Transformation/High Powerlevel Resistance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok this is about the scenario that everyone is worried about.... The "OMG a SSJ3! and I JUST joined the server"

My idea is to have newcomers/newbies a fighting chance against the incredibly high and futile PLs you will see in 1.3 in servers

lets say somones been playing and has a PL of like 10 or 15million or so and i join with 750,000. Past a point the low pl players should have a damage resistance against those really high pls but act normal within the radius of like 8-9mill pl difference?

Seeing as this is the case there would be no amplifier when a verylow/newcomer attacks high pl players, since gaining that much pl would be pointless in the firstplace if they didnt have some edge over them.

Comments? Complaints? Donations?

Best answers
Hmmm, sounds resonable. BUT it also sounds hard to code... I would like to see somthing like that in 1.3 :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So.. then what would be the point of powerlevel?

Best answers
..."I AM TEH HIGHER NUMBER THAAN U!"
"OMG LOLZ NOT TAHT IS MEENZ ANYFIN"
"LOLZ"

Ahh the future of ESF...
...sucks.

How about , if you have earned my power level , you do more damage! :O
Amazeing!

Best answers
well... all that new person has to do is melee the ssj3 once and he'll probably be short of being able to ssj... ofcourse the just joined guy will be at disadvantage, but i don't think it'll be that drastic unless the ssj3 is virtually untouchable......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok point of powerlevel would be that your harder to take down anyways, you wont be hurt that much, but when somone just shoots a kame in the middle, the poor 1mil and unders will die just about anywhere, this gives that resistance to them

Edit: also this could be refered to something as "Handicap" this can be Optinal for servers, just like PL catchup, ppl hate that and ppl dont..

Best answers
Heh heh... what if ESF had a charge push? While you're charging, weaker pls get pushed away?

"I SHALL MELEE THAT SSJ3 AND GET TEH L33T PEE EL"
"HAR!"
"NOOOES!"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can also just make it harder to gain pl when you get higher in pl, so you dont have to worry about ssj3 goku's within 10 minutes -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jack WinkleBean said:
Heh heh... what if ESF had a charge push? While you're charging, weaker pls get pushed away?

"I SHALL MELEE THAT SSJ3 AND GET TEH L33T PEE EL"
"HAR!"
"NOOOES!"
thats completly off topic of this... I didnt say anything about pushing weak players...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well youll only have a problam against good players.

Face it a noob is still a noob and he plays the same in normal form and in ascended form. So its only beter for you unless you play the same as him or hes a beamspammer.

I speak from my own experience XD since i was a noob last December ^^

Best answers
I wouldn't like it too much if it was harder to gain powerlevel as you become stronger, although it is somewhat already integrated. If you're stronger than everyone else, you gain pl more slowly. Still... in DBZ, if you're like... Krillin and Goku is SSJ3, you won't stand a chance. I guess it makes it unfair for newer players on the server but if the system is kept the same, meleeing the SSJ3 a few times and letting autopunch kick in, you could probably hit SSJ2 soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is just a handicap option just like pl catchup is. can be chosen to turn off..

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats what the pl balancer thing is for. If Mr. 750,000 lands one hit on Mr. 15,000,000. His pl will shoot up dramatically, for proof of this just beat up on an idle superbot, and if the high level player dies he'll go down a fair bit and if the low level player dies he'll go up a fair bit. I wouldn't be worried about getting owned by a high pl player.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , but ehy would it matter , pros will be able to own n00bs at high pls anyway with out to much effort (depending if that transed player is a n00b or not) i once killed a ssj3 goku in evm with a khh from ssj2 , but fro transes that are lower , it won't matter anyway seeing as mr.750,000 will get some pl whether he owns or dies

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok the idea of noob vs. pro has come up, no matter the pl the pro will always win. However think of it from the perspective of pro vs. pro. In which case the higher pl WILL be the deciding factor. From that perspective I can agree with Raven's idea, but a complete resistance seems really bad. Basically it means the low pl player can win the fight simply because the high pl player's attacks do no damage.

You've also got to remember that low pl players show up as miniscule dots on the mini-map. Meaning that its not overly difficult to sneak up on a high level opponent unsuspectingly and engage them.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree. There should atleast be a reward for being good at ESF.

Best answers
<_< Hit em... If they have a high pl then they take lower damage.... So basicly this what hapens to me usualy : I fight some body... suposedly win... charge... A noob atackes me.. Either advanced melle or basic.... After see them il just kill em melle beams.. And soo on... So basicly a noob cant really kill me Unless damage from back will do uber damage...

Other thingi hate... You kill somebody and they say HAHAAHAA I gained lots of pl and i will get to trans soon then beam you from behind....

So either way ... Geting owned is good for people with not pride that is.... But i think they should lower the gain of pl... So people wont Say... KILL ME I WANT TO GET PL :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
n00bs sometimes delvelop there gameplay style when playying against good players/pros , so in a sence , they won't get constantly beaten to a pulp

Best answers
<_< Yeah game play style... 1 gets beebed by a pro other charge most powerfull beam....
Pro tels.. Asuming he is smart enught to always have a ki storage just in case....And beem others....

Dont they realise that people can teleport easyly...

Any way dont you find it anoing when nEWbs ask questions like : How do you swoop, can i blob you to get power, can i kill you O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom