Tournament map...

Best answers
I was wondering, if u could make a map, which would have a tournament mode (players fight each other 1 on 1, tournament rules) and for players which isnt their turn, there would be rooms where they could fight?!
what do u say???

P.S. i didnt know if this would go in sugestions or in mapping.

Best answers
accually, you can do that, its not that hard....a couple of teleport entities and a info_good_start/evil_start and POOF....theres your map

Best answers
nemecj05 said:
accually, you can do that, its not that hard....a couple of teleport entities and a info_good_start/evil_start and POOF....theres your map
ok then. make it so when one person dies another person gets teleported out of the room. teleport entities slapped together can't do that unless you lined up in the waiting room in an orderly fashion.. smartass :rolleyes:

Best answers
ok first of all, you seem like a rookie mapper....but anyway........all you would need to do is make it when someone dies they dont restart at teh info_player_start entitie they would go to the good and evil start entities (DUH) and second if they were to get ring outed the ground outside the ring would be a teleport entitie that takes them to the other room to fight and inside that room there can be a teleport entitie back to the arena when people want another match, and as far as people not following the rules, KICK THEMthats why they made the option)

Best answers
rookie mapper? lmao, ill show u some of my maps if u like
(btw, your pic links for your map on the other thread arent working.. calling me a rookie :rolleyes: )

back on the subject: the guy was asking if you can map a 1v1 tournament style map. the answer is no (you could stand around spectating on any map while 2 players fight it out - and who would want to be sitting around in some little room anyways?).

Best answers
btw, the links on my threads are working, (just checked em) and second of all, he didnt make it very clear he wanted a 1 vs 1 map, if you want to do that just make a server that allows only 2 people in it, and i would like to see some of your maps, and as far as teh rookie thing goes, i meant you can make shapes well, but as far as teh entities go you dont seem to know to much about them

edit: i read the first post wrong, lol stupid me for rushing my reading X_X

Best answers
yeah lol, meh who cares anyways :)
well just to sort of stay on the subject.. my last map i made for a 1v1 and it uses trigger hurt entities to kill a player if they fall out of the ring.. give it a try, the links r posted on 'is it possible?' thread(the freewebs link should still be up, just copy the address into your navigator bar and disable any download accels). i put in some nice fogging effects too ;)

oh and your links didnt work for me, i dont know why :(

Best answers
I aint no mapper but in Ricochet there is a 1 vs 1 map
maybe you could check it out and do somthing like that o_o

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Bahamut, that would require new code in ESF.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It already has a good city map, esf_city and ape_city

http://www.esfstuff.com

And a good tournament map would involve code. It probably could be done, but wouldn't be as flowing (dunno the word right now, it'll come to me in a day or two :]).

Best answers
well maybe the team could make an additional tournament mode for the beta after 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinZGohan said:
well maybe the team could make an additional tournament mode for the beta after 1.2
They want to do a tournament mode, so I can't see why not...

Back From The Dead
Best answers
i like the idea of this map, but is there anything already made like that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
i like the idea of this map, but is there anything already made like that?
Look one post above yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom