Best answers
i cant seem to find out what file tells half life what things to use in the transformations (gokus lightning, rocks, aura ect.)
any help here would be nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alot of its sprites, so yu can probably find a lightning sprite and rock sprite in the sprite folder, or if you mean the code cause if thats what it is, i dont know

Best answers
no, what i mean is...how does esf know what sprites to load and at what time?

Best answers
it's the dll files, and u can't edit those :p they are written in c plus plus then compiled into dlls

hl.dll
client.dll

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u edit the dlls u cant play online unless they too have the same dlls as u

so really too much work to edit the dlls and no one could really play unless they constantly swap out there dlls and stuff

Best answers
even if u do, u still can't :p
unless u have access to the source code, which once u edit, the mod is no longer ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup u couldnt do it if u wanted to

unless u wanna edit the alpha source code

Best answers
no im not getting in to all that, i would considering how i only play lan anyway but i dont wanna piss people off by the way i made a cool new lightning aura but no one can use it...

i geuss the only way to do it is to edit the auravrml.spr but... that sprite seems to always be transparent so lightning looks like crap...

Best answers
oh .. only now i rilized hibiki replyed the same time as me .. :p

anyway if u want to edit the aura itself it's aura.wrl there are about three files .. i am not exactly sure what each one of them does .. but u can have a look at them..

Best answers
ill release it when its done and useable with other players...
i havent been working on it recently but im talking to someone who will help me make an electric aura that looks good using the arauVRLM.spr alone.

dont worry it wont go dead, im still thinking of ideas even now

Originally posted by Ultraq
anyway if u want to edit the aura itself it's aura.wrl there are about three files .. i am not exactly sure what each one of them does .. but u can have a look at them..
yeah, that aura.wrl will let me change the auras shape, but not let me change what sprites to use with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom