Transformation effects

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course I'm not going to wait til a transformation is finished. You're in a state that is vulnerable, if I let you finish, you'll be more powerful, faster, stronger, less time needed to charge Ki. From a tactical standpoint, I'd be an idiot not to attack. So yeah, the invulnerable while transforming would be a good thing, but make it so you can't cancel the trans, or if you do, you loose half your Ki, so it won't be easy to spam, as it'll just be an energy drainer.

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
From that stand-point you are correct, however it becomes almost impossible to transform if everyone spams you right as you try. Making it unstoppable or dibilitating to do so, is a massive disadvantage.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Considering the size of the maps of ESF Final, hiding somewhere safe to transform doesn't seem to be much of a big deal, but then again, in the anime, characters didn't hide to transform.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main issue from this stems from the fact that in the series, no one attacked while another was transforming, it was taboo, even if it was a good chance to kill a character. In a realistic situation in this game for example, people just won't do that unless you're the only two people there and have agreed to such terms.

I think my suggestion is great, make Trans invincible, however to not make it spammable, make it so you lose 50-75% of your Energy when you cancel, making it really difficult to spam it and manage your Ki, while trying to attack. Also trans require a base of 33% Ki to transform.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The main issue from this stems from the fact that in the series, no one attacked while another was transforming, it was taboo, even if it was a good chance to kill a character. In a realistic situation in this game for example, people just won't do that unless you're the only two people there and have agreed to such terms.

I think my suggestion is great, make Trans invincible, however to not make it spammable, make it so you lose 50-75% of your Energy when you cancel, making it really difficult to spam it and manage your Ki, while trying to attack. Also trans require a base of 33% Ki to transform.
I agree with Mkilbride. You should be made invicible/untouchable when transforming, or it's going to be rather bothersome to transform. I also like his proposal on the energy drain, if you cancel the transformation. The one reason Saiyans (in the series) never messed with transforming and untransforming rapidly is because it took a lot of energy just to transform (that's why Goku and Gohan trained to attain a normal state while SSJ).

On a second note, you could make the first trans invicible and then not anymore after that, but the player should be able to choose to transform instantly or rather quickly if the player wanted too.

All this is also quite in accord with the series, save the part where the villians were either too shocked upon transformation to do anything about it, they wanted to see what happenned or/and were just too proud.

EDIT: OMG I always thought your name was Milkbride. It turns out it's actualy Mkilbride.... have to fix that.... :p

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe , tapping the Z Button would perform the normal , long transformation while if you hold the Z button for few seconds you get a faster transformation but with a much larger Ki - Drain. THIS IS NOT PERFECT TRANSFORMATION however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom