssj and you will instantly change to ssj, at which point you could simply let off and stay ssj or keep going to ssj2

to perfect trans simply charge up til that form and let off, and it will be the same as before save for the wait of charging (which wont be that long)

this will cost you less than a second more if you want to perfect trans a SINGLE time,

but when you come around to when you can perf trans multiple times it makes up for it, as you dont have to wait for the "change_finish" animation to be played twice.

when you get to where you can ascend into your final form it really shines, as you can perf trans all the way up til that form and THEN do the final transformation sequence instead of having to hop from 1 to the other til you get to your last form

you transform WHILE you are charging if you have enough for perfect transformation, is what i mean

like if you have enough for ssj perfect, when the bar slides past ssj, you will instantly transform and it will applly all its goodies, if from that alone you get enough to perf trans (or have enough already) you will do the same at ssj2,

when you reach the point when you can no longer perfect transform, and you let off Z past an accessible form it will begin the normal transformation sequence,

the charges themselves wouldnt take much longer (if any at all) longer than the "change_finish" animation it plays

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
I guess Ive seen the pic somewhere already ^^
Hoever, I still like the idea somehow. :)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Me likes ^^
I'd have the pictures of the tranformation a bit more inconspicuos though, so you can keep an eye on what's going on around you in case you have to cancel it/ cut it short to avoid an attack or something.

I'd also make the pictures of the transform sequence of the ingame models to kind of hide the difference between the art style in game and the style of the show.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt have pictures of kamas model handy, so i substituted them with those.

dunno about shrinking the menu thing though, i suppose it could be scooted to the bottom of the screen. but the layout would have to be altered somewhat.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like this idea, I think it'd speed things up more.

I still don't really understand how Perfect transformations work in your idea - while you're charging from non-ssj to ssj, and you are able to perfectly transform to ssj1, will you instantly transform to ssj1 without waiting, or what?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
err, if you have enough to perfect transform for a particular form.

simply charge to that level and let off Z, instead of doing the transformation sequence it will just stick at that form.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, now I see. So if you don't have perfect trans, and you charge until a certain form, it'll start a transformation sequence, and when you do have perfect trans, the sequence will be skipped entirely and you'll transform instantly.

I like it. I like it a lot. :yes:

I have an idea for the charge bar placement on the screen.

Perhaps it'd look good if it was placed on the left side of the screen, in a vertical fashion. That way it won't obstruct your view too much, and if you label the transformations from low to high, it'll look intuitive as well. So you'd ascend, and the charge bar would also rise up to a higher form, further utilising the 'ascension' principle.

Like so:

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it alot.
The Time where you spend pressing an button to go from Normal to SSJ3 can be made nicer with an Charge Bar for the Transformation Stage.
I like it:yes:

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always had an idea like this, I think it's perfect, I knew someone smarter than me would suggest this in a more intellegent way, lol, so The bar moves quickly to ssj/2/3 but as soons as you deselect the "z" button on your kb he starts transforming? great, but will your character be vulenrable to attacks when you choose it?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well, ive always been against being invulnerable while you are transing. so im just gonna say yes =P

but if you got knocked out of the trans charge WHILE you were charging PAST a form, you will keep whatever form you had at the time of being knocked out.

like if you were trying to trans to ssj2, and had already passed the ssj mark. if knocked out of it by a beam or something, you would stay at the ssj level.

so i guess in a way it would kinda make up for it.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, good recovery, you've really got everything covered, I sure hope this or something very similiar gets added! Bt this will work the same for all characters, right Well except for the buddy transes, oh no, wait, for Captain ginyu it should also work like this, where as you keep it in you select the buddy you want.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Or as it is being held the number of buddies who comes would increase..? He does have 4 companions after all.. Just a suggestion. :). Great idea though Nuttzy!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as trans can also be ussed as now. Tap to go up one level. I have nothing against that ^^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like it tbh, I think just perfecting the previous trans unlocks the next one would be the best system, if you wanna get to your final form, just hit z three times quickly in sucession. The models should all switch over the same animation that they have now. If you haven't prefected a trans, when you get to it on the chain, you'll just go through what esf has now, the trans "cinematic" that shortens upon PL increase.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it IS like that warren, i just didnt really bother with detailing everything in the flash video.

read the text parts for a better descrition =P.

you still need the required PL to transform, you dont magically have all those forms at the start.
this just gives you a way to go to your higher forms without having to sit through 2-3 different transformation sequences.

like if you have enough pl to transform to ssj3, (taking into account the pl boost from the previous forms as well)

just press and hold Z and charge it to ssj3, your character model will automatically change at the ssj1 and ssj2 levels when it reaches those bars. without interrupting the charge bar or transformation animation.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i had an idea alot like this along time ago, alas no one listened to me at all

although to tell you the truth yours has more interesting points to it

good idea to me

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:yes: :yes: :yes: / :yes: :yes: :yes: (Forums won't allow, 5 out of 5 because it is 10 pictures...wtf...)

Love the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom