Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Best answers
Hey what do you think about training?
Like playing without bots but by pressing the left click(punch) and right click(kick) in the air the the powerlevel increasing slowly??it'll be bad ass i'd really want to see that cuz often i want to train than playing with bots...
And wouldn't be great if by presing once the left click while playing with Future Trunks to draw his sword and you can train with the sword....i think would be great...Even with bots...you can train....or well I hope...
Tnx anyway...and good luck with the esf ^_^ don't rush...make it good :D

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how punching thin air would be a useful way of building up PL.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well it happened in the series but they were training either in the hyperbolic time chamber or in those capsule corp training places at 450 times normal gravity.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it happened in the series but they were training either in the hyperbolic time chamber or in those capsule corp training places at 450 times normal gravity.
The problem is, ESF is about having to fight other people. If there was a magical way to build up PL then go beat everyone else up and win due to the PL advantage, I don't think it'll be terribly fair. Or train before anyone joins a server and then do the same.

You do remember youll be scored by PL gained in 1.3 right.
A way of getting points without having to do much work wouldn't make ESF very competitive, would it? Some things from DBZ just wouldn't work too well in ESF.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not saying to go with the suggestion cos it is pretty pointless but I'm just saying that they were actually punching air in the series to train :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying to go with the suggestion cos it is pretty pointless but I'm just saying that they were actually punching air in the series to train :p
Under ultra-high gravity ^^.

Jay

Best answers
aha i see the point :) but still :)) i'd like to :>:D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aha i see the point :) but still :)) i'd like to :>:D
Sorry but this idea contributes nothing to gameplay other than run and hide then start mashing mouse 1 and 2 to gain PL.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like that idea came from a beyond dbz game lol

Best answers
Yeah it'd discourage combat, which is the biggest downside of it. What you could do is make a dueling system that acted as a method of training. Players would do no damage to the other person, but the increase in PL would be greatly reduced. Melee would train 1/2 xp, Ki attacks would train 1/3 or something. Maybe Ki attacks would do friendly-fire.

How would this be useful? I guess it'd only be useful for a Good vs Evil mode where players would have only one life and health would be doubled to make fights longer. Regeneration out of combat for extended period of time. If players fought, survived, and escaped, this training could be done among Good players to help them surpass to the next level, like in the series.

This would depend greatly on larger maps to hide in, and Permatrans being incredibly strong. It'd be a cool storyline-type setup for servers. Transformations like SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 would need to give substantially more PL. Permatrans would need a method of transforming not completely based on combat, like objective based.

EX: Cell finding Androids (bot/player controlled), Buu absorbing players (bot/player controlled)

Good would have to defend these objectives.

Last edited:

Jay

Best answers
aha...:) i understand xD ...can someone close this topic @-) :eek:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom